The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
MOD to rotate base building/roof parts ** VERSION 2  XML
Forum Index » Creator Corner
Author Message
Digi-P


Multicellular

Joined: 10/05/2008 16:04:03
Messages: 333
Offline

DVDMaster wrote:
banzaibill96 wrote:
Can you make it so that, in the spaceship editor, you can move the "base" pieces? You know, the pieces in the first tab on the left?

That is the first thing I tried. It doesn't work (yet). GA crashes as soon as you drag a "base" piece off the palette. I'm not sure if you have to do something to turn on symmetry for the base parts. It is kind of like trying to create a creature with two spines.



I finally decided to create a video on how to move body part far from the center in vehicle editor. It's a glitch but it's a prove that it's possible. (My Archon wing use this glitch to create wing generator.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buqs3dmTtXs



DVDMaster


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/12/2009 22:00:32
Messages: 2139
Offline

Great Video, thanks.

I've posed a copy in Rebecca's Creator Tutorial Video's thread:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/57238.page

[WWW]
MobsterMania


Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 03/07/2010 03:04:35
Messages: 6217
Location:
Wasting his life. Youth is sure wasted on the young.

Offline

nvm

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/18/2010 17:33:57


[WWW]
DVDMaster


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/12/2009 22:00:32
Messages: 2139
Offline

I'm sorry it isn't working for you. It was developed on a PC that has GA, so it it may only work on a PC that has GA.
Since core spore does not run on any of my machines, I can't test it.

[WWW]
MobsterMania


Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 03/07/2010 03:04:35
Messages: 6217
Location:
Wasting his life. Youth is sure wasted on the young.

Offline

DVDMaster wrote:I'm sorry it isn't working for you. It was developed on a PC that has GA, so it it may only work on a PC that has GA.
Since core spore does not run on any of my machines, I can't test it.


So it's a GA mod then?
Interesting...if only the GA disk would function like the Spore disk (it doesn't need the disk to play.)

[WWW]
DVDMaster


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/12/2009 22:00:32
Messages: 2139
Offline

Version 3 ready for beta testing.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzmyjd22yvt/dvd_BuildingRotation_v3.package

This version has the same rotation effects as version 2 (base and roofs), but also increases the number of snap points on most parts. So instead of part just snapping to the center of the faces on cube parts, parts also snap into location on the corners. I've doubled the number of snap axes on parts with 4 or 6 snap axes.

Please let me know if this works and I'll update the OP.

This was developed for windows PC running GA. It may not run on Mac. It may not run on core spore (without GA).

[WWW]
pelicanthor


Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 10/14/2009 21:54:04
Messages: 5450
Location:
LoCaTiOn!

Offline

DVDMaster wrote:Version 3 ready for beta testing.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzmyjd22yvt/dvd_BuildingRotation_v3.package

This version has the same rotation effects as version 2 (base and roofs), but also increases the number of snap points on most parts. So instead of part just snapping to the center of the faces on cube parts, parts also snap into location on the corners. I've doubled the number of snap axes on parts with 4 or 6 snap axes.

Please let me know if this works and I'll update the OP.

This was developed for windows PC running GA. It may not run on Mac. It may not run on core spore (without GA).


So now we can snap it to face the PNG? And does it snap in all spin axis?

[WWW]
DVDMaster


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/12/2009 22:00:32
Messages: 2139
Offline

pelicanthor wrote:
So now we can snap it to face the PNG? And does it snap in all spin axis?


No, this doesn't control the snap points when a base part is rotated.

What V3 does is change how details snap onto the base part.

There is a settings that controls the number of snap axes a part has. The basic block has 4; the hexagonal part has 6. What I did was double those numbers to 8 and 12. This means that when you attach a detail to a base part, it will snap on the center's of each face (old behavior) but also snap onto each corner/edge.

This makes it easier to create:

Notice how the parts are placed on the corners of the building.

[WWW]
pelicanthor


Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 10/14/2009 21:54:04
Messages: 5450
Location:
LoCaTiOn!

Offline

DVDMaster wrote:
pelicanthor wrote:
So now we can snap it to face the PNG? And does it snap in all spin axis?


No, this doesn't control the snap points when a base part is rotated.

What V3 does is change how details snap onto the base part.

There is a settings that controls the number of snap axes a part has. The basic block has 4; the hexagonal part has 6. What I did was double those numbers to 8 and 12. This means that when you attach a detail to a base part, it will snap on the center's of each face (old behavior) but also snap onto each corner/edge.

This makes it easier to create:

Notice how the parts are placed on the corners of the building.


Cool, so can you make the buildings snap to PNG posistion on all axis? It would be a good thing to add.
And do you plan on adding stand-alone parts?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/18/2010 19:00:54


[WWW]
TyrannoFan


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 04/19/2010 18:11:14
Messages: 4259
Offline

Aww! It made my game crash! SPORE! If only it didn't make my game crash... I wanted to use this...

[Email] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
DVDMaster


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/12/2009 22:00:32
Messages: 2139
Offline

TyrannoFan wrote:Aww! It made my game crash! SPORE! If only it didn't make my game crash... I wanted to use this...

Which version of the mod?
What operating system are you running?
What spore/GA programs do you have installed?
Do you have any other mods installed.

What were you doing immediately before the crash.
Thanks for this information. It will help me improve the mod.



[WWW]
TyrannoFan


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 04/19/2010 18:11:14
Messages: 4259
Offline

DVDMaster wrote:
TyrannoFan wrote:Aww! It made my game crash! SPORE! If only it didn't make my game crash... I wanted to use this...

Which version of the mod?
What operating system are you running?
What spore/GA programs do you have installed?
Do you have any other mods installed.

What were you doing immediately before the crash.
Thanks for this information. It will help me improve the mod.




I think it's because I got version 1, I'll try and download version 2.

[Email] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
HabaneroArrow


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 11/05/2009 23:31:39
Messages: 2651
Offline

DVDMaster wrote:Version 3 ready for beta testing.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzmyjd22yvt/dvd_BuildingRotation_v3.package

This version has the same rotation effects as version 2 (base and roofs), but also increases the number of snap points on most parts. So instead of part just snapping to the center of the faces on cube parts, parts also snap into location on the corners. I've doubled the number of snap axes on parts with 4 or 6 snap axes.

Please let me know if this works and I'll update the OP.

This was developed for windows PC running GA. It may not run on Mac. It may not run on core spore (without GA).
I tried Version 3, and it works perfectly.

[WWW]
GammaGames


Multicellular

Joined: 02/10/2010 05:17:01
Messages: 149
Offline

you should make one for core spore, for us without ga. oh yeah, and compatible with V6 please. i want this, but argh argh argh

[Email]
MobsterMania


Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 03/07/2010 03:04:35
Messages: 6217
Location:
Wasting his life. Youth is sure wasted on the young.

Offline

GammaGames wrote:you should make one for core spore, for us without ga. oh yeah, and compatible with V6 please. i want this, but argh argh argh


YES!

[WWW]
 
Forum Index » Creator Corner
Go to:   
 
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2016-08-15 15:16:49 ) JForum Team