The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Space Barracuda Template Challenge - Winners Announced!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
MaxisCactus

Developer

Winners announced!

1. Space Barracuda By shamar10
2. Starstaidned Space Barracuda By KaluluUchiha
3. Space Barracuda By WforWumbo

Honorable Mention:

1. Space Barracuda By ESquidey
2. Space Barracuda Template By Richardson72
3. Space Barracuda Template By Richardson72

Finalists

Previewing finalists in Darkspore

Our top 6 in Darkspore

MaxisCactus battling finalists with Zrin

These are so cool!!!

I want to stress that this whole thing is WIP (work in progress). We're still working out the kinks with UGC, but we want to try to get your creations in game. The images above depict a level populated with a bunch of Space Barracudas, but that was for judging preview purposes. We can't guarantee that these will be in the final game, but we'll continue to explore this as an option.

Thanks to everyone who contributed in this challenge. I hope to see you guys enter the next one soon!

-MC

Update: We're choosing some of our favorite entries for preview IN DARKSPORE! Check out some of our faves in this Sporecast.

Check back soon for the winner announcement!

Deadline Passed!

Overview: In this fixed morphology challenge it's up to you to modify our template creature to fit the bio provided below. Your entry should be in the form of a creature tagged mcbarracudachallenge based on the template provided. Entries will be judged on creativity, adherence to creature bio, how well they animate.

Space Barracuda
Bio: Once tiny sea creatures, the space barracudas are now larger and via gravitic powers, able to “swim” through the air on land. Dangerous and unpredictable, space barracudas use their gravitic abilities to teleport themselves and their prey. Prospectors and fighters should exercise extreme caution around these bizarre creatures.

Template restrictions: You may not modify (scale, move, remove) the spine or mouth. You may add parts anywhere.

Tag: mcbarracudachallenge

Template:

Color/vibe references:
These images are meant to generally inform the aesthetic direction you take especially when painting your creature. It's not a requirement to match your paint to these colors, but we just want to give you an idea of the vibe we're looking for.

What will the challenge winner(s) get?
A chance to be featured on Spore.com! Maxis will hand pick the winner(s) in this challenge.

Challenge Rules:
• To submit a creature publish and tag it with: mcbarracudachallenge
• You can submit as many entries as you’d like
• All submissions must be in by 11:00am PDT July 13, 2010
• Optional: Post screenshots or YouTube movies of your creation on the forum

Feature Criteria
• Creation must not have any parent authored by a different creator (other than MaxisCactus)
• Creation must not have any offensive creation in its lineage (any parent or child creations)
• Creation must not have any links or references to other sites in the submission's tags, name, or description

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at 08/24/2010 19:18:29

[WWW]
Conswella

MouthBreather

I enjoy the lack of limbs, adds a chance for more complexity and creativity. I'll enter soon!

EDIT: I have one entry:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/11/2010 23:19:22

I would love to help you advertise by putting your contest in my sig, I would love to join your protest, but I would much rather everybody see a purple wavy smiley in my signature.

If you quote me for any reason, you shall become a purple wavy smiley (But for your sake stay on topic)

I lied, I want to advertise my stuff.. See my art http://cons14.newgrounds.com/ http://snail-city.deviantart.com/
scott08

Spacefaring Sporeling

oooh new one, i'll probably have something by tomorrow

sig by me
LordofDestiny

Spacefaring Sporeling

Agree with Conswella

LordofDestiny is a HE
greenpetking

Civilized Sporeon

I do agree this is a good template but can we please have a non template challenge too.

96joe123

Civilized Sporeon

Are cheats allowed?

Also, what are these things for?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/29/2010 17:10:13

alpacaman

Civilized Sporeon

Space Barracudas can swim through air, but Chuck Norris can swim on land.

agentcorrina

Civilized Sporeon

Hee hee hee. Message to those who are waiting for me. Check my Sporum profile.

I may enter, I have not enter one of MC's contests in awhile.

*reserved this space for my entry*

UltimateZob

Civilized Sporeon

Fading, like the memory of how things used to be.

Interesting. A simple template could allow for a lot of variety.

After all this time, nothing's changed. Everyone in this "community" is in it for themselves. Maybe there's some exceptions to that rule. Maybe you're the exception to the rule. But if you're honest with yourself, you'll probably realize that you're not. Those who give comments only give them in hopes of getting those comments returned and becoming famous someday. The haters stay because they aren't willing to let that one time go. Maxis isn't around because they're doing something else, trying to get money on some spore spin-off. There's nothing but filth and despair as far as the eye can see. You call this vortex of greed and anger a community? Ha. That would be funny, if it weren't so sad. So I don't want to be here. There's a saying I'm well aware of around here... "ragequit, return as alt". Honestly, I don't see myself doing that anytime soon either. But if it makes you happy, you can believe that I'm still here. But I won't be. Because I know for a fact that there are better places to be. So toodles. Enjoy your wasteland. I don't like it, it smells too bad for my sensitive nose.

TL; DR: Lol Ragequit.

This ragequit note needs to be longer and contain more caps lock.
[WWW]
Jaconan

Civilized Sporeon

I would post a lolwut pear, but this is a stickied thread, so I dare not
Anyways, template looks interesting, gonna see some cool entries

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
thunderpants

Civilized Sporeon

Over there... No not there, over there on your left... Your other left!

A Dangerous Predator who can float through space and swim between atmospheres. No where is safe from a pack of these fish. They however taste delicious and are hunted with high-tech spears, called Har-Poons. They are then battered and served with fried segments of root vegetables. This dish is favoured on Britainia-7, and is known as "Fish and Chips!"

FIRST ENTRY! WOOT!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/29/2010 17:42:33

I... really... love... ellipsises... they... are... like... awesome... really...(Thanks you to everyone who has made me a Sig! Especially Biosigs!)
TyrannoFan

Civilized Sporeon

Spore: Arkham Creation - Alpha Testing; bug fixing

I'll enter.

Hey MC, can I use invisi-limbs to make it look like it's swimming? The PNG would be broken though.

A lot of my post count is from Melvin. Also I've been banned twice for no reason.
[Email] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
LucarioGuy

MouthBreather

I may be tired of these things, but this template actually has potential in my eyes. I'll edit this post with my entries.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've realized that I'm only good with templates if I'm allowed to actually meddle with them. -_-

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/29/2010 21:33:25

[WWW]
Conswella

MouthBreather

thunderpants wrote:

*Snippers*

FIRST ENTRY! WOOT!

I think we tied for first place

I would love to help you advertise by putting your contest in my sig, I would love to join your protest, but I would much rather everybody see a purple wavy smiley in my signature.

If you quote me for any reason, you shall become a purple wavy smiley (But for your sake stay on topic)

I lied, I want to advertise my stuff.. See my art http://cons14.newgrounds.com/ http://snail-city.deviantart.com/
thunderpants

Civilized Sporeon

Over there... No not there, over there on your left... Your other left!

I did a tag search, and only mine and Catus's came up...

I... really... love... ellipsises... they... are... like... awesome... really...(Thanks you to everyone who has made me a Sig! Especially Biosigs!)

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: