The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Human Brain in Robot Body?  XML
Forum Index » Science and Spore
kaleb702

GalacticGod

Is it possible for a human brain to be transferred into a special contanister that would keep it alive, with biological plugs that connect with the brain to make it able to control a robotic body?
If it was it would be complicated, having to get the brain in fast but without damaging it, then making sure the person doesn't go psycho and then all the construction on the body part.
If so, a special antivirus system would need to be made that adapts, and special laws. (Not laws of robotics.)
And then, what would be the benifits? Strength? Endurance?
And finally, how different would the world be?
Discuss.

Our Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, For ever and ever. Amen.
[WWW]
darth vader sly

Multicellular

In your backyard turning the grass yellow

Making that kind of robot would be extremely difficult, you'd have to make millions of artificial nerves and things so the brain could understand what was happening, you'd have to use machines to harvest a slight amount of the electricity from the brain to send messages to the nerves to send messages to winches, pistons, and joints. It would cost billions of dollars for robots like that, but still, they would have their advantages.

[CENTER]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
My forum account is this my spore account is Slyguy84637
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
AaronMk

GalacticGod

Thanks to the Russians we may.

OTC | Youtube | Steam|RSBC | The DNR club | DA | ECF | | Unban the ECF forever
alpacaman

Civilized Sporeon

Poor puppy.

Mythology-55

Civilized Sporeon

I doubt it.... but I think Darth Vader Sly put it very well, so I won't go into detail.

Thehippopotamus

Civilized Sporeon

Thanks Aaron, i was looking for that vid... >:D

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/19/2010 21:17:12

Support SOPA/PIPA
AaronMk

GalacticGod

The vunders ouf Muther Russia.

CaptainOomp

GalacticGod

Human brains are too squishy and futile. The moment they are separated from the body they die, and the body dies as well. The bean would have to be replaced with robot bits bit by bit.

<-Please feed my Mr. Taco some tacos!
Slyth33

GalacticGod

If you wanted the same level of sensory input and control, you'd realistically need many thousands of pressure and temperature sensors covering the surface of the machine, as well as complex chemical receptors to act as a nose.

You'd also need a way to sustain an immune system to avoid infection. Simply pumping anti-biotics through the system will degrade the tissues in the brain over time and will do little to prevent a viral infection. You'll need actual white blood cells or a very good mimic.

To properly disperse the nutrients through the brain you'll have to keep the pre-existing network of capillaries active and pumping blood to the brain, simple diffusion will be insufficient.

Motor control will require very responsive servomotors to control all the different limbs. Your body can exert tremendous pressure with incredible accuracy, something that most electric motors cannot do. Such sensitive motors do exist, but they're astoundingly expensive. Response times must be instantaneous, there cannot be a wind up or wind down period. Your brain expects muscle fibers to respond with speed and precision.

Nutrient mixing in the blood can be controlled through a system of semi-permeable membranes.

So yes, in theory it can be done. It is extremely complicated though.

Pie4Pigs

Civilized Sporeon

alpacaman wrote:Poor puppy.

Exactly.

Thanks for giving me nightmares, Aaron.

member of le 9gag army!!! xDD
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
AaronMk

GalacticGod

Well, if you want to keep the circulatory stuff alive in the brain I would say just lob off the head and fuse it onto a robot body.

As for the brain dieing once separated from the body, it's possible to keep it a live for a short while. T'is displayed by the Russians up there. There was also an experiment done involving transplanting a monkey head on a human body. The head survived and could eat, bite, screech and act as a normal monkey head, not sure about the body. But that experiment was shut down and banned from taking place again by the UN.

I think there was a third case, but I forget what I was thinking for that.

Pie4Pigs wrote:

Exactly.

Well then ...

... welcome to my Nightmare.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 10/20/2010 00:38:09

properhealth

Spacefaring Sporeling

In short terms of what Slyth said, you'd need a willing volunteer that wants to die for Science!

[WWW] [Yahoo!]
RevanRedeemed

Civilized Sporeon

If you need instructions on where I am, check out the Enclosed Instruction Book.

The way I see it, if you attempted to place a brain inside a robotic body, you would eventually fill in needs that lead it back to being a human.

First off, you place the brain into the body. But wait! You need to place wires connected to the brain. But the wires send electricity, not blood. SO you replace them with veins and things of the like. However, you'll need a heart, lungs, and other vital organs. SO you place them within the body. BUt they do not stay together, and thus you must place a skeletal system inside. So that is all done. However, it grows difficult to move. Why? Because your body is made of metal! And it is does not have a prosthetic leg, for you need the veins to run through the body firmly. Thus, you switch the metal coating for skin. Ok, so you are almost like a terminator now. So you attempt to move your arms and legs now, but you have no muscles, thus you add those. So what is left that is robotic? Little, if anyhting, is left in an artificial state.

Thus, I rest my case. You would need to add the right things to make a human operate properly. Even if scientist eventually found a way to make an artificial robotic body for your brain, that is with technology that we do not possess, nor would we if this experiment were to go underway.

By the way, those Russians are geniuses.

The Wiki Entry is up! It can be found here: http://sporum.wikia.com/wiki/RevanRedeemed
RP Ideas: Here.
cole01

Spacefaring Sporeling

AaronMk wrote:Well, if you want to keep the circulatory stuff alive in the brain I would say just lob off the head and fuse it onto a robot body.

As for the brain dieing once separated from the body, it's possible to keep it a live for a short while. T'is displayed by the Russians up there. There was also an experiment done involving transplanting a monkey head on a human body. The head survived and could eat, bite, screech and act as a normal monkey head, not sure about the body. But that experiment was shut down and banned from taking place again by the UN.

I think there was a third case, but I forget what I was thinking for that.

Pie4Pigs wrote:

Exactly.

Well then ...

... welcome to my Nightmare.
Where did the human body come from....

You cannot cheat the future, and you cannot change the past, so enjoy the ride while it lasts.
GrandHox

Civilized Sporeon

AaronMk wrote:Thanks to the Russians we may.

*Snip*

Forum Index » Science and Spore
Go to: