The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Winter War 2017 Winners Announced  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Poll
Who's side are you on?
I'm working for Santa 32% [ 7 ]
I'm supporting the Anti-Claus 18% [ 4 ]
Whichever pays more, get my services 45% [ 10 ]
I don't make merry at Christmas. Bah Humbug! 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22
ChocIce75

MouthBreather

(Again, there are already 3 Santa creations on the field. Stop posting them.)

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
Krammekat

Microbe

ChocIce75 wrote:(Again, there are already 3 Santa creations on the field. Stop posting them.)

I believe the rules state that each creator is allowed to create and post without limits, but is only capable of having 3 "active" at a time

Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

Look down. You are flying over me right now.

Krammekat wrote:
ChocIce75 wrote:(Again, there are already 3 Santa creations on the field. Stop posting them.)

I believe the rules state that each creator is allowed to create and post without limits, but is only capable of having 3 "active" at a time

Krammekat is correct. It is a rule to stop individuals from spamming the thread with 50 creatures that look like pieces of...stuff, as has happened in the past. If 100 creators want to each post 3 creations attacking Santa, then is is just fine. In fact, the more that are posted, the more opportunities you have to be creative in your response. And the more you create the better your chances of making something wonderful. But to be completely clear:

Each creator can have no more than 3 of his creations active at one time.
This does not apply to props, buildings, or other creations that do not engage in battle.
If your creature description however indicates the prop in use, then it will be determined to be active.
(i.e. The Anti Claus getting cool new heat ray guns is a 'prop'. Saying that they are given to mutant narwhal troops and are used to melt huge holes in the ice beneath Santa's main storage facility is 'active'. Even if you haven't made the mutant narwhals. Oops, perhaps I've said to much.)
Since defensive creations will have to be overcome, they are considered to be active, and count in your limit of 3
You may post more than 3 creations at a time as long as by the end of your post only 3 are still active.
and finally
This contest, more than most, is meant for having fun. While there will be winners announced, the overall flow of the winter war is just as important. Please send me a PM or comment on my creatures rather than distract from the contest if you have any questions or concerns. And please try to avoid double posting or using the comment button on log posts.
Thank you.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 12/02/2017 16:26:33

Redman9994

Multicellular

isn't key to getting a good deal on a house. ;)

Oh man! This went way faster than I anticipated. I'll make sure to post something later today.

Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

The Anti Claus suddenly had an idea for a bold new venture
That would make Santa choke on his very own dentures.

What if when Santa went to load his sleigh on Christmas night.
And the warehouse was empty. Oh what a delight.

With an unsettling cackle that would make a banshee cringe.
He set about working on this plan from the lunatic fringe.

Genetic manipulation was used to create narwhal soldiers to swim under the ice.
He armed them with heat rays, so those in the way would pay a high price.

The Knarlyahls swam under the arctic ice cap to the designated spot.
And began an ice tunnel to the toy warehouse hoping not to be caught.

Meanwhile the Anti Claus had had just about enough of the Jinn
And decided that the end of his partnership with Santa should begin.

The undercover elf had been taken out by that dreaded wyvern
But Santa hadn't counted on another spy posing as an intern.

Instructed to find the computer used by the Jinn, who was so care free.
The spy uploaded images from the Anti Claus' special USB.

All that is left is for Santa to be told in an anonymous note .
And the Jinn would be explaining, while the Anti Claus took time to gloat.

While this may not end Santa and the Jinn dubious venture to any extant
I will plant a seed to their cominng season of discontent.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 12/02/2017 19:43:00

Gabrieletheman00

Multicellular

Mavor wrote:The Anti Claus suddenly had an idea for a bold new venture
That would make Santa choke on his very own dentures.

What if when Santa went to load his sleigh on Christmas night.
And the warehouse was empty. Oh what a delight.

With an unsettling cackle that would make a banshee cringe.
He set about working on this plan from the lunatic fringe.

Genetic manipulation was used to create narwhal soldiers to swim under the ice.
He armed them with heat rays, so those in the way would pay a high price.

The Knarlyahls swam under the arctic ice cap to the designated spot.
And began an ice tunnel to the toy warehouse hoping not to be caught.

Meanwhile the Anti Claus had had just about enough of the Jinn
And decided that the end of his partnership with Santa should begin.

The undercover elf had been taken out by that dreaded wyvern
But Santa hadn't counted on another spy posing as an intern.

Instructed to find the computer used by the Jinn, who was so care free.
The spy uploaded images from the Anti Claus' special USB.

All that is left is for Santa to be told in an anonymous note .
And the Jinn would be explaining, while the Anti Claus took time to gloat.

While this may not end Santa and the Jinn dubious venture to any extant
I will plant a seed to their cominng season of discontent.

Cool, i did also the Christian Dragon in case one of the two guys while protecting died http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-gtm00%7C501019423406%3Asast-501054663498%3Apg-40

GOOD MAC!

Olá a todos! Eu sou GabrieleTheMan!
Garfielf

Multicellular

Santa's army went flying out every which way,
But they're only still babies, let's grow them TODAY!
A path is now carved in the center, straight through,
Of Santa Claus' army by young Demanu.
"Let's get them," he caws in a harsh voice so hoarse
That it made Starcutter grow unnamed hatchlings by force.
Then unexpectly out of the ice cold and blue
Flew one brand new fighter, the great Deltitnu,
"We'll take back the Pole and strike fear in the hearts
Of those who won't listen to Elettronic Arts."
Krammekat

Microbe

Garfielf wrote:
"Let's get them," he caws in a harsh voice so hoarse
That it made Starcutter grow unnamed hatchlings by force."

I lold too hard

Redman9994

Multicellular

A young elf kid set down a crafted replica of a snow igloo on a desk in front of his other peers. He patiently awaited their response of approvals.

"This looks like garbage," One of the peers said.
"Yeah, you can see the pipe cleaners sticking out of it!" Another one joined.

The owner's face quickly turned soured. He fought back the immediate tears. It was his creation and pride, how could they think so badly of it? Sure the igloo was rough around the edges but it stood firmly.

"But, why?" The owner asked, "I spent all night working on it!"

"Hey Simon, you were supposed to bring in a snow igloo, not a snow junk pile."

"It is an igloo!" Simon defended.

"We let you build it while we did all the planning," the other elf kid said, "Now we're gonna fail the project because of you. You can't be trusted to do anything right."

Simon began to cry. He took back his igloo since they refused it. These were his friends, and they should be supporting him.

"We don't need you in the group anymore." The elf kid grabbed a pencil and crossed out the name 'SIMON SWEETWORTH'

The colonel focused back on the battlefield before him. The fight against the Anti-Claus faction meandered. Not bad, but not good. Both sides held a determined front, and were equal in class. This war required some serious out-of-the-box thinking to win. Sweetworth needed to use full effort to give Santa Claus and the north pole a chance to succeed.

Sweetworth remembered that faithful day in elf school. He chose not to believe, but deep down, he knew that he failed the project, he failed his classmates, and he failed himself. He questioned his ability to accomplish great things. How could he achieve anything big if he could not build a realistic snow igloo?

This war devastated the north pole already, and unless something else, Sweetworth must see to the defense. He ordered the perimeter of the north to be covered with boiling eggnog, but the Anti-Claus dispatched that measure with ease. Sweetworth was not defeated yet, and he had a lot of tricks up his sleeve.

"Those spies are too good at what they do," the colonel told his subordinate, "If they keep up, the Anti-Claus won't need to fire many shots."

"What do you suggest we do, colonel?" The lower-rank asked Sweetworth.

"Those spies have to be relaying the information between them and the south pole using some server in the middle. We must find the location of the server and destroy it."

"How should we do that?"

"We'll track the digital paths of the spies to wherever they go. Once we find the server location, we'll send the Fruitcake Bomba as a package and blow it up!"

"Good plan, colonel," the elf said, "But surely you know that no one eats fruitcake?"

"Yes, but remember, this is the Anti-Claus. His minions will gladly enjoy some delicious fruitcake."

"Ah, indeed."

"Console!" Sweetworth called to the computer elf.

"Yes colonel!" The elf stood by.

"Can you locate the server?"

"Not exactly. The location is encrypted. But I can use the individual AC elves and triangulate a general spot where the server might be."

"Get to it!" Sweetworth ordered.

After many hours of typing and tracking. The computer elf found something promising.

"Colonel, I got a location. I'm 99.9 percent sure that's where the server is."

"Lemme see." The colonel took a look at the computer monitor, eyeing the name of the address and location.

"Wow, I knew the Anti-Claus was trashy, but jeez. THAT'S pathetic. Good, now send the address to the mail and delivery department for a Fruitcake Bomba order."

Meanwhile at the Anti-Claus spy server location

"Hey Frank, this package just arrived here." An Anti-Claus elf walked in the server room.

"What's in it?" Frank asked.

"Dunno, doesn't say who it's from either." The elf ripped opened the brightly colored packaging, revealing a fruitcake.

Both AC elves' eyes lit up in excitement.

"Ah sweet! Fruitcake!"

"That's awesome! Let's have some!" Frank suggested.

Each elf snapped a chunk off the fruitcake. They brought the pieces to their mouths and took a huge bite, savoring the moment.

The Fruitcake Bomba exploded and bombed the entire building. The fruity goodness launched everywhere, painting the place with the red and green colors of Santa Claus. Sweetworth had succeeded.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/03/2017 09:56:20

tonysaur

MouthBreather

I'd like to get on with making stuff for this, yet I am just a little confused right as to what is active and uncountered, and what isn't. Can anyone help?

Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

To the best I can determine here are the current attacks that have not been countered

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/03/2017 19:01:02

tonysaur

MouthBreather

Thanks for clearing that up. That tells me I have room for one active creation.

It all started when the worker elves in the warehouse started to complain about it being hot. Then one of them fell through a hole that was forming in the ice. Cries of fear rang out a the horned heads of the vicious mutants broke the surface, flame-throwers ready.

It just so happened to be passing through on his way to the main workshop to make another check on the progress of his project, when he heard the screams. Hurrying over, he frowned at the mutant soldiers, then with a grunt raised his hand. Pointing his forefinger up, a sparking icicle formed, which he flung at the hole. The mutant whales ducked as the missile disappeared into the water with a hiss.

"You missed!" squealed one of them scornfully. The Jinn simply smiled as the soldiers' laughs were soon replaced by screams. Scores of icefish had risen out of the depths, and were now dragging the mutant soldiers down and ripping them up. Soon, nothing was left except some floating bits of blubber.

"Now, back to business," said the Jinn, leaving the workers to clean up the mess.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/03/2017 20:59:15

ChocIce75

MouthBreather

tonysaur wrote:Thanks for clearing that up. That tells me I have room for one active creation.

It all started when the worker elves in the warehouse started to complain about it being hot. Then one of them fell through a hole that was forming in the ice. Cries of fear rang out a the horned heads of the vicious mutants broke the surface, flame-throwers ready.

It just so happened to be passing through on his way to the main workshop to make another check on the progress of his project, when he heard the screams. Hurrying over, he frowned at the mutant soldiers, then with a grunt raised his hand. Pointing his forefinger up, a sparking icicle formed, which he flung at the hole. The mutant whales ducked as the missile disappeared into the water with a hiss.

"You missed!" squealed one of them scornfully. The Jinn simply smiled as the soldiers' laughs were soon replaced by screams. Scores of icefish had risen out of the depths, and were now dragging the mutant soldiers down and ripping them up. Soon, nothing was left except some floating bits of blubber.

"Now, back to business," said the Jinn, leaving the workers to clean up the mess.

(Wait, what's this attacking? Is it attacking the AC or Santa?

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
Redman9994

Multicellular

@ChocIce75 It's countering the burners.

Rovam

Microbe

The vast elf army that gtm00 had created wanted the Anti Claus dead
But the Anti Claus knew that they were not really evil, just badly mislead.

Still when they approached his compound bearing nothing but malice.
He really had no choice but to be very callous.

He let out a small sigh as his hand pulled on a lever.
And the gates opened to release the most vicious snowman ever.

The monstrosity hit the terrified elves, like a blast from a wizard.
It just seemed to swallow them up like a Nor'eastern blizzard.

After the battle, the Snowman reported on his victory
By vomiting up their skulls as proof of his atrocity.

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: