The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

TSB's Flagship Contest II 2018 - Results announced  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Gonzalo218

Microbe

Sorry, forgot to upload the base for the Guardian
here it is: The ANV-1 Conqueror
Changes: Engines, rear beams, front railguns, paint (obviously), accent lightings
[/url]
[/url]
sorry the image isnt clicky

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
MobsterMania

Spacefaring Sporeling

Wasting his life. Youth is sure wasted on the young.

Azlla wrote:So I have a bit of a problem. Ever since that update last spring I've be unable to login in game. Since I got Spore way back in 2008 on CD, I can't update it in any easy way. Origin was supposed to connect my game to my account so I could download it, but it didn't. Even if I contact EA support to fix it (which I do not want to deal with) my internet is currently way too slow to re-download the whole game.

Long story short, I can still make stuff, but I am unable to upload it to the Sporepedia.

If anybody has advice on this, it would be appreciated.

What's wrong with EA support? I have had nothing but positive experiences from their Live Chat.
Also, is it so slow you have to wait more than 2 days to download the game?
[WWW]
DarkLove979

Civilized Sporeon

i love you mob
ChocIce75

MouthBreather

Has my ship been put in the sporecast? It's the final version.

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
TheShipBuilder

MouthBreather

Various Space ports and Shipyards throughout the Galaxy, Serving as Shipmaster and Imperial Prince

Righto Lads and Ladies, now that the Holidays are over, will get my attention back on this! Reminder! You have 10 days to finish any entries! Stay tuned, will get to work after work tonight, and Grrrr winter!

True Art is in the Words and how they are Perceived.
-Lord Admiral Sorrow
Oya, Vod!

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/TheShipBuilder
[WWW]
TheShipBuilder

MouthBreather

Various Space ports and Shipyards throughout the Galaxy, Serving as Shipmaster and Imperial Prince

Righto, Sporecast and Entries threads I THINK are up to date. Please let me know if I missed you. Azlla, I had to redownload something like 150k creations last reinstall.... Not sure if you have the option of starting it and letting it run or not. Not sure what else you could do unless you know someone who would let you borrow a more stable interwebs for a bit or someone who has the downloaded files. Sorry

-Lord Admiral Sorrow
Oya, Vod!

[WWW]
VanillaCold57

Microbe

(removed by VanillaCold)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/03/2018 10:35:30

A limit of 255 characters applies here. I better make use of them!
ChocIce75

MouthBreather

You put an outdated version of the DORIN-12 (which needs tagging) in the sporecast, and not the latest version (which has a tag).
Please fix this.

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
TheShipBuilder

MouthBreather

ChocIce75 wrote:You put an outdated version of the DORIN-12 (which needs tagging) in the sporecast, and not the latest version (which has a tag).
Please fix this.

Ok, I think that's the right one. Downside to making several changes to an entry is it can become difficult to figure out which one is which but I think we got it figured out now.

-Lord Admiral Sorrow
Oya, Vod!

[WWW]
Eliphion

Microbe

I don't remember how to post the extended descriptions so I'll post them here.

For my Flagship entry Errant Kestrel:

When the Qith Empire learned their neighbor Talonia was producing a Gunraptor class flagship, they sent their spies to intervene. The spies got as close as they could to the Talonian orbital ring fortress, then lurked and listened. Their spying proved fruitful, for they discovered the nearly-finished starship, called the Errant Kestrel, would be loaded with bombs, torpedoes, missiles, and other ammunition on 11/12/46. It would be the perfect time to strike: the exposed armaments would be an easy target. They would surely destroy the unfinished ship, and perhaps even cripple the ring fortress itself. The spies raced back home with this news.

With two months to prepare, the Qith recalled their elite Bloodrazor flotilla. Plans were made, simulations were run, and maneuvers were practiced. When Dec 11 dawned, the fleet jumped to Talonia.

Unlike the Qith, the Talonian date format is MM/DD/YY instead of DD/MM/YY. This meant the Errant Kestrel had been supplied a month before, on Nov 12.

And by coincidence, on Dec 11, it was actually launching.

In a ceremony.

With the ring fortress on honor alert.

And the entire Talonian fleet present to witness.

The Errant Kestrel had just cleared all its moorings when the Qith flotilla popped in front of it, blocking it from its path through the corridor of Talonian capital ships that had been serving as an honor guard. This meant it really only had one thing to do: open fire. This also meant the Bloodrazors were literally sitting between two walls of warships.

The crossfire of firepower was very bright and very brief, and was considered the most glorious launching ceremony in Talonian history. The only blemish on the event was that afterwards the Kestrel had to return to the dock to reload, having already spent all its armaments.
Eliphion

Microbe

Description for my second entry:

FLAGSHIP BARBARIA LUNA was dreamed up by the Dumazi Fighting Club as a desperate attempt to save the reputation of their species. Throughout the galaxy, "Dumazi" had become synonymous with "stupid." "What are you, some kind of Dumazi?" was a harsh insult on many worlds. So the planetary military leaders decided to do something about it.

FLAGSHIP BARBARIA LUNA was going to be designed by the Dumazi Fighting Club, but they quickly realized they had absolutely no idea how to do this. Fortunately for them, a representative from the neighboring Klevva Consortium offered their help. They quickly agreed on a deal when the Dumazi demanded to provide all the resources and to do all the work as long as the Klevva told them how to do it.

FLAGSHIP BARBARIA LUNA was going to be beyond cutting edge tech. The Dumazi demanded metaphasic shielding (still under experimentation), subquantum power extrapolation (still theoretical, but one of the Dumazi had heard of it once), and paracartoonish inertial ignorators (something they totally made up on the spot). The Klevva promised a masterpiece, and sent more and more starship experts to oversee the production.

FLAGSHIP BARBARIA LUNA was to be crewed by the best of the best. In the later stage of production, the Dumazi realized they had no idea how to crew such an advanced starship. They were very relieved when the Klevva offered to crew it for them. So when launch day came, every Dumazi in every mine, mill, and factory cheered.

Yes, FLAGSHIP BARBARIA LUNA OF THE KLEVVA CONSORTIUM was launched! A vessel made famous by single-handedly subduing the Dumazi workforce (for their own good). A vessel renowned for being one of the most advanced in the galaxy. A vessel respected for having the best crew of the age. And, unfortunately, a vessel mocked for breaking down often, because its builders were a bunch of Dumazi.
VanillaCold57

Microbe

So...
Who won?

A limit of 255 characters applies here. I better make use of them!
Azlla

Multicellular

MobsterMania wrote:
Azlla wrote:Stuff I said.

What's wrong with EA support? I have had nothing but positive experiences from their Live Chat.
Also, is it so slow you have to wait more than 2 days to download the game?

My internet at home is literally so garbage that I wouldn't try live chat, and base spore alone would take the better half of a week to download. I just got back to university, but now I have to do classwork. I may try to resolve it tonight.
TheShipBuilder

MouthBreather

Contest ends Friday! Sorry, I meant to be much more attentive this week but work started off on a crazy note this week. If you would still like to join, you have until Friday to do so!

-Lord Admiral Sorrow
Oya, Vod!

[WWW]
RG4327

Microbe

I almost forgot the contest would end on the 12th January...
Here is my entry: the Kuberha http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501055997598

I'm a complete fool when it comes to posting pictures etc, so you'll just have to look at it ingame.

Here's the story behind it:

The Brutalis Major, a so-called bunkership, was once the pride of a warrior nation. It was equipped with the latest weapons and tech.
Most impressive of all where its magna cannons, capable of shooting objects faster than light through magnetism.
It's nigh impenetrable armor and powerful weaponry make the Brutalis Major a formidable warship.

It was thought to be unbeatable, that nothing could ever happen to it.
One would think it's impossible to steal such a ship.

The Carparei, a free thinking race of pirates, actually managed to do just that.
They knew that a ship this large would need maintenance from time to time.
Those warriors only know one thing, how to wage war. They leave the maintenance to independent shipyards and only a few warriors would remain aboard while the others would spend their time gambling and doing "other things". Thus leaving the ship a lot less protected.
By cleverly posing as a maintenance crew at such an independent shipyard, the Carparian pirates swiftly killed the remaining crew. The ship was gone before the warriors even knew what happened.

The Carparei renamed the vessel after their God of Freedom, Kuberha.
While the Carparian pirates are no engineers, they managed to keep the vessel in an agreeable state. It is still a mighty ship, ready to instill fear into traders and royalty alike. For the Carparei believe that nobody owns anything.
When you can take something, you either take it or you don't. It is a free market for anyone and no-one is entitled to anything by right. Anything but freedom.

"You are only rich when you are free" -Captain Antholeos of the Carparei

-RG-

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: