The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Galactic Adventures Construction Tips  XML
Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Matzerius

Microbe

Here, a turning Door thing I´ve created. Also for Mazes.

And here, something for Lifts, paths that Move or somethign else. Go ahead and make inhuman experiments with...

Yeah, it´s a vehicle.
Mystfan

Multicellular

Hey, I figured out how to make "advanced" "Doors"

Think that could also help to make more maze like structures
Just look at it in the Editor.

DernGalaxyfist

Civilized Sporeon

This is so stinkin totally awesome!
I congradulate you on the sticky!

[WWW]
ickabob7734

Microbe

The Drinkerson Technologies R&D Department

Could I get some feed back on this here prop I made? Its a portajohn/outhouse. And guess what? It uses only TWO complexity! Could somene please view it in the editor and tell me what I'm doing right/wrong? Thanks, I'd really appreciate it.
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500330372801

Drew333

Multicellular

ickabob7734 wrote:Could I get some feed back on this here prop I made? Its a portajohn/outhouse. And guess what? It uses only TWO complexity! Could somene please view it in the editor and tell me what I'm doing right/wrong? Thanks, I'd really appreciate it.
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500330372801

You may want to hold ctrl and lower the roof so that it merges with the walls. It might look better than way.

Grimbot

Multicellular

I hope the folks going to Maxis Adventure Camp will report back here with some real tips we can use over the course of the next few months! Wish I coulda gone with you!

Andeavor

MouthBreather

Grimbot wrote:I hope the folks going to Maxis Adventure Camp will report back here with some real tips we can use over the course of the next few months! Wish I coulda gone with you!

Same here. Let's just focus on making content so they don't have to.

[MSN]
murrells

Microbe

dude I looked at all of your stuff and....IT WAS ALL AWESOME!!!

Although I didn't have time to comment on all of them...but I will when I do

Bow down to my awesomeness!

or suffer the consequences

Mwah haha ha

if you think Spore could be much better, support the CAMPAIGN TO MAKE SPORE BETTER!
an open compilation of player´s suggestions to make Spore as great as it can be with a Spore SuperPack!
if you think Spore could be much better, support the CAMPAIGN TO MAKE SPORE BETTER!
an open compilation of player´s suggestions to make Spore as great as it can be with a Spore SuperPack!

Talishmar

Microbe

I'm making little casual wooden houses and corridor stuff.
I'll share and make a sporecast when I have enough.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/2009 07:18:10

Tye_fighter1

Microbe

I've made an awesome ship in the building editor using the feature shown in one of the videos when we got a look at a mission called the mothership and that vehicle was a building so i made the ship in building editor and i have to admit it was hard working with out asymmetry or what ever but it worked out nicely. some of you should try this. it may also result in some cool ships you can go into.

[Email]
Puppysworld13

MouthBreather

in front of my computer at leat while i'm writing on the forum

ok i just though off this : all the props will have to be placed on the right spot aswell!!! meaning every building with a roof isn't gona be very usefull as it's gonna be very hard to still place them on the right place (try it take any of the buildings try moving an object (just a cillender for example) and try to get it on the floor ... than try to get it exactly on the floor ..........(will be very hard withouth beeing able to see what you are doing ))

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Puppysworld13

I have no problems if you point out grammer or spelling problem I'm not a native english speaker
Parkaboy

Multicellular

Andeavor wrote:
Grimbot wrote:I hope the folks going to Maxis Adventure Camp will report back here with some real tips we can use over the course of the next few months! Wish I coulda gone with you!

Same here. Let's just focus on making content so they don't have to.

Well hi there! I`m still at the hotel in Emeryville, and I`ll only arrive home tomorrow. I`ll have a lot more tips then, but I`ll give you guys an appetizer.

- Collision detection on buildings is pretty good, but not perfect. If you resize the building to it`s maximum size, a slight clipping may occur (the creatures may enter a couple of feet into the walls). You can use invisible "gate" objects to block the passage of the creatures. I did that with my Bauder Dome so the hero wouldn't fly through what was supposed to be "glass".

- Interiors work very well, but you may want to create big rooms, so the camera doesn`t go too crazy. You may also want to make it modular, since you can use TONS of buildings (you can use up to 5 pages of ten creations of each kind - creatures, buildings, vehicles)

- you can "disguise" gameplay objects such as keys, gates or crates as any creation you want. You don`t have to worry much about the creation size. Let`s say you have the Empire State Building. You can use it as a building, and then resize it from house-size to skyscraper-size, or you can disguise a key as it, and it will range from key-size to, let`s say, a guitar-size. The size range depends on the kind of object.

- There are several cool filters you can use on your adventure, and players will se them with that look. You just have to use the cheat "adventurelook -sepia" (-sepia is just an example, there are many other styles).

- You can create pretty complex stuff with the right combination of goals, the "behaviors" of creations on different acts, gameplay objects, and even the advanced ai control.

- You know how you can make a cool creature in a couple of minutes, but you can also spend a couple of hours making a detailed one? Well, you can make a cool adventure in 2 days, but you`ll need at least a couple of weeks to get a perfect one that fills the complexity meter! That's because you'll want to play with the "effects" to make your adventure look beautiful. There are many lighting effects, spider webs, explosions, and even a waterfall.

Well, that`s it for now. I'm not sure if anyone else posted about the event by now... The Camp was great, and you guys should give the maxoids a break. They're awesome people, and they're really commited to giving the players the best experience possible. And the other campers were also awesome people, it was a privilege to meet them.

I couldn't use the creations other people submitted to me, because some of the stuff was missing from my Sporecast, so I'll apologize in advance. You'll see the adventures we made when the game is released (they're going to upload them then).

Shame we coulnd't stay longer... Isn't there a song that says soething like "I left my heart in San Francisco"? Well, I left mine in the east bay.

Andeavor

MouthBreather

Awesome, so you guys haven't fallen off the edge of the world. I'm looking forward to your complete insight.

And by the way, have I already told you I hate you?

[MSN]
Parkaboy

Multicellular

Andeavor wrote:Awesome, so you guys haven't fallen off the edge of the world. I'm looking forward to your complete insight.

And by the way, have I already told you I hate you?

I would have loved to see you there, Andeavor! Shame you couldn't go.

If it's any consolation, you probably wouldn't be able to finish your adventure on time. Many of us weren't. Knowing your stuff, you'd make a really detailed adventure, full of props and stuff... You'll be able to make one when the game is released, and you'll have as much time as you need, and well be looking forward to that.

Now I have to go get ready to my 20-something-hours travel home...

Grimbot

Multicellular

<---The closest I can get to my jealous face!

Great news on the complexity meter and all that. Too bad I have 75 Dungeon "buildings". Maybe I can pare that down...

Can't wait to hear what other wisdom you guys collected!

Just out of curiosity, can we also have 50 "objects" (keys, doors, crates, etc), or do those count against the category they came from (buildings, ships)?

If you have a teeny-weeny little door (the smallest you can make them), can you enlarge the building so that it looks like the door is more-or-less the size of a middling creature?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/16/2009 17:04:24

Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Go to: