Huge congrats to the winners and honorable mention recipients in this challenge. Our challenge formats may be a little flexible as we go, as we're still working out design details for the game. We chose two winners for this challenge, as we'll most likely use the top two here as Darkspore NPCs!
1. Ray Shot By techno605
2. Ray Shot By MUDAMUDA
1. Ray Shot By skandranon12
2. Ray Shot Template By GBAura
3. Ray Shot By DarkStarDC12
4. Stillheat Ray Shot By BlueDragonic
In Game Preview
Fixed Morphology Challenge
In this fixed morphology challenge it's up to you to modify our template creature to fit the bio provided below. Entries will be judged on creativity, simplicity, adherence to creature bio, and how well they animate. Show us what this creature should look like in the Ray Shot Template Challenge!
Using the template above, submit a creation that shows us how you think the Darkspore Ray Shot NPC should look. Decorate and paint the creature, but don't alter the base template in any way. Entries will be judged on how cool they look. The second template can be used for non C&C players.
Ray shots once were solemn, nocturnal hunters, whom the Darkspore turned into homicidal hench creatures. Cunning and ruthless, ray shots unleash death in the form of plasma-bursts resembling miniature comets, one for each enemy who faces them. Those micro-comets can be dodged, but inflict terrible damage on those who fail to do so.
What will the challenge winner(s) get?
Maxis will hand pick the winner in this challenge. The winner(s) will be featured on Spore.com and may be included as NPC designs in Darkspore!
• To submit an entry, tag it with: mcrayshotchallenge
• You can submit as many entries as you’d like
• All submissions must be in by 11:00am PDT November 30, 2010
• Optional: Post screenshots or YouTube movies of your creation on the forum
• No parent author in the lineage other than yourself or MaxisCactus
• No offensive/copyright protected references in entry
• No links/references to other sites in submission tags/name/description
• No cheats allowed
• No using the invisible limbs bug
• Asymmetry is
allowed, but entries should be in a default idle stance.