The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
"You may have multiple Spore accounts for each installation of the game" - NOT  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
earthbounder64

Multicellular

I'm going to get ready to send a report to the BBB myself over this idiocy.

I got another response to my question from "Samuel S" a "Senior Representative".
They still claim they cannot activate 2 accounts on the same key, even though we had that poster say that's exactly what they got accomplished earlier in this topic.

I'm sick of this stupidity.
No more EA games will be bought by me until they do what is right.
I'd even accept them giving people who bought the Creature Creator 1 extra account key or something at this point.
[Email]
earthbounder64

Multicellular

Any tips on how to create a good report to send to the BBB?
Never had to do that before.
[Email]
jjwalters3

Microbe

earthbounder64 wrote:Any tips on how to create a good report to send to the BBB?
Never had to do that before.

I posted my on the bbb web site, it's pretty limited in space (only 3000 chars or so). I posted my intended full complaint here (easy to find) http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/921.page but had to cut it down.

Basically I am arguing that EA decieved customers and they should update their software or offer refunds.

Yesrah

Multicellular

Sorry earthbounder64, I've never done that myself either. Wouldn't know where to start.

Also, I wouldn't be able settle for just one more account (yet). Either they gave us the same number accounts that were allowed in the CC, or I will continue this thread as long as Spore exists (and I'll never buy anything from them again).

Let's hope they do fix it.

After an epic uprising:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/103.page

Maxis responds:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/2897.page

But this still has yet to be fixed (also make spore like it was supposed to be!)
jjwalters3

Microbe

yesrah wrote:Sorry earthbounder64, I've never done that myself either. Wouldn't know where to start.

Also, I wouldn't be able settle for just one more account (yet). Either they gave us the same number accounts that were allowed in the CC, or I will continue this thread as long as Spore exists (and I'll never buy anything from them again).

Let's hope they do fix it.

One extra account doesn't really solve the problem - the game is about as useful as a baby wipe warmer...
earthbounder64

Multicellular

Well 1 more would solve my problem. heh

But yea. They should at least give us the same number of accounts per game as their silly install limit.
[Email]
heints

Microbe

Where is the recall on this product? Where do I send my copy of Spore to get my money back? Obviously there is a misprint in my manual, and there is misguided information within the game --- (Click to switch user).

This is not a smooth operation EA. Where's the recall???? You are running out of time.
Yesrah

Multicellular

Bump. Fix this problem now EA. I'll never be quiet until it is.

After an epic uprising:

Maxis responds:

But this still has yet to be fixed (also make spore like it was supposed to be!)
Locals

Microbe

Not sure if this has been posted, but it seems EA plans to address the 3 computer install limit in the "near" future with a patch. That's good to know. HOWEVER, they still have the same stance in regards to this 1 person account business.

The news article can be found here:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/09/16/spore-drm-update-ea-loosening-one-restriction/

All in good time people, all in good time...
Lomerell

Multicellular

EA_Violet wrote:
heints wrote:The game manual clearly states that after installation and online registration we are able to have multiple accounts per installation.

However this is not the case, nobody is allowed to have more than one single account per installation.

That section in the manual was a misprint and will be corrected in future printings of the manual. There is one Spore registration/account per game/serial code so you are correct in that you cannot make multiple accounts at this time. I have sent your guys' feedback to the game team though since I can understand the desire to share a game on a system that you entire family uses.

~Violet

I'd like a refund for my misprinted manual as part of my $80 galactic edition. How many other misprints are there?

Lomerell's Landings: The Best Platformers in Spore (Challenge and Sporecast)

The Comedy Collection, finding the FUNNIEST adventures in Spore.

Uhhh OOOOPS: A transporter accident has marooned you upon a hostile world, and the heat is interfering with your signal. Navigate the structural remains of a lost race to reach a point where your ship can rescue you!

(Not recommended for wimps or panzies.)

heints

Microbe

locals wrote:Not sure if this has been posted, but it seems EA plans to address the 3 computer install limit in the "near" future with a patch. That's good to know. HOWEVER, they still have the same stance in regards to this 1 person account business.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/09/16/spore-drm-update-ea-loosening-one-restriction/

**** it's not in good time. Screw this stupid decision by EA. Apparently nobody wants to even play this game anymore - I don't. This is about the entire picture that this corporate slumhole portrays.

Start anew by cleaning portable crappers EA. Screw this, and hell with your crappy product, upon more crappy products.

My daughter loves Sims. She entitled herself to save money and buy Sims Pets for Wii, Sims Castaways for Wii, and My Sims for Wii. They are horrible games! Buzz off EA. You suck.
MadJack

Multicellular

locals wrote:Not sure if this has been posted, but it seems EA plans to address the 3 computer install limit in the "near" future with a patch. That's good to know. HOWEVER, they still have the same stance in regards to this 1 person account business.

Very good article! Again EA beats around the bush and keep quiet at the real issues. So pathetic and so expected.

Chris Hecker and Alex Hutchinson, neither of you have any idea what hardcore gamers want. Certainly not this piece of crap that is Sboring. So, just stfu about Spore being attractive to power/hardcore gamers.
[WWW]
Yesrah

Multicellular

What that article says is that they didn't even respond to the bloggers questions about the single user problem. They didn't even respond. That's wrong EA. If you did it on purpose and you plan on fixing it, SAY SO! If you don't plan on fixing it, SAY SO, so that I can finally rest knowing that my new life's goal is to make sure you will never sell another game again.

By the way, thank you for the link locals.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/17/2008 19:13:23

After an epic uprising:

Maxis responds:

heints

Microbe

And another thing EA. I am a gamer! And you are a crap gaming publisher!

I've been around since the beginning. I kicked my brothers butt in the first Madden, the second Madden, and every other since.

I learned to read playing Enchanted Scepters on the first ever Mac. I went on to play Airborne, Blackjack, and whatever else. I've been playing games longer than your company has been alive. When I was young my dad would have Nibbles contests on Fridays. Do you know that MShell game? Hmmm? I do.

So you have taken simple game programing and turned many a products into ****. We will not stand for this. It's time for you to die, or pay us back. It seems you set the standard for horrible games.

I owned the Atari, Mac, PC, NES, Sega, SNES, Genesis, Playstation, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, 360... I've received or bought hundreds of games. And I'll say EA games have always been the biggest disappointment... Except for NBA Live 97... Madden 04... and the early Maddens were great (really great). Other than that, pretty horrible.

Wherever you seek guidance, it's not a good place to venture anymore. Heints has the answers. And the answer is to release great games that are user friendly for any household to enjoy.

Now it's over EA. There's only one direction to move! And that direction is simple... Help us gamers live our little fantasy worlds without having to spend god **** days on YOUR ******* forum support page. Then we are told ignorant corporate BS, followed by SILENCE.

We are the people who keep you in business. And we can keep you out of business!

Laugh now if you must... Or save this.

EDIT: Did anyone else play Nibbles back in the early 90's? It was the snake game, where you tried to gobble up 1-9 without running into your tail. Anyway, it was good.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/17/2008 20:26:44

Korlath

Multicellular

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.
Your complaint has been assigned case # 57128492.

i've also filed a complaint against EA on the BBB. I suggest others take similar measures and not drop this issue.

When will the corrupted save issue be fixed?

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: