I enjoyed reading this long post but there was some thing mentioned in the tribal stage and the civ stage that I didn't really agree with, but lets move onto what I would like to see.
1. Vehicles, characters, and pretty much everything should have had physical attributes. Ordering a car to drive off a steep hill should cause it to flip over, bodies should ragdoll weither it is from a huge blast or stepping on a spice gyser, getting run over, falling from a blown up air vehicle, etc. Weight of objects should be determined by what type of object it is and its size to keep things simple.
space stage -
1. Spaceship abilities are limited to equipment placed on it. If you fit 6 rockets on it you will shoot 6 rockes per volley. If you fit 4 bomb bays you will drop 4 bombs per volley. You fit 4 lasers you will magnify your damage by 4x. Doing this will obviously balance out or limit and excel your ships abilities in combat.
1A. With this in mind we should be able to target buildings wih rockets.
1B. Pulse weapon does not do a small powerful burst as it implies. insead it shoots a single projectile. It should do a 3 round burst like it implies from the descripion and display picture.
2. Ability to deploy a land vehicle from your space ship (with the proper equipment) which you can drive, exit, enter, attack, run over small animals, collect small animals, get stuck in a ditch, roll off a cliff, self destruct, etc...
3. Ability to deploy sea vehicles as well, like a boat or a submarine.
4. Ability to leave your space ship or any of these deployed vehicles.
4A. Ability to eject from these vehicles if you are in danger of sploding.
5. Ability to be able to preform various useful or un-useful tasks while in a deployed vehicle or on foot. Things like:
6A. Use and deploy various weapons and equipment you have picked in a loadout.
6B. Create camps and which you can fund to create mining operations, or a war base to continue or aid a war for you on an enemy planet. or a base on your own planet to complimen defenses.
6Ba. Ability to create and deploy various types of infantry, ground, sea, and air unis from these camps / bases.
6C. Ability to deploy mining camps / bases (each T-score can support 2 camps / bases or 1 colony?)
6Ca. Camps and bases can only be creaed on a planet with at least a T-Score of 1. Camps on a planet with a T-score of 0 will become abandoned.
7. Buildings and colonies that don't disappear after they blow up.
8. Ability to abandon colonies and planets
9. Ability to see supply and demand of spice from the galactic view.
10. Ability to set up trading routes to generate income
between 2 colonies of your choice.
11. More items for sale. 1 of every item on every colony is ridiculious.
12. No more eco disasters. Any colony with a brain can fix this on their own. Unless it gets completley out of hand and starts affecting many animals at this point you could help and get rewarded. Or you can ignore and the afflicted planet will find a way to deal with the problem. This should be a rewarding task, not a mandaory chore.
13. Colonies can be micromanaged to the extent of what to do during an attack, auto building structures when funds are available, and auto manage turrets.
14. A buy turret button which automatically places a turret on the colony. I dont enjoy having to drag and drop 8 turrets per colony.
15. Ability to make a profiable colony on a T0 planet.
16. Colonies which arent destroyed in 2 seconds and can utilize infantry, vehicles, defenses, and defensive tactics with much greater efficency. So you can not go from empire to empire BY YOURSELF and wipe them out.
17. Ability to create and manage fleets of ships which you can order and micromanage tactics and deployment.
17A. Micromanagement up to a decent level as to what a fleet would do if they were atacking an enemy, to land in and deploy bases and assault using ground forces, fly in and wreck havok etc, etc. Micromanagement should be limited to ship abilities. So you cant micromanage a fleet with no ships that have no deployment capabilities to go and deploy bases on an enemy planet.
18. Ability to set bases, mining camps, or colonies under minister control. These ministers can deploy, control, and complete your objective(s) (withdrawing funds when needed) until they fail or complete their task.
Well, theres more but im getting tired of posting. Nobody is going to care what I think anyway...