1. Space Barracuda By shamar10
2. Starstaidned Space Barracuda By KaluluUchiha
3. Space Barracuda By WforWumbo
1. Space Barracuda By ESquidey
2. Space Barracuda Template By Richardson72
3. Space Barracuda Template By Richardson72
Previewing finalists in Darkspore
Our top 6 in Darkspore
MaxisCactus battling finalists with Zrin
These are so cool!!!
I want to stress that this whole thing is WIP (work in progress). We're still working out the kinks with UGC, but we want to try to get your creations in game. The images above depict a level populated with a bunch of Space Barracudas, but that was for judging preview purposes. We can't guarantee that these will be in the final game, but we'll continue to explore this as an option.
Thanks to everyone who contributed in this challenge. I hope to see you guys enter the next one soon!
: We're choosing some of our favorite entries for preview IN DARKSPORE! Check out some of our faves in this Sporecast
Check back soon for the winner announcement!
In this fixed morphology challenge it's up to you to modify our template creature to fit the bio provided below. Your entry should be in the form of a creature tagged mcbarracudachallenge
based on the template provided. Entries will be judged on creativity, adherence to creature bio, how well they animate.
Once tiny sea creatures, the space barracudas are now larger and via gravitic powers, able to “swim” through the air on land. Dangerous and unpredictable, space barracudas use their gravitic abilities to teleport themselves and their prey. Prospectors and fighters should exercise extreme caution around these bizarre creatures.
You may not modify (scale, move, remove) the spine or mouth. You may add parts anywhere.
These images are meant to generally inform the aesthetic direction you take especially when painting your creature. It's not a requirement to match your paint to these colors, but we just want to give you an idea of the vibe we're looking for.
What will the challenge winner(s) get?
A chance to be featured on Spore.com! Maxis will hand pick the winner(s) in this challenge.
• To submit a creature publish and tag it with: mcbarracudachallenge
• You can submit as many entries as you’d like
• All submissions must be in by 11:00am PDT July 13, 2010
• Optional: Post screenshots or YouTube movies of your creation on the forum
• Creation must not have any parent authored by a different creator (other than MaxisCactus)
• Creation must not have any offensive creation in its lineage (any parent or child creations)
• Creation must not have any links or references to other sites in the submission's tags, name, or description