The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
PrismSpore: enhanced Sporepedia pages for Firefox & Chrome  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Digi-P

Multicellular

Finally, It's time to reveal my secret project.

PrismSpore: A Greasemonkey's script to enhanced Sporepedia page.

Firstly, Special Thanks to Immortius who created SporeScope and misterhaan who created MoreSPORE. You may want to check MoreSpore which enchanted Spore.com Profile pages. Here is the link: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/30164.page

Before we go on, I would like to say about its history.
Everything happen back in January 2010 when I accidentally update my Firefox to 3.5.7 and SporeScope stop working anymore. I try to figure out how to make it run again since I really miss 2 feature which are Rating Display and Character count. I found out that Immortius also created a Greasemonkey's script for SporeScope but it didn't work anymore. However, Greasemonkey's script inspired me to write javascript to create my own plug-in to display those things again. I try to see and understand what Immortius wrote in SporeScope's script but I'm a newbie in javascript and can't understand those complex code at all... I start to lost my hope until I found MoreSPORE. I looking at its script and found out that it's simple and clean, easier to learn and understand than SporeScope (At least, I don't need to start from "Hello World" ) After using most of my available time to learning and implement more and more function with the help from other javascript tutorial site (Esp. w3cschool), Finally, It's here and should be ready to public.

Support Firefox 3.5.7 - 3.6.10 with GreaseMonkey 0.8.20091209.4 and up
*New* Support Google Chrome 7.0.517.44
*New* Support Firefox 4.0 beta 10 with GreaseMonkey 0.9.1

Please Read this before going through the PrismSpore manual: Before we go on, I have some thing to say here since PrismSpore is now supported Google Chrome. PrismSpore will run in one of the two modes depending on a situation.
Those two modes are:
1. Normal Mode:
- In this mode, All features will be available, faster than Full API mode and cost less bandwidth compare to Full API mode. Only available on Firefox.

2. Full API mode:
- In this mode, Most of the features still be available. However, since it needs to load API first, it is a bit slower and cost more bandwidth compare to Normal Mode. Available on Firefox as a backup mode if PrismSpore can't load its necessary data upon its startup, and the only mode for Google Chrome.

If one of these mode is initialize, it will not check and switch to other mode until you refresh the page. (Firefox Only)
You can check which mode you are running by click at rating, if only rating section is updated that means you run in normal mode but if most section is updated then, you are running in Full API Mode.

How to install On Firefox:
I will quote the instruction from MoreSpore thread since it's nearly the same.
misterhaan wrote:how to install
- if you don't already have firefox, get it from http://getfirefox.com/, install it, and run it.
- if you don't already have greasemonkey installed in firefox, install it using firefox from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748 and restart firefox so it can take effect.

- go to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/69569 using firefox with greasemonkey enabled and click the install button, then click the install button on the window that pops up.
- load a sporepedia page and see more info.

How to install On Google Chrome:
I will quote the instruction from MoreSpore thread since it's nearly the same.
misterhaan wrote:how to install
- if you don't already have chrome, get it from http://www.google.com/chrome, install it, and run it.

- go to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/69569 using chrome and click the install button, then click the continue button on the banner at the bottom of the browser window, then the install button on the window that pops up.
- load a sporepedia page and see more info.

Current Feature: There are a lot of things to explain here since it's not simple.
Example picture:
Asset View:

Adventure View:

1. Asset Type display. (Auto) [Available in both mode but some data only available in Normal Mode.]
You can click on it type (Animal, etc.) to refresh most panel (In Full API Mode).

Display the type of Asset. I used the same word as in Sporepedia search option. However, it will not display if its type is Spaceship.
For captain, I used "Normal" if it never played in any adventure and I used "Played" if it played at least one adventure. <-- [Captain data only available on Normal Mode.]

2. Parent Panel section for Asset and Adventure. (Auto) [Available in both mode]
This section is much more powerful than the Lineage section in Sporepedia.
It show the parent data if that creation has parent. You can click on "Parent Information" to refresh the parent panel (In Normal Mode) or refresh most panel (In Full API Mode).

Consist of the following sub section.
- 2.1 Parent Name: The Name of Parent creation.
- 2.2 Parent Analysis Result: An analysis of parent name, description and tags. The possible value are below.
--- 2.2.1 - if creation is original, it will display "None" in Parent Name and "[Original]" in Permission Type.
--- 2.2.2 - if parent is deleted, it will display "Parent Deleted" on both Parent Name and Permission Type.
--- 2.2.3 - if parent also have parent, it will display "[Multi-Parent]" on Permission Type.
--- 2.2.4 - if Prismpore is in doubt that this creation is from In-game auto-upload, it will display "Possibly Auto-Upload" on Parent Name and "First Auto-Upload" Permission Type. *1
--- 2.2.5 - if parent is corrupt, it will display "Bad Parent Asset Data" on both Parent Name and Permission Type. *1

--- 2.2.6 - if parent is from same author, it will display "[Same Author]" on Permission Type.
--- 2.2.7 - if parent have the re-uploaded User Name (Possibly, a present/gift/reward to specific user), it will display "[To User]" on Permission Type.
--- 2.2.8 - if parent have the word "Template", it will display "[Template]" on Permission Type.
--- 2.2.9 - if parent have the word "Contest" or "Challenge", it will display "[Contest/Challenge]" on Permission Type.
--- 2.2.10 -if parent have the word "GAProp", it will display "[GAProp]" on Permission Type.
--- 2.2.11 -if None of the above (From Same Author to GAProp), it will display "[Please Check the Lineage]" on Permission Type.

- 2.3 Parent Picture: The picture of parent creation. *2
- 2.4 Parent Rating: The rating of parent.
- 2.5 Link to Parent: Open a new window and display the parent creation. It's also lead you to that User's Sporepedia as well.

3. Rating Section for Asset and Adventure. (Auto)[Available in both mode]
You can click on "Rating:" to refresh rating section (In Normal Mode) or refresh most panel (In Full API Mode).

- 3.1 Rating: Rating of that asset. You can click on it to refresh it while XML. Nearly the same as SporeScope but it will display a real rating. if Asset is deleted and you refresh its rating, it will say "Asset Deleted".
- 3.2 Voting Weight: A calculation of voting weight in that cycle.
- 3.3 (On Worst) Rate up will change to: Calculate rating decay with one uprate at that cycle and display the "worst case scenario" change in rating face. if one rate up is able to make the rating go up or becomes the same value in worst case scenario, it will display "With +" at the end.

Please remember that rating decay will only hit one time per cycle, during the first rate on that cycle. The next rate in that cycle will not cause any more rating decay and will add "voting weight score" to that creation's rating.

Now, some people may wonder, why I can't give the exact value of rating decay. Say, if someone already rated that creation in that cycle, it should always display "With +" until the next cycle begun. Actually, that is what I really want to implement but I can't find the rating decay's direct data to check it. When I try to use the rating decay calculation, I also can't find one important variable, that is "Last rating updated date". I already ask for this information in Developer Corner but no answer at all. So the best way that I can calculate it is using worst case value, the cycle that rating decay start to hit, cycle 2.

4. Time Panel section for Asset and Adventure. (Auto) [Available in both mode but some data only available in Normal Mode.]
You can click on "Time:" to refresh the time panel (In Normal Mode) or refresh most panel (In Full API Mode).

- 4.1 Uploaded Time: Display timed created much like in SporeScope.
- 4.2 MPN Remaining Time: Calculate and display MPN remaining time on new Asset and Adventure. Only available on the first 25 hours of upload. 24 hours for MPN time slot. Another one hour will display as "In MPN Remove List for" as a slack time for server to remove the asset from MPN List.
- 4.3 Featured on: Display the date that this Asset <is/was/will> shown in feature list. Only available if Asset have a "star" on it. <-- [Feature date data only available on Normal Mode.]

5. Remaining "256" character count on both Asset and Adventure comment box. (Auto) [Available in both mode]
Display 256 remaining character in comment box much like in SporeScope.

6. Comment Count for both Asset and Adventure. (Manual) [Available in both mode]
Count how many comment the specific asset have. You need to click on it to let it count. I set it to manual to reduce XML fetch from server. if Asset is deleted and you click to count, it will say "Asset Deleted".

7. Adventure Win/Losses Number. (Auto) [Only available in Normal Mode]
Display the Win/Losses Number of that Adventure. You can click on it to refresh it.

8. Asset/Adventure Author Info. (Manual) [Available in both mode but some data only available in Normal Mode.]
Display the Asset's author Information Summary. You need to click on <Author Info> to show it. This is the reason why I put up a poll asking about showing subscriber here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/51284.page

- 8.1 A summary of user common data.
***** The following data are limited or not available on Full API Mode.
******* Subscribers Count only limit to 500 due to API limitation.
******* Creations Uploaded only limit to 500 due to API limitation.
******* Last Profile Update is not available. (But you can see it on that person's profile page.)

- 8.2 A link to user's profile.
- 8.3 An analysis of the first 500 creations or as much as the user have if their creations are less than 500.
--- 8.3.1 Showing the number of creations in each categories (Categories consist of Creature, Building, Vehicle, Spaceship and Adventure.) it will only show what user has only. (ie. if user doesn't have building, it will not show

building count.)
--- 8.3.2 Showing the number of creation that not have any parent or aka. Original Creation.
--- 8.3.3 Showing the number of special analysis in name, description and tag for Template, Contest and GAProp.
--- 8.3.4 Showing the Top rated creation in each categories (Only rated), Including Picture, Name, Rating and link. *2
Author Info. Example Picture.

***Improved with New Feature***
9. Stat & Event / Adventure Event. (Manual) [Available in both mode]

An improvement and replacement of old Creature's Stat feature.
Display Creature Statistic Summary if it's creature-based creation. It will only show what creature has only. (ie. if creature doesn't have spit, it will not show spit.)
Display that creation's recent event (Around 3 - 4 months old and available for all type of creation). From the observation, Most MPN creations, Building and Vehicle (not spaceship) will only contain comment event.
You need to click on <Stat & Event> or <Adventure Event> to show it.

- 9.1 Creature Picture *2
- 9.2 Creature Common Stat., Ability Stat., Attack Stat. and Social Stat. Also since XML doesn't include Jump stat. so It will always display "Jump Level: DNA Information Missing"
- 9.3 A possible creature archetype according to this table: http://www.spore.com/comm/tutorials/archetypes Only available if the creature is for creature stage.
- 9.4 Creation's Event.
Stat & Event Example Picture.

***New Feature***
10. Sporecast Rating (Auto) [Only available in Normal Mode]

Display rating of that Sporecast.
Example Picture of Sporecast Rating.

Legend:
*1 - It's from what I saw, I need a real expert to clarify it.
*2 - The picture that display with orange frame can be drag and drop to your desktop or local folder. If you open SPORE in window mode, you can drag and drop this file from your local folder to your in-game local Sporepedia.

Known issue and limitation:
-----Normal Mode (Firefox)
- if the first page is "http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=all". PrismSpore will use its backup mode which is Full API Mode. if this happen, browse to other page and refresh to switch mode back to Normal Mode.
- If you update the Sporecast, Sporecast rating will show as 0. Don't worry, This will not affected its actual rating. Just close the Sporecast Details window and reopen it again. No need to refresh a page.

-----Full API Mode (Firefox's Backup mode & Google Chrome)
- In this mode, PrismSpore will use Asset ID from address bar, so if you click on creation's card too fast (Usually before the Sporepedia page is fully load for the first time.), Address bar will not include Asset ID and PrismSpore will return "<Can't retrieve Asset ID from address bar>". If this happen, just close creation's detail window and click on that creation's card again. No need to refresh a page.
- Since it depends on API load, if something happen along the line and it just struck on updating data too long (Say, XML data lost during transmission.) You may try to manually refresh (reloading the XML) by clicking on some section (See Feature for more detail.) or close creation's detail window and click on that creation's card again or refresh the page.

-----Both Mode
- Rarely, PrismSpore will initialize 2 times. I already fix this bug but because it's rarely happen (not more than 10 times from 100+ test). If it's still happen, just refresh the page.
- Sometime, FixFooter doesn't work. So if there are some overlap in Asset-panel and footer, it's normal. You can re-select that asset again to see if it can fix the footer position or not. (Technical Note: FixFooter will use marginTop
first and then paddingTop if marginTop failed. but if all method failed, FixFooter will change Z-index instead as a last option.
- In Stat & Event Page, As a very rarely case (If Asset have a lot of comments event but still not approve it at all , is a creature with a variety of archetype and stat and it is an original creation.) some event may be too long and may hide under the EA banner. Since it is pretty rare case so I need to rethink about this fix. (Since it will be automatically fixed if that user approve those comments enough to let the EA banner move down more.).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Optional Script: FaceFixer for Sporepedia.
From the information and poll on this thread: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/61487.page

For those of you who not anticipate in that thread, it's about fixing a rating face to blue face if a creation drop below blue face while it's already consider as "quality" creation. (Like rating drop from rating decay or mass downrate.)

Some people don't like this feature but some people seems to like this feature so, to make both of them satisfy and also to make me able to keep PrismSpore in one version. I decided to separate the script as an standalone script for this

feature.

FaceFixer for Sporepedia
How to install:
Nearly the same as PrismSpore. If you don't have Firefox or greasemonkey, you can look how to get those thing on PrismSpore's "How to install" section

- go to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83574 using firefox with greasemonkey enabled and click the install button, then click the install button on the window that pops up.

A summary of this feature.
- Quality will be determine from quality attribute. I would like to quote the meaning of this from other thread.
MaxisCactus wrote: New Search FAQ
Q: When I search using the "highly rated" and "recently highly rated" filters, some of the results have neutral faces. Why aren't they all green?"
A: Once a creation has been rated up enough to qualify as a highly rated creation, it's automatically entered into the pool of quality creations. Rating decay or subsequent downrates will not affect its presence in this pool going

forward.

- Usually quality creation is a creation that have around 3.00 rating and up. (From observation.)
- If the creation is consider as quality, its face will not drop below blue face no matter how bad the rating is. (Even from rating decay or mass downrate.)
- if the creation is green face, it will do nothing. Same as a creation that not consider to be "quality".(So if it's not consider to be "quality", you may see red face if it got mass downrate.)

A little drawback.
- Much like PrismSpore, it need to wait for page load and thus, during that time, you can still see its real face.
- Since Quality attribute will define quality creation after it pass 3.00 rating so this script will make a blue face appear a bit faster (Instead of 4.00 rating).
- Any old creation that have less than 3.00 rating at the time they implemented the new search in Sporepedia (I think 09/09/2009) will not consider as quality creation until they can reach 3.00 or more again.

Example picture:

The main purpose
1. for people who can't withstand a red face or a drop from green face to yellow face due to rating decay. (it will just drop to blue face.)

2. If you got a mass downrate after you got blue face, this will help you to ignore the mass downrater.

It's not useful at all if you don't care about rating face.
Some people may thing like it's a "pretend" function but it will always be considered as "pretended" if it's not an official update from EA/Maxis.

Also a little bad news for those of you who like the watermark idea. It seems that EA/Maxis didn't provided enough information to properly recreate a highest rating face so this feature is still not implemented.

This message was edited 13 times. Last update was at 02/16/2011 16:09:40

Chaosmium

MouthBreather

This sounds really interesting. I'll give it a try!

EDIT: This is great. 5-stars!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/21/2010 15:56:49

ashkelon

GalacticGod

When I click "install", I'm getting the page source, not the install.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in. MinionJoe, grá mo chroí.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

Digi-P

Multicellular

ashkelon wrote:When I click "install", I'm getting the page source, not the install.

Strange... Did you already install Greasemonkey?

ashkelon

GalacticGod

Digi-P wrote:
ashkelon wrote:When I click "install", I'm getting the page source, not the install.

Strange... Did you already install Greasemonkey?

OH I AM AN IDIOT !!!!

I wiped my system and installed win 7 ultimate this week -- FORGOT to put greasemonkey back on...

I'm witless. Thank you!

ALSO == 5-stars for sure. Niiiice!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/21/2010 16:05:12

DVDMaster

Civilized Sporeon

Is there any way to get the Creature Archetype information (http://www.spore.com/comm/tutorials/archetypes) displayed?

[WWW]
Digi-P

Multicellular

DVDMaster wrote:Is there any way to get the Creature Archetype information (http://www.spore.com/comm/tutorials/archetypes) displayed?

I think creature archetype used in-game function to select it and populate it based on that table, not a server or Sporepedia website function. the possible way to check it is to check with its stat data and display the possibility of what archetypes it can be.

xDoomsoulx

Civilized Sporeon

Downloaded and Installed.

This is really good, definitly like it

ashkelon

GalacticGod

DVDMaster wrote:Is there any way to get the Creature Archetype information (http://www.spore.com/comm/tutorials/archetypes) displayed?

I don't recall that being encoded in the creature XML. Is it? Otherwise that would take a some analysis of the creature against the archetypes.

Normally, that's a potential problem in case the criteria ever changes, since you'd have to draw on the published information. I'm just curious how you'd use the information, since you really can't search on it.

If you want to report on your own creatures, or your own pollination files, a batch script might make more sense, since you could both show which archetypes were filled and the degree of delta necessary to fill the missing ones using existing creatures as a base.

Just curious...

DVDMaster

Civilized Sporeon

ashkelon wrote:

I don't recall that being encoded in the creature XML. Is it? Otherwise that would take a some analysis of the creature against the archetypes.

Normally, that's a potential problem in case the criteria ever changes, since you'd have to draw on the published information. I'm just curious how you'd use the information, since you really can't search on it.

Since this information seems to be hard coded to spore, I wouldn't worry about it changing.

There are some challenges and contests that are for specific NPC types (NPC_Early Contest & The perfect game sporecast contest).

Ideally, it would be great to get total counts of each NPC type for a given buddy or sporecast so you could evaluate it's potential to be used as a theme when playing spore.

[WWW]
SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

Really nice.

[Email] [WWW]
ashkelon

GalacticGod

DVDMaster wrote:
Since this information seems to be hard coded to spore, I wouldn't worry about it changing.

There are some challenges and contests that are for specific NPC types (NPC_Early Contest & The perfect game sporecast contest).

Ideally, it would be great to get total counts of each NPC type for a given buddy or sporecast so you could evaluate it's potential to be used as a theme when playing spore.

Having written MANY system programming "hooks" into IBM mainframe operating systems... Things that are "hard coded" change more often than you would like -- especially when you need them most, or have come to think you can depend on them NOT changing.

Especially if they are parameterized. Which they often are, even if you don't recognized that particular structure as being created from parameters on the build side. LOL

And if you are looking for content, etc, then you ARE looking for search options and just having this exposed one creation at a time is not going to do you much good.

Again, it might be far easier and more useful to write a batch script that looks at definable selections outside the "real time" of trying to load a page.

I would be interested in writing such a scipt, but I will not guarantee it, since we only have that table to validate against, and there ARE some errors or questionable data in it. And I would not be interested in trying to maintain it.

After all, fixing the system programs is paid work, and this would just be for lulz.

DVDMaster

Civilized Sporeon

This really needs to be added to the spore API developer gallery.
http://www.spore.com/comm/developer

[WWW]
ashkelon

GalacticGod

DVDMaster wrote:This really needs to be added to the spore API developer gallery.
http://www.spore.com/comm/developer

SECONDED

misterhaan

MouthBreather

i wanted to do this in MoreSPORE but never even started -- now looks like i won't need to! i'll check this out probably tomorrow.

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: