The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Deactivated Registration Code?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Praedius

Microbe

I am insanely frustrated D< I tried installing Spore with my original registration code. It installed, but when I tried to run it, it gave me an error message saying that for security reasons, my registration code was deactivated. I e-mailed EA, and they sent me a new code, saying that it was sure to work. I tried it, and got the same error. Then I called customer service and got ANOTHER code, which also didn't work. After installing the game about ten times over, I got on EA's website and chatted with someone. They recommended I manually uninstall the game, then reinstall with my original code, as it wasn't deactivated (so he claimed) So I did, and I still got the same exact error. I chatted with another customer service guy, and after waiting more than an hour for a response, he told me I shouldn't have manually uninstalled it, and that I should uninstall it again, and reinstall. I tried it one last time, and nothing. I also fixed my registry completely, so I don't see what the problem could possibly be, but I did not pay $50 to get an error...
ghostofillusion

GalacticGod

Ouch.

Jaconan

Civilized Sporeon

Praedius wrote:I am insanely frustrated D< I tried installing Spore with my original registration code. It installed, but when I tried to run it, it gave me an error message saying that for security reasons, my registration code was deactivated. I e-mailed EA, and they sent me a new code, saying that it was sure to work. I tried it, and got the same error. Then I called customer service and got ANOTHER code, which also didn't work. After installing the game about ten times over, I got on EA's website and chatted with someone. They recommended I manually uninstall the game, then reinstall with my original code, as it wasn't deactivated (so he claimed) So I did, and I still got the same exact error. I chatted with another customer service guy, and after waiting more than an hour for a response, he told me I shouldn't have manually uninstalled it, and that I should uninstall it again, and reinstall. I tried it one last time, and nothing. I also fixed my registry completely, so I don't see what the problem could possibly be, but I did not pay $50 to get an error...

Gotta love Eaxis

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
MobsterMania

Civilized Sporeon

Praedius wrote:I am insanely frustrated D< I tried installing Spore with my original registration code. It installed, but when I tried to run it, it gave me an error message saying that for security reasons, my registration code was deactivated. I e-mailed EA, and they sent me a new code, saying that it was sure to work. I tried it, and got the same error. Then I called customer service and got ANOTHER code, which also didn't work. After installing the game about ten times over, I got on EA's website and chatted with someone. They recommended I manually uninstall the game, then reinstall with my original code, as it wasn't deactivated (so he claimed) So I did, and I still got the same exact error. I chatted with another customer service guy, and after waiting more than an hour for a response, he told me I shouldn't have manually uninstalled it, and that I should uninstall it again, and reinstall. I tried it one last time, and nothing. I also fixed my registry completely, so I don't see what the problem could possibly be, but I did not pay $50 to get an error...

Ooh! Looks like you're one of those poor souls that got ripped off.

Wait, can I ask you something? Did the Customer Service people have a slight Indian accent?

Praedius

Microbe

MobsterMania wrote:

Wait, can I ask you something? Did the Customer Service people have a slight Indian accent?

No, actually. It was an American sounding lady... So there's nothing left to do? =.= What if I buy another copy of the game?
Blaqoon

Microbe

Right next to you...Seriously, If you don't believe me look!

MobsterMania wrote:

Sigs by Sciocont, Thobewill,Delta317 and me
Zorrock

Microbe

I'm one of those losers that lost their Spore Manuel. I don't have the registration code. The game works fine, all i need is the code. I installed it before, but my pc got changed to Windows 7. I remember installing it somewhere around late Augest and Early September. I couldn't have installed it after September 6th because i have an acheivement on my account that takes some re-playing the beginning of the game. So can someone please send me a verification code that works?

Thank you.
Zorrock

Microbe

Email me mason_requa@hotmail.com

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: