The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
lojban :What do you think?:  XML
Forum Index » Science and Spore
Gakk656

Civilized Sporeon

On Glapigosta, skrapakting the riglag of Plifan's hruck... wait... what?

I have recently discovered lojban and I am perplexed. It is a wonderful language! It is simple and logical!
So this is a place where you can discuss lojban. Perhaps learn some of the language for useage?
I only know a few words, but there are people who know quite a bit! So discuss!!!

Oh and for those of you who don't know, http://www.lojban.org/tiki/What+Is+Lojban%3F Here is a link to a good site for it.
Also you can use wiki but... meh its wiki it kinda sucks... Although it does give a good description of its purpous and whatnot.

My creations My profile
Your profile...

I am the creator of the Pudy Hypothesis. Keep that in mind when you talk to me...

I believe that God created the heavens and the earth, sent His only Son to die for the world, and will come again to take his followers to the new heaven and earth. If you believe this to then copy and past this to your sig.God Bless.

Yes I am a Hardcore Christian. No, I will never change.
If you would sincerely like to hear about Jesus, then just PM me!
Red-Indigo

Civilized Sporeon

Oooops. You don't have sufficent privlages to access this message.

Looks confusing to me. Could be interesting though, I suppose it's a possiblity, but I doubt it'll catch on!

Yeah, I'm back. Kind of. Maybe.
[MSN]
Gakk656

Civilized Sporeon

It seemed really confusing to me at first to. But after I started really reading the grammar rules, its acctualy quite simple! It has WAY less rules than english. The pronounciation was lil tricky, as well as the three extra letters (Which are , . and ' ).

My creations My profile
Your profile...

I am the creator of the Pudy Hypothesis. Keep that in mind when you talk to me...

I believe that God created the heavens and the earth, sent His only Son to die for the world, and will come again to take his followers to the new heaven and earth. If you believe this to then copy and past this to your sig.God Bless.

Tenar

Civilized Sporeon

DAT LANGUAGE IZ 2 COMPLICATD, I PREFR LOLCAT

RLY, ALL LANGUAGEZ R INVENTD
Pasadema

Civilized Sporeon

New Esperanto? That failed, but was a good idea. I think we'll just have to go forward with making English universal (despite it's massive and numerous problems), all these artificial languages are doomed to fail.

And the name made me think of lol, then cat (as that inevitably goes with lol), making the language "lolcat".

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/19/2010 18:54:26

Gakk656

Civilized Sporeon

I seriously doubt that it will actualy work as an auxiliry(Spelling?) language.
Although it is a cool alternative to english, and its system is facinating to me. It made me think in new ways.... Which is quite an accomplisment.
But I think learning new languages is exciting. So ya... LoL maybe its just me but I think this is cool.

Edit: Wow I never noticed it looked like LoLcat before... thats kinda depressing...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/19/2010 18:55:44

My creations My profile
Your profile...

Imperiex-prime

GalacticGod

Gakk656 wrote:I seriously doubt that it will actualy work as an auxiliry(Spelling?) language.
Although it is a cool alternative to english, and its system is facinating to me. It made me think in new ways.... Which is quite an accomplisment.
But I think learning new languages is exciting. So ya... LoL maybe its just me but I think this is cool.

Edit: Wow I never noticed it looked like LoLcat before... thats kinda depressing...

Try learning some Na'vi, that language is strange. I have to disagree most constructed artificial languages always fail, look how many people can understand and/or speak Pig-Latin, and that one isn't even serious.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/19/2010 19:06:14

Gakk656

Civilized Sporeon

So I did a ruff look at Na'vi. It is quite strange yes, I like the way it used possesives. That is somthing lojban seems to lack...
Thats a good point, but PigLatin is only famous because it is a simple conversion of english. Whereas lojban is entirely new, other than a few letterals. Where you could quickly change any normal word to piglatin, with lojban you must find an entirely new word.

My creations My profile
Your profile...

Thomas1134

Spacefaring Sporeling

Na'vi is incredibly complex. Incredibly so.

What makes me wonder here though is how he came up with the name 'lojban' in the first place.
AaronMk

GalacticGod

Logic ban?

Sounds like something The Party would make, like Newspeak.

OTC | Youtube | Steam|RSBC | The DNR club | DA | ECF | | Unban the ECF forever
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Gakk656

Civilized Sporeon

I think its predicesor(Again Spelling...) Was called loglan (As in logical Language) or somthing and they just changed it up a lil.
Loglan was made around the 1950's for some mental speach related experament I think. I'll have to look it up...

Edit: Speaking of wich, does anyone have a good link to a place that teaches Na'vi? Preferably free... LoL

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/19/2010 21:10:38

My creations My profile
Your profile...

tyrannolodon

GalacticGod

English is already the world language for commerce. I see no reason for lojban's continued existence.

ggeecckkoo

MouthBreather

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…

Tenar wrote:DAT LANGUAGE IZ 2 COMPLICATD I PREFR LOLCAT

RLY ALL LANGUAGEZ R INVENTD
FICKSED

EDIT: Wheres my sig!?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/19/2010 23:03:22

Gakk656

Civilized Sporeon

tyrannolodon wrote:English is already the world language for commerce. I see no reason for lojban's continued existence.

I agree that it will probably not become anything useful. But it is such a beautiful language. And could be studied as a mind opener at least. Just somthing to express yourself with, or to use as a mind exersize.

My creations My profile
Your profile...

Forum Index » Science and Spore
Go to: