The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
My windows 7 and Spore not working properly  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Octopus_Pancake

Microbe

Spore tends to load slower, then slower then slower while running it. Then after awhile it gets to the point it freezes my system and I have to hard reboot. I don't know what to do and Spore ran fine on Windows XP now that I updated to Windows 7 it doesnt work so well. Any suggestions?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/22/2010 18:33:25

Octopus_Pancake

Microbe

bump, need help with this can't fix it.
MinionJoe

Spacefaring Sporeling

If you have a multi-core machine, I'd suggest trying this fix:

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/48286.page

Spore doesn't handle multi-threading very well, and that's really what Windows 7 was set up to do.

This fix will force Spore to run on one core.

Times MinionJoe Has Been Banned: 5 Times MinionJoe's Opinion Has Changed: 0
SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

If the above doesn't help would you mind posting your dxdiag report as of here?
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/22070.page

[Email] [WWW]
Octopus_Pancake

Microbe

Well other than slight loading time problems it doesnt crash anymore after updating my graphics driver, but now I can't install Spore: Galactic Adventures on my PC. It won't even let me install it at all.
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Can you check if the disc is readable in a different computer or drive? Also have you tried to manually run the install program from the drive instead of counting on the autorun?

Octopus_Pancake

Microbe

actually its digital download
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Digital download using EA Download Manager? Download the latest eadm from http://www.spore.com/patch and then make sure you are logged in. If it still isn't showing up check out this thread:
EA Download Manager EADM list is blank
http://help.spore.com/cgi-bin/easpore.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14593

Octopus_Pancake

Microbe

ok for clarification, when I go to my EADM it shows the list of items I have. Spore Galactic Adventure being among them with an install button next to it.

When I click on it, it loads up the setup window, but I can only get to the accept the terms of liscensing agreement. After that it goes to installation complete and says:

Spore Galactic Adventures was not installed successfully. Your system was not modified please try again.
SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

First of all, if you had GA installed at some earlier point try this
Manually Uninstall Galactic Adventures
http://help.spore.com/cgi-bin/easpore.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22476
remove the leftover files.

Also don't just run EAMD, right click it and select run as administrator.

[Email] [WWW]
Octopus_Pancake

Microbe

I was never able to install galactic adventures at all. I just purchased it. I've tried running it from the zip file that was in the cache folder for EADM. I don't quite understand what run as administrator does either.
SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

Run it from the EADM games list. Do try running as administrator, I'm not sure I can explain what exactly it does.

[Email] [WWW]
Octopus_Pancake

Microbe

Well I finally got it installed. After rebooting my machine for some reason I was able to get it installed. Running it is another matter but its installed. Its very sluggish with loading, half the time just not doing anything. I'll try to edit a creature and on save it goes to a black screan and..... nothing. I don't think spore likes windows 7 and I've tried the single CPU option from the guy stated above and it still doesnt want to work correctly. I'm at a loss how to get this working right.
SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

Turn down graphics settings, make sure your card is supported, turn off background applications and firewalls, run in windowed mode.

[Email] [WWW]
misterhaan

MouthBreather

i'm running on windows 7 without any significant problems, on a quad-core not restricting it to just one core. though i noticed this morning that my mouse works much better in linux than in windows (where i've had spore running pretty often lately), so maybe it is causing that problem.

also run as administrator basically means run with full privileges. windows vista and 7 have user account control (uac) which means administrative users run by default with a subset of their privileges to attempt to prevent you from accidentally changing something you didn't mean to, and more importantly to prevent malicious software from doing as much damage. if you need to make some of those restricted changes, you have to do so as administrator. actions like installing software often require full privileges because the program files directory is read-only otherwise.

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: