The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Laser Tank Template Challenge - Winners Announced!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
pelicanthor

Spacefaring Sporeling

I'm not in the top picks, so now my chances are 0-0

[WWW]
MUDAMUDA

Multicellular

0-silentium-0 wrote:
Fine to find your Top Picks here, but I'm slightly confused now.
First of all, there's at least one creation, which is an edited version of another contestant...
Second, there are versions, which edited the template...
And third... well, I really like everybody's tanks there, especially some of those, that have those turrets built on the top. But wasn't it you, who told us, not to build such tanks anymore?

Please don't make rules, if you don't care for them yourself

1. Links please.
2. I'm sure Maxis will find it out during judging, it's difficult to identifying those while merely checking it out.
3. They didn't say we couldn't add them, they just didn't recommend it. If an entry with a turret on top is the best looking creation, then so be it.

Parkaboy

Multicellular

MUDAMUDA wrote:
0-silentium-0 wrote:
First of all, there's at least one creation, which is an edited version of another contestant...
And third... well, I really like everybody's tanks there, especially some of those, that have those turrets built on the top. But wasn't it you, who told us, not to build such tanks anymore?

1. Links please.
2. I'm sure Maxis will find it out during judging, it's difficult to identifying those while merely checking it out.
3. They didn't say we couldn't add them, they just didn't recommend it. If an entry with a turret on top is the best looking creation, then so be it.

I agree with MUDAMUDA. They probably haven't checked if all the entries were original, or if the creator haven't edited the template, they just chose what looked best and are going to worry about details in the final round of judging. That's probably when they're going to worry about the animation, and if it fits the attack MC showed us. The tanks with turrets probably won't win, but nothing stops them from getting at least a honorable mention, right?

0-silentium-0

Multicellular

Parkaboy wrote:
MUDAMUDA wrote:
0-silentium-0 wrote:

1. Links please.

I agree with MUDAMUDA. They probably haven't checked if all the entries were original, or if the creator haven't edited the template, they just chose what looked best and are going to worry about details in the final round of judging. That's probably when they're going to worry about the animation, and if it fits the attack MC showed us. The tanks with turrets probably won't win, but nothing stops them from getting at least a honorable mention, right?

Okay, okay, I see your points... excuse my rudeness, please. I just felt kidded somehow at the first moment.

Race1

Microbe

Matthew61 wrote:
Race1 wrote:Everyone! Everyone wants to win, I can tell, and the only way for this to be fair is if WE FORGET ABOUT THIS till the search is fixed! Or we all win. I think everyone should win! FOR THE FUN OF IT!

Although I do like your Optimism, what would be the point of playing if everyone would win?
1:We wouldn't need to wait for maxis to fix the engine.
2:So no one goes F***ING insane.
3:I don't really know why...
Matthew61

Microbe

Race1 wrote:
Matthew61 wrote:
Race1 wrote:Everyone! Everyone wants to win, I can tell, and the only way for this to be fair is if WE FORGET ABOUT THIS till the search is fixed! Or we all win. I think everyone should win! FOR THE FUN OF IT!

Although I do like your Optimism, what would be the point of playing if everyone would win?
1:We wouldn't need to wait for maxis to fix the engine.
2:So no one goes F***ING insane.
3:I don't really know why...

Ha ha, I see your point. Those actually aren't bad ones either.

[Yahoo!]
LiquidInk

Microbe

Parkaboy wrote:
LiquidInk wrote:I don't think we're getting enough time to make entries for the contest. I think your contests should have more time before the deadline.

Don't you rather have shorter deadlines and more contests, and therefore extra chances of winning? The point is: they're not going to delay the release of Darkspore just because of these contests. The deadlines will have to be short, as they always are in the real world.

Hmm, I guess you're right.

No, Will. I *am* you father!
miracle-sun

Microbe

LiquidInk wrote:
Parkaboy wrote:
LiquidInk wrote:I don't think we're getting enough time to make entries for the contest. I think your contests should have more time before the deadline.

Don't you rather have shorter deadlines and more contests, and therefore extra chances of winning? The point is: they're not going to delay the release of Darkspore just because of these contests. The deadlines will have to be short, as they always are in the real world.

Yes but i want more time too create something for THE contest, Why THE judging is so slow?
MUDAMUDA

Multicellular

miracle-sun wrote:
LiquidInk wrote:

Yes but i want more time too create something for THE contest, Why THE judging is so slow?

wat
Anyways what does creating something for the contests have to do with judging speed?

SuperCaculo

Microbe

woohoo one of mine made it. hope is a good contender i wasnt around for the other ones. but man i saw some tanks out there that are far better than some of the ones in there. i wonder how they are deciding. Parka wow like 10 of his made it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/16/2010 00:04:10

Unown99

Civilized Sporeon

In my basement planing out an Anime with Marie102798 and Arceusrules

I could easily tell I wasn't gonna win this one. I'm not to good with mech creatures. Congrats to the winners!

Yes, I'm not as active anymore... Don't expect any new creations or post soon. I'm only talking with friends currently. ~Unown99
Facts: I am a Girl and I love dragons! I'm also one of Jehovah's witnesses, that should explain why I'm so nice to everyone.
::My Spore Page:: ::My Dragcave Scroll:: ::My YouTube Page:: :: Spore Subs: 72:: YouTube Subs: 27:: :: Dragons: 196::
(Badge by Arceusrules)
BurningCake

Civilized Sporeon

Parkaboy won and got honorable mention. Typical.

Ghosting...
MUDAMUDA

Multicellular

BurningCake wrote:Parkaboy won and got honorable mention. Typical.

You do realize Parkaboy has only won a grand total of three of these contests right? The likelihood of him winning is surprisingly not that great.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/16/2010 00:54:43

Parkaboy

Multicellular

MUDAMUDA wrote:

You do realize Parkaboy has only won a grand total of three of these contests right? The likelihood of him winning is surprisingly not that great.

Actually, I won two and got second place on another. I really don't get all the ruckus people are making over it.

Edit: Anyway, big thankses to the team for choosing one of my entries!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/16/2010 01:07:35

BurningCake

Civilized Sporeon

Parkaboy wrote:
MUDAMUDA wrote:

Actually, I won two and got second place on another. I really don't get all the ruckus people are making over it.

Edit: Anyway, big thankses to the team for choosing one of my entries!

True true. I just think the same person shouldn't get chosen more than once or twice for these contests.

@Parkaboy: Sorry, not trying to cause a ruckus. Hope I didn't offend you or something.

Ghosting...

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: