Fixed Morphology Challenge
1. Hypno Mantis By Xenopologist
2. Hypno Mantis By KarimMP
1. RECRUIT of the Hypno Mantis empire By Parkaboy
2. Hypno Mantis By WforWumbo
3. Hypno Mantis By Gengar114
4. Hypno Mantis By skandranon12
In this fixed morphology challenge it's up to you to modify our template creature to fit the bio provided below. Entries will be judged on creativity, simplicity, adherence to creature bio, and how well they animate. Show us what this creature should look like in the Hypno Mantis Template Challenge!
Using the template above, submit a creation that shows us how you think the Darkspore Hyno Mantis NPC should look. Decorate and paint the creature, but don't alter the base template in any way. Entries will be judged on how cool they look. The second template can be used for non C&C players.
Like a few mutant children of the Darkspore, hypno mantises were once small, harmless creatures playing a vital role in their ecosystems. Now they’re giant, repulsive, terrifying monsters, taller than the average sentient biped and more than capable of slaughtering sentients by the dozen in a single attack. But the hypno mantis doesn’t need to touch its prey to kill. Instead it propels a symbiotic plant that sprays toxins in a cloud. Hypno mantises also possesses revivifying antigens and boosters that allow it to bring seemingly dead creatures back to action. If all its other attacks fail, the hypno mantis attacks physically, with devastating results.
These images are meant to generally inform the aesthetic direction you take especially when painting your creature. It's not a requirement to match your paint to these colors, but we just want to give you an idea of the vibe we're looking for.
What will the challenge winner(s) get?
Maxis will hand pick the winner in this challenge. The winner(s) will be featured on Spore.com and may be included as NPC designs in Darkspore!
• To submit an entry, tag it with: mchypnomantischallenge
• You can submit as many entries as you’d like
• All submissions must be in by 11:00am PDT December 20, 2010
• Optional: Post screenshots or YouTube movies of your creation on the forum
• No parent author in the lineage other than yourself or MaxisCactus
• No offensive/copyright protected references in entry
• No links/references to other sites in submission tags/name/description
• No cheats allowed
• No using the invisible limbs bug
• Asymmetry is
allowed, but entries should be in a default idle stance.