The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
CCT-The Creation Critique Team! <<For those who actully have spore installed.>>  XML
Forum Index » Creator Corner
Poll
Should we use the banner Ghosty made?
Yes. 44% [ 4 ]
Yes, but recolored. 44% [ 4 ]
No. 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
DinoRexCM

Civilized Sporeon

Disclaimer: This thread was NOT created so I could lure in subscribers, nor is it an attempt to rip off jwmd2's JICC. I'm also not trying to get "underrated" creators more "popular" by having them spam thier creations here. PLEASE read the entire OP and understand what I'm trying to create before flaming me.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .>>The CCT<<

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (I hope to get a banner soon enough...)

About the club:

This club wasn't made in an attempt to get the mebers on the MPN by having them all subscribe to each other and ask for comments and rates.

The taboo phrase:
cm's and rates appreciated!

This is something quite different. In this thread, when a member creates a new creation and posts it here, the other members will instead give aspects about the creation they liked and aspects about it that they think could be improved. You can give more than one of each, but the praise and critiques must be balanced out. For example, you could say two things you enjoyed about the creation, but then you would have to suggest two ways it could be better.

Like so:
-The paint was well done! I love the stripes!
-The head was very well made.

-It does look a bit cluttered, so you may want to work on refining your part usage.
-It looks off-balance, so try to improve your spine positioning.

This, however, isn't what I'm getting at:
its okay

it looks pretty stupid

Also, listing your comments isn't necessary, I just think it looks more organized.

IMPORTANT REMINDERS

1. Look, this thread isn't about subs and comments, but if you find some of the other members of this club talented, then go ahead and subscribe to them. It isn't mandatory, but honestly, I'm not stopping you from doing so.

2. I probably sound very uptight with all of this information, but feel free to discuss spore in general if there's nothing to critique! This is a club after all, so we should be able to engage in friendly discussion!

3. Posting screenshots and large .png's is helpful to give the other members a general idea of what your creation looks like, but the only way to critique them justly is by checking them out in the editor. Be sure to post small .png's of your creations so other members can download them into their game!

How to join:

To join, post some of your creations. Include some new ones as well as some you made a few months ago. I want to see signs of improvement, as a desire to build up skills is what's most important in joining this thread. If I see no real difference, or your creations just flat out lack development and effort, then I'll have to turn you down. You can apply again if you begin to show good signs of improvement, and then you can be reconsidered. I won't be too harsh, but critiquing blobs with mouths or what's essentially the same creation over and over again is quite tedious.

If I miss your application (I can't be here 24/7) and never add you to the members list, please PM it to me.

The O-So Important Rules

-No spamming.
-Don't post the same creation more than once.
-Don't ask for comments, rates, and subscriptions.
-Please do not critique creations here if you are not a member.
-Please, please PLEASE get along and provide useful tips to fellow members!
-Destructive criticism is useless, so stick to CONSTRUCTIVE critiques.
-Have fun!
-IMPORTANT: Every time you post a creation to be critiqued, you MUST provide critiques
for at least one other creator. Ths thread isn't about one person.

Members who repeatedly break these rules will be removed from the member list.

Members
( 55 )
Please note that I will not be linking names to spore pages.

Founder, President, Head-honcho, Big Cheese, Da Boss, Emporer, Governator, Spode, Chief, Master Elite, and CEO: DinoRexCM

Vice-president, Second-in-command, and Marshall: Zaragorne
(Zara will be in charge when I'm not around)

-Akleroth
-Aquamarine
-Arcesious
-ArsDraconis
-Bionomicon
-Boo2u
-cheezu3s
-curius
-dinofan09
-DMR1985
-DVDMaster
-Dragospir
-Falras
-Gakk656
-Gwyndoll
-Hav0c54
-kaleb702
-Karr94
-LeopardoDeVinci
-LichenDragon
-Lokaz
-Lunardrake
-Lumavah
-Michael042296
-MisterTurtle
-MobsterMania
-Mortensenii
-NoxiousButterfly
-OneTribe
-Puka1701
-Randomyeto
-SanctusMortem
-SilverScimitar
-ToxicKilla
-Trickatel
-Voter
-Warboss92
-ZealotPassion
-agentcorrina
-agentcorrina
-alpacaman
-coolz8
-curius
-cwarloe
-finnugold
-jbotski
-jellyman12
-jwmd2
-kylelck
-pelicanthor
-rexstella
-sjhorm
-SuperCaculo
-Takua01
-waffleman29

This message was edited 70 times. Last update was at 06/14/2011 00:18:38

Thanks to G3NJI for the awesome sig!- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -OHAIMARK.
[WWW]
DinoRexCM

Civilized Sporeon

- - - - - - {]CONTEST/CHALLENGE SECTION[}

- - - - - - - - - - - - CURRENT CHALLENGE: CCT MASCOT!

Hello sporumers, and welcome to the first official CCT contest! This contest is open to ALL creators and not just members, so there's no need to feel left out. Your challenge: To create the CCT's macsot! After all, every club needs a cute little critter to represent them. Be sure to read this entire post before making your entry!

Suggestions For Entries
-I suggest using some kind of green for the paint of your creature, as I intend for this to be the team's official color.
-You may want to try putting the letters 'CCT' on your entry using horns or knurldowns.
-Use your imagination! Boring, dull designs will not allow you to win in this contest.

The Rules
-Your entry must be a creature.
-All parts (outfitter included) and asymmetry are permitted except for bot parts.
-Do not advertise any entries for the contest on other threads or you will face disqualification.
-Your entry must be tagged with cctmascotcontest to be entered.
-You may submit a limit of up to two entries, although you may replace those entries at any time with another one you feel is better.
-Please post your entries on this thread. This will allow the members to critique it and make me more likely to notice your entry.

The deadline for the contest is June 5, 2010. Any entries created after then will not be entered.

Click on this text to go to the entry sporecast: CCT Contest Entries

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at 05/08/2010 19:37:39

Thanks to G3NJI for the awesome sig!- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -OHAIMARK.
[WWW]
DinoRexCM

Civilized Sporeon

- - - - - - - - - ~Affiliated Groups/Clubs~

The JICC, led by jwmd2 -- A great thread to check out if you do not wish to join a community for help, the JICC has multiple capable creators that can provide in-depth reviews of your creations. They also provide number ratings and specific areas of critiquing, such as creativity and movement.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/2010 20:13:54

[WWW]
Randomyeto

Civilized Sporeon

The "Custom Creations Clan" was made before this, you should change the "Clan" to "Team" or "Squad."

Sigs by Delta317, Thobewill, and MKCStealth
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
DinoRexCM

Civilized Sporeon

Randomyeto wrote:The "Custom Creations Clan" was made before this, you should change the "Clan" to "Team" or "Squad."

Okay, I wouldn't want to get the threads mixed up.

EDIT: Done.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/2010 19:02:16

[WWW]
Randomyeto

Civilized Sporeon

Would you like to become allies with the C3? It would help both you and I get more buisness...

[WWW] [Yahoo!]
sjhorm

Spacefaring Sporeling

n0. The CRU is better...>_>....<_<...

What is Spore

[WWW]
DinoRexCM

Civilized Sporeon

Randomyeto wrote:Would you like to become allies with the C3? It would help both you and I get more buisness...

No alliances for now, I'm gonna wait for some people to join. I don't want to jump into anything when I haven't really taken off yet...

[WWW]
sjhorm

Spacefaring Sporeling

Sign me up for some major joinage.

Here is new-ish.

And here are some older ones.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 03/20/2010 19:11:51

What is Spore

[WWW]
Randomyeto

Civilized Sporeon

The only reason people lak it is because cody did the add.

@Dino I mean to start you off, but I understand.

[WWW] [Yahoo!]
DinoRexCM

Civilized Sporeon

sjhorm wrote:Sign me up for some major joinage.

Did you read the OP?

[WWW]
sjhorm

Spacefaring Sporeling

DinoRexCM wrote:

Did you read the OP?

Now I did.

What is Spore

[WWW]
DinoRexCM

Civilized Sporeon

sjhorm wrote:
DinoRexCM wrote:

Did you read the OP?

Now I did.

Okay. Could you show me some creations you made a few months ago? Remember that I'm looking for a willingness to improve.

Alright sj, I'm assuming you know how this club functions, so welcome to the club! You're member #1.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/2010 19:12:03

[WWW]
sjhorm

Spacefaring Sporeling

DinoRexCM wrote:
sjhorm wrote:
DinoRexCM wrote:

Did you read the OP?

Now I did.

Okay. Could you show me some creations you made a few months ago? Remember that I'm looking for a willingness to improve.

Alright sj, I'm assuming you know how this club functions, so welcome to the club! You're member #1.

Oh yeah. My legacy will live on forever.

What is Spore

[WWW]
DinoRexCM

Civilized Sporeon

Well, hopefully more interested folks will show up soon. The more opinions, the better.

[WWW]

Forum Index » Creator Corner
Go to: