The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
My last post here  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
mysporepage

Microbe

I wrote this email to a Maxis team member after being removed as a SporeMaster from the official site in an email from her today. The emai I got was:

Hi - Your edit to this thread
(http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/3869.page) was false and has
caused a great deal of confusion and some very bad community relations
problems. In no case would a customer's copy of Spore become
unplayable via a ban.

We appreciate your interest in Spore, but at this time we cannot have
you as a Sporemaster - we need people who communicate with a gentler
hand during this period.

We will have to remove your Sporemaster account today as well as you
should not be posting with it. Thanks you for your participation.

E-mail I sent:

I was directed to delete any post pertaining to DRM Serum and other subjects from a team member.

I have been one of the most active SporeMaster on the old forums and was asked by a team member to help choose some of the new SporeMasters because the others were not active LadyM, Hydro etc. I picked most of the current new SporeMasters sporemasterkaliena and SpaceOddity for her excellent work.

I was told to keep this to myself.

I will not be removed for something I was told to do and in my position. You have also deleted my SporeMaster creations, I can't login. My old site MySporePage.com will be back up in a few days after some trouble and I will be making all this public and on many other fansites I frequent.

It's good to know how you get treated for trying to help and following directions from your team at Maxis. I am anti DRM but followed the directions of the team under my moderator position and was told what was stated in the thread in question.

-end-

pcguy89

Multicellular

This is extremely unprofessional behavior and I feel that the decision to revoke your status was not in error.

PunchesDelGado

Multicellular

I notice you didn't say you were directed to claim a forum ban would cause someone to not be able to play the game, which I find interesting considering that's specifically what they stated was the problem in their email.

I hate that kind of kneejerk banstick damage control, and I'm glad to see them taking measures to ensure that's not what is happening here. Thanks for posting and have a nice life.

"Everything you can imagine is real" - Pablo Picasso
AzruPL

Multicellular

Sorry to say this but I totally support pcguy. It doesn't matter if you feel disappointed/betrayed/whatever, revenge through sharing something that should have been kept private is a very immature thing to do. Sporum is not your personal army to turn against Maxis. Again, sorry but that's my opinion.

Glacial Eye
Looking good? RATE IT! (My first !! And a !! Thanks and keep 'em coming. ^^)
My profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/AzruPL

Poast your feedback in the Spore Feedback forums!
thefrostman2

Civilized Sporeon

Thefrostman2 has summoned the lockmobile 15 times....

bump

[WWW]
earthbounder64

Multicellular

Wow.
So you go and make the claim that they will ban people for just talking about the DRM stuff which caused a BIG uproar and more drama than there already was, and you wonder why they revoked your privileges?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
There's enough drama without moderators causing more with unfounded threats like what you did, and this topic is no different.
[Email]
OneBlackbird

Spacefaring Sporeling

punchesdelgado wrote:I notice you didn't say you were directed to claim a forum ban would cause someone to not be able to play the game, which I find interesting considering that's specifically what they stated was the problem in their email.

/agree. It seems that the primary reason your mod privileges were revoked is because you edited another user's post and placed inaccurate/misleading information there.

Didzo wrote:There are few things Blackbird enjoys more than the sweet taste of children's tears. This delicious nectar trickles down through the sphincter he calls a soul, giving a shadow of life to the hollowness within. It is the aroma of the deaths of innocence that keeps him lucid in his fetid void of existence. The soft, mournful cry of children is a lullaby to Blackbird as he drifts off to a dreamless sleep. For Blackbird, he is Worse than Hitler.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Nykara

Multicellular

In my honest opinion anything that is exchanged via emails, or private messages on forums or anything like that is considered to be exactly that. Private.

As others have said I really don't feel that it is 'professional' behavior to be posting private messages on a public forum. That kind of behavior I have actually seen kill smaller close knit online communities in the past.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Nykara <-- check out my profile some time if your bored
The building creator is my favorite.
[MSN]
Nextek

Microbe

this is not professional behavior, if it were my decision i would have also revoked your priviledges.

JPFrostfox

Multicellular

I am sorry that my questions ended up in this unfortunate snarl of events, it's rather disconcerting and I don't derive any pleasure from it, of that I can assure you.

However, the moderating on the forums at that time was pretty much out of any sense of proportion or control.

For example, if I were to lock a thread:

Hi, this thread is being locked because it is already being discussed here [link here].
Thank you, SporeMasterSoandso

Hi, this thread is being locked because it violates the guidelines posted here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/4.page
Thank you, SporeMasterSoandso

You see my point? Instead we were being literally bombarded with locks, anonymous threats and disappearing posts. While you may or may not have been under direction to delete threads (which is something I believe should be avoided except as a last resort when locking is not an option), it's fairly clear that you stepped beyond reasonable means with the threat contained in that thread, and it resulted in the situation we have now.

I don't think they mean it in a personal way, and you should try not to take it as such... though I can understand being resentful.
Orgath11

Microbe

which sporemaster are you? I haven't seen sporemasterrob around recently... Are you sporemasterrob?

TokeyMcBongRip

Multicellular

mysporepage wrote:I wrote this email to a Maxis team member after being removed as a SporeMaster from the official site in an email from her today. The emai I got was:

Hi - Your edit to this thread
(http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/3869.page) was false and has
caused a great deal of confusion and some very bad community relations
problems. In no case would a customer's copy of Spore become
unplayable via a ban.

We appreciate your interest in Spore, but at this time we cannot have
you as a Sporemaster - we need people who communicate with a gentler
hand during this period.

We will have to remove your Sporemaster account today as well as you
should not be posting with it. Thanks you for your participation.

E-mail I sent:

I was directed to delete any post pertaining to DRM Serum and other subjects from a team member.

I have been one of the most active SporeMaster on the old forums and was asked by a team member to help choose some of the new SporeMasters because the others were not active LadyM, Hydro etc. I picked most of the current new SporeMasters sporemasterkaliena and SpaceOddity for her excellent work.

I was told to keep this to myself.

I will not be removed for something I was told to do and in my position. You have also deleted my SporeMaster creations, I can't login. My old site MySporePage.com will be back up in a few days after some trouble and I will be making all this public and on many other fansites I frequent.

It's good to know how you get treated for trying to help and following directions from your team at Maxis. I am anti DRM but followed the directions of the team under my moderator position and was told what was stated in the thread in question.

-end-

just leave with some dignity for SPODE'S sake, first off unless you have proof that they clearly told you to tell us that bans lead to having to buy the game all over again, you should have never stated it in the first place! and to tell us that they were wrong for canning your SPORE for misusing authority as a sporemaster is utterly insane, when you get fired from a real job do you start crying and throw a temper tantrum on your way out or do you quietly collect your things and leave?

"You can't stop the signal Mal. You see everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere"

Mr. Universe-Serenity
Twobit

Multicellular

you lost your support with the comunity when you lied to us.

"Thank you for buying Spore. Have fun beta testing yet another one of our games!" - EA
mysporepage

Microbe

orgath11 wrote:which sporemaster are you? I haven't seen sporemasterrob around recently... Are you sporemasterrob?

Yes that was me. Try to do right by doing only what I was told and get thrown out on your !

I also know some posting will be from EA using normal member names. I will never get the full truth out anyway here so I may as well go.

NASAROG

Multicellular

mysporepage wrote:
orgath11 wrote:which sporemaster are you? I haven't seen sporemasterrob around recently... Are you sporemasterrob?

Yes that was me. Try to do right by doing only what I was told and get thrown out on your !

I also know some posting will be from EA using normal member names. I will never get the full truth out anyway here so I may as well go.

Enough melodrama dude. Post, or don't. Stay or go, but don't feel sorry for yourself. If this is the worst thing you have yet to face in your life, prepare for many shocks in the future. It's just a game.

I've got nothing again... well maybe just this..

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-NASAROG%7C2264797753

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: