The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Best captain parts?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Cheesey

Microbe

I've made several captains but am never satisfied with the parts. So what are the best parts for a captain, and can the jump jet be incorporated?

Slyth33

GalacticGod

My main captain came well equipped from creature stage, so jump/sprint/sneak/fly weren't needed. I personally like the lightning striker, it does a ton of damage and stuns enemies.

CrazyShyness

Spacefaring Sporeling

Jump jet is one of the last parts you want. That one's entire line is full of slightly upgraded creature ability parts. If you can, use the creature stage equivalent. A level 5 fly with the toadening feet makes for a good and cheap flier.

For offense, you probably want just the claws and the warrior blaster part. Those are all that you need in a normal combat adventure. For social abilities, come well stocked from the creature stage, but also buy at least one of the social parts that can be made stronger and that should be all that you need. I have forgotten what archetype that line of parts is for, so if someone can elaborate on that, that'd be great.

Please check out my creations. I will attempt to comment back at some point or another. Real life and all. If I haven't returned the comment please remind me.

Totally helped invent Space Ponies. Your arguement is invalid.

PS : Sanity is just a boundary.
blaster97337

Civilized Sporeon

I dont really know, but i have a top hat, so its all good.

one fully powered bard part (the first of the social parts that needs power) can win almost any social challenge. the first two warrior parts can beat most combat missions and if you have jump you don't need any of the trader parts (very few missions make you got higher than level 5 jump with out allowing you to teleport/walk instead.

so really take what ever parts fit the missions you like playing because most of the time you hardly need them anyway.

The Temple
The first mission I know of that used bolder traps and snake pits, and the only one for quite some time. (recently some other people used them)
jadow11

MouthBreather

Yeah Jump is one of the best abilities.Do you know the Maxis mission the spirits are restless if you have a level 5 jump you can just hop into the area where that monster is and not even go into the shabool valley, I know thats not what there called but I could care less.

inferno7

Civilized Sporeon

Best captian combo to me is

4 warrior parts

4 scientist parts

2 ecologist parts

The second ecologist part literally doubles your health! The first one is good so you can use sneak, hide a while and regenerate. I got the mad skillz achievement in a month with this combo.

[WWW] [Yahoo!]
Stranger78

MouthBreather

The best parts I think are the first two Warrior parts, each the third and fourth ecologist and Scientist parts, and the first zealot part.

Sig made by Demonic790 for the Clark and Stanley Hate Club
Lethe5683

MouthBreather

There isn't really such a thing as the "best parts". It depends a lot on the base captain and your play style but there are MANY combination that are effective for combat. Mobility and social are even simpler.

Looking for good adventures to play? Try my Excellent Adventures Sporecast.
Looking for a challenge? Try my Hard Adventures Sporecast.
------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lethe5683
Stranger78

MouthBreather

When you play the creature stage long enough (I play it most times much longer then needed for founding a tribe), your captain is most times very well equipped with social and moving skills, because those are not or nearly not changing in GA (Exept you detached those because they are not needed in tribe and civ stage). (Wow, that's a long sentence...) It's different for Combat, you can make adventures with enemies without Captains parts, but if there are vehicles or walls or something to be destroyed, you will need captains arms.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/21/2010 06:26:34

JKiii

Microbe

Plan ahead of time to maximize your stats in the creature stage as best as you can, then figure out which captain parts to get to either increase your strengths or cover your weakspots. Asymetry can really help for stats only gotten from Arms and legs so you can keep a low complexity (also useful to reduce complexity for captain parts as well)

What I did in creature stage was max out all social skills and main abilities (sneak, jump, speed, glideetc. asymetry helped for the feet)

Then went 4 warrior, 2 scientist, 2 ecologist, 1 trader, 1 zealot, while keeping energy slash and pulse blast at level 1 to save energy when attacking weak enemies. which made him well rounded, excelling in Attack and mobility, with a slight weakness in energy due to high energy consumption from attacking and dashing. Max Creature socializing IMO is much better than just Lv 3 Inspiring Song. Since a Lv 5 matching socialzing does better than a Lv3 captain unmatching. It just saves a captain part.

Here's a picture

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/24/2010 09:45:00

Stranger78

MouthBreather

well, talk about "Pimp my Warthog"

timmy-pickle

Microbe

In the creature stage I recommend 1 froggening foot and 1 morepaw, the flower which gives you level 4 sneak is also good and try to get top level fly and social stats. Then I'd go ...

3 warrior,

4 scientist,

2 ecologist

and 1 warrior or 1 of the social ones (if you are a carnivore and couldn't max the singing stat), or 1 trader(If you sprint through missions for a good time).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/16/2010 11:08:08

Calebfvg

Civilized Sporeon

The land of the free and the home of.... the whopper?

Try adding some tribal armor, that gives you a satisfactory heath boost.

What do I do when I am down? I BLAME SEGA!
ghostofillusion

GalacticGod

If you're going for hard-core button mashing adventures, I suggest all warrior parts and the first two zealot parts.

If you're going against boss missions, Shaman parts work best.

arbiter11

Microbe

First in creature stage I kept the flagella cause it had sneak, had the elavator caws, then velocigrasper, and, jellybutton and problem-solvent. I then got to space and put slasher claws things, then pulse laser, then stam boost/hp regenorator, then Iput lightning striker, and will add protecto-sheild. link-- http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ftr-creature%7Cadventure_creature%3Ausr-arbiter11%7C2270328184%3Asast-500651416082%3Aview-newest

[Email] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]

Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Go to: