The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
"You may have multiple Spore accounts for each installation of the game" - NOT  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
heints

Microbe

maxislucky wrote:We've been listening. Here's a response:

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/2897.page

-MaxisLucky

Ok... I thought this was a repeat of the last response... Sorry. Big EDIT here.

Good job Maxis... Good job.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/18/2008 03:15:44

earthbounder64

Multicellular

Well what they're doing is a good start to fixing this fiasco.

I do hope they will allow us to bring in previously made CC accounts as well as create the new ones.
[Email]
heints

Microbe

I have to say, you Maxis have taken a step in the right direction. You have opened up the opportunity for many families and young peps to enjoy this experience. Thank you. And we all know that your organization is working full force to continue proper customer support. This is a good move, lets see how it works.

And I'm very sorry Will is associated with EA... Sucks.
Yesrah

Multicellular

Thank you Maxislucky. While it's not ideal, it's a BIG step in the right direction. Kepp going this way, and you will make me (and a LOT of other people) very happy.

Again, thank you Maxislucky and everyone at Maxis. I won't be happy with EA for a while though.

Oh, and yes earthbounder64, I too would like to link old accounts made in the CC to my copy of spore.

After an epic uprising:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/103.page

Maxis responds:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/2897.page

But this still has yet to be fixed (also make spore like it was supposed to be!)
Eraser74

Microbe

Great, a good step in the right direction!

Really like Will Wrights games.....but EA still sucks.
theultimateend

Civilized Sporeon

eraser74 wrote:Great, a good step in the right direction!

Really like Will Wrights games.....but EA still sucks.

Yeah other than the money EA is nothing good for Wright. He's way better than them.

I could have done it better with the same funds and manpower. 'It' being the variable in this statement. - Me

"There is one rule for the industrialist and that is: Make the best quality of goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wage possible." - Henry Ford

My website | If I had made Spore!

[Email]
Locals

Microbe

Wow, the resolution to this fiasco has been proposed so quickly. Well done Maxis, well done. You have yet again proven to the general public that you are one of the top developers now a days. Even though the response was rather late, I am quite surprised that it has been released so early. I was about to call EA tomorrow and complain to the manager, but now that this has been resolved, I guess I don't have to. Tomorrow just so happens to be my B-day, and what better way for Maxis, and maybe EA, to thank me with this awesome present.

Thank you guys, you've have made my night an awesome one. I CAN'T WAIT to play spore tomorrow!

- Locals
rozarius

Microbe

I have a unique problem.

I installed SPORE on a portable Hard Drive that i use for my job. I am a technichian at a Mac computer lab. I bought the game to help pass time a t my work9I work evenings---BORING). i love the game. However i was unaware of the limited install feature. Because the computers in the lab go back to a fresh install everytime you restart or shutdown, nothing is saved on the internal harddrive on the MAc. So i've had the ganme since Tuesday, and since then everytime i -play it asks fort a registration number. I<ve entered it twice already and am scared to enter it again for the fact my game might not work again. NOTE: i always enter the same login name because i need only one account.

WILL MY GAME STOP WORKING IF IT KEEPS ASKING ME FOR MY SERIAL EVERYTIME I PLAY? If you can help or advise i will be very greatful. Need to know soon or i won't install it again and never play again and that SUCKS
chamtha

Microbe

I think the install limit is merely installing the program from the physical disc, not entering the registration code.

I would say call EA to check with them, and while you're at it, give them an earful for how they make paying consumers suffer while piracy rages on.
Zamadatix

Microbe

as i understand it

it can only be installed 3 times per disc. the real question is where does spore keep installed information. if your computers at work as mine at school reset you should be ok as long as spore stores it on the disc. if not 2 things you can do, put it on another computer or drive or - the one i would do - copy the data to the work computer format the drive and put it back on the drive. the only problem that could occur now would be if when it checks or a proper activation code and connects to ea the info about the drive is sent to the server which is very unlikely
hshawnnette

Microbe

What are they thinking? Windows XP and Vista both offer multiple user log ins so why can't EA set up Spore to do the same? It doesn't make sence to try and buy two copies of Spore and put both of them on ONE computer. I can no longer use the creature creator I downloaded since my husband installed Spore. This whole thing is a rip off and I will tell anyone that asks not to waste their money!
Jirnsum

Microbe

hshawnnette, it has been promised that this will be fixed in a patch
Karavanth

Microbe

It sounds like some hard work is going into some tough issues, and I want to make it clear that this post is intended just to inform me, not to flame or be angry or something.

My husband and I each have our own laptops. I do understand that we can install the game on both machines. What I'm curious about is if we could both play the game at the same time on two different accounts after the install from the one disc. I'm used to this answer being "no" from other games, I'm not hunting for something to be -angry- about. On the contrary, if we can't do this we go back to life as usual, and if we can we'll be really excited!
themonkey333

Microbe

i have a similar problem.i was playing on the trial for a long time and was uploading videos to youtube with all the best creatures i made,i couldn't wait to get the full Spore game.well,my friend got the game a few weeks ago and installed it on his desktop computer and laptop,and since i've done a lot for him he promised that he would let me install it since i had been so eager for the game.well,i started the game,skipped the registration to login (because i thought the account i used for the trial would work) and it started to login,came up with a message saying it would upgrade my account info and say that it would say i have the full game...then it said Login Failed!..........W-T-F.wtf wtf wtf.now i can't register a new account or get online.Can EA or Maxis PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE fix this??it should be available via EA Download Manager.
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Due to the response from Maxis this thread has been locked. Please contribute any further ideas or opinions regarding the proposed changes under the parent thread:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/90/2897.page
Thank you.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: