The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Quadrakiller Template Challenge - Winners announced!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

Congratulations to the winners, your creations will be featured on Spore.com soon!

Winners:
1. Ballistic Quadrakiller By ElFiaxo
2. Blooming Quadrakiller By Twistedwolf
3. Ballistic Quadrakiller By HabaneroArrow

All Finalists:
1. Ballistic Quadrakiller By ElFiaxo
2. Blooming Quadrakiller By Twistedwolf
3. Ballistic Quadrakiller By HabaneroArrow
4. Ballistic Quadrakiller By Wildpath
5. Ballistic Quadrakiller By joshuadorrington
6. Sporlien Ballistic Quadrakiller By jerry77

Overview: In this fixed morphology challenge it's up to you to modify our template creature to fit the bio provided below. Your entry should be in the form of a creature tagged mcquadrakillerchallenge based on the template provided. Entries will be judged on creativity, adherence to creature bio, how well they animate.

Ballistic Quadrakiller
Bio: When the factories fell silent after centuries of poisoning the planet, only a few things were left moving on the deathfields of the planet Ballistic quadrakillers were among them. Possessing four arms, each capable of unleashing terrifying volleys of lightning projectiles, the quadrakillers were the product of two centuries of fighting over the last natural resources to maintain life. Devastating in combat, quadrakillers possess one flaw their dead makers never got a chance to fix: following attacks, they enter brief rest moves in which they are vulnerable to destruction.

Template restrictions: You may not modify (scale, move, remove) the spine, legs, arms or mouth. You may swap out the weapons at the ends of the arms as desired. You may add parts anywhere.

Tag: mcquadrakillerchallenge

Color/vibe references:
These images are meant to generally inform the aesthetic direction you take especially when painting your creature. It's not a requirement to match your paint to these colors, but we just want to give you an idea of the vibe we're looking for.

What will the challenge winner(s) get?
A chance to be featured on Spore.com! Maxis will hand pick the winner(s) in this challenge. Finalists will be posted before the winning creation(s) are announced.

Challenge Rules:
• To submit a creature, tag it with: mcquadrakillerchallenge
• You can submit as many entries as you’d like
• All submissions must be in by 11:00am PDT May 18, 2010
• Optional: Post screenshots or YouTube movies of your creation on the forum

Feature Criteria
• Creation must not have any parent authored by a different creator (other than MaxisCactus)
• Creation must not have any offensive creation in its lineage (any parent or child creations)
• Creation must not have any links or references to other sites in the submission's tags, name, or description

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at 08/04/2010 23:07:24

[WWW]
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

FAQ:
How Do I use the Template?
1. Right click on the small PNG above and choose Save as.
2. Open your Spore Creature Creator and drag the png into the editor.
3. Add parts and paint to flesh out the character of this creature. All parts including accessory, mech, C&C, and base game parts are allowed. You may not scale, remove or move any parts of the original template, with the exception that the feet may be swapped out for other feet.

Can I use cheats?
Cheats such as AddDNA and Freedom are not allowed. Asymmetry is allowed on the parts you add.

Is outfitting allowed?
Yes.
[WWW]
96joe123

Civilized Sporeon

Template contest #4

I guess I could enter this too....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/2010 16:49:56

zonkal

Civilized Sporeon

Zonky Finks Every1 In The IFMC Is Hawt! :3

I'm sorry, but all these template contests are getting a bit annoying... How about an adventure contest, or something new?

john_p_barrett

Microbe

A vehicle contest would be cool, also why dont you wait for the previous contest to finnish first?

[Email]
Zander6

Civilized Sporeon

As someone pointed out on the last contest, why do they all have "lightning" powers?

Sheeple

Microbe

Zander6 wrote:As someone pointed out on the last contest, why do they all have "lightning" powers?

You're designing the creatures for their next game.
bluesky's

Multicellular

Netherlands. Running away from pedobear O_o

ANOTHER template challenge? Is there a thread where we can submit some ideas for a contest? This is getting a bit annoying.

Dino90210

Multicellular

Can you swap out the feet for different ones?

greenpetking

Civilized Sporeon

bluesky's wrote:ANOTHER template challenge? Is there a thread where we can submit some ideas for a contest? This is getting a bit annoying.

This quote is made up of 99.9% truth and 0.1% words

Goober09

Civilized Sporeon

Two template challenges at once, and the 4th one we've had. What I find strange is that these templates have something to do with each other.

[WWW]
oldmage112

Multicellular

Let me get this right, 2 months without alot of contests, and now a double sporeday after last week?

Weird how EAxis thinks...

Come check us out at Astral Mall where you can get the latest sigs, renders and more!
Zander6

Civilized Sporeon

oldmage112 wrote:Let me get this right, 2 months without alot of contests, and now a double sporeday after last week?

Weird how EAxis thinks...

Maybe some new software?

Of course, it would be either payable DLC or an expansion, patches are pretty low on their list of priorities I'll bet.

Rinela

Multicellular

Dead and not coming back for a long time.

I'll give a try
---------------------------------------
Here's mine (may make more)

The creature's "rib cage" protects the "button" in the middle, which, if hit, will cause damage to the creature
----
And I have a feeling that Maxis is going to make some sort of adventure with these creatures... o_0

---

Yays another one

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 05/06/2010 00:49:29

My Spore Page~Squiby~Dragon Cave~Deviant Art Good bye, sporum. I've got a life to live.
95Corndog

MouthBreather

Not again...
I might as well enter.
Of course, in the next game we'll see:
-Stegavaars
-Those four Necro things
-Scorpoid things
-These!
They're having us make the comes-with-the-game content for Spore 2.

Sig by 0404 - The ZDA Official Thread - My Latest Creations - Read 'em - Now read these - LIKE A BOSS ---------- Favorite mineral: Painite!

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: