The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

The ultimate graphics fix topic! Oooooh, shiiinyyyy!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

SissyGamer wrote:this works well

installed it a few months ago and i noticed a difference with shiny water, not pixelated shadows, and a lot more

thank you

If you want to go a step further, try the 4096x procedural texture res tweak. I'll see if I can dig it up and post it here...

EDIT:
Add this to Properties.txt:

and add this to ConfigManager.txt:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/18/2015 20:14:05

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

Ooh, that multiplies the resolution of creature skin textures? If so I'll be trying that out right away, higher resolutions would look fantastic.

Is there something similar for the other assets? Low-res textures are literally the only thing graphics-wise that need improvement, bumping up the resolution would certainly greatly improve the look of the game.

Kyle N // SporeMaster DOGC_Kyle
Volunteer Moderator // Not an EA/Maxis Employee

Forum Guidelines // Master Help Directory (Spore Tech Help) // Spore Registration FAQ // Game Update FAQ

I can be contacted by email at: KyleN @live .ca or on Discord

Also find me on places listed here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/87506.page
[WWW]
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:Ooh, that multiplies the resolution of creature skin textures? If so I'll be trying that out right away, higher resolutions would look fantastic.

Is there something similar for the other assets? Low-res textures are literally the only thing graphics-wise that need improvement, bumping up the resolution would certainly greatly improve the look of the game.

It works on Cells and plants, too. Vehicles, buildings, and ingame textures will need to be done separately. Looking into that ATM.

(Also what you see above was discovered by Clicker95, not me. Forgot to say that >.< )

...did you intend to post that via your SporeMaster account? .-.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/19/2015 20:24:55

Galactus_Pie

Spacefaring Sporeling

Bump for new users.

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Galactus_Pie wrote:Bump for new users.

But...it's a sticky... .-.

Galactus_Pie

Spacefaring Sporeling

Rob55Rod wrote:

Some people may never look in the subforum from which it was posted, or they may have just over looked it.

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Galactus_Pie wrote:
Rob55Rod wrote:

Some people may never look in the subforum from which it was posted, or they may have just over looked it.

...oh.

THIS IS WHY DAVO WAS RIGHT TO OPPOSE THE IDEA OF MOVING MODDING-RELATED STUFF OUT OF THE "GENERAL DISCUSSION" SUBFORUM D:

(Why do I know about that?)

Eruannion

Microbe

First of, thank you very much for this. I am still experiencing some problems though. I moved the files to the correct folders and now shaders work again on medium graphics, but if I set my graphics settings to high my screen goes black. I realise this may be a problem with my computer not being powerful enough, but I can't see how. I remember my 6 year old Macbook running this game on high, but now my new Macbook Pro can't. For the record, I have Intel Iris 6100 integrated graphics.
BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

Eruannion wrote:First of, thank you very much for this. I am still experiencing some problems though. I moved the files to the correct folders and now shaders work again on medium graphics, but if I set my graphics settings to high my screen goes black. I realise this may be a problem with my computer not being powerful enough, but I can't see how. I remember my 6 year old Macbook running this game on high, but now my new Macbook Pro can't. For the record, I have Intel Iris 6100 integrated graphics.

Spore hasn't had a driver patch in like a billion years, so it sometimes can have trouble working with newer graphics cards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/11/2015 18:56:34

BrokenEye Media: Building a better future, one raygun at a time
[WWW]
xSilvWolf

MouthBreather

Did this on my Macbook a while back. Yeah, all it did was screw up my game further. (The screen went black. Couldn't see anything but black.)

Did it on Yosemite, sooo

ChuckTheProphet

Microbe

Thank Spode I found this! Maybe now I won't have to leave whether or not my paint jobs look good up to luck anymore. Trying this out as soon as I get home tomorrow!

[/memorable quote]
uglydollfan

Civilized Sporeon

EDIT: No, nevermind...
It's just my mod that hid the text...

Please ignore this post!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/08/2016 04:45:19

I'm off to better and happier things, you'll never find me!
DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

uglydollfan wrote:EDIT: No, nevermind...
It's just my mod that hid the text...

Please ignore this post!

Too late.

fungus3

Civilized Sporeon

inb4lock

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

This needs to stay unlocked, so people can ask for help installing it if they need it, or...you know...other such questions.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: