The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore and Windows 7  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Azzeren

Civilized Sporeon

My school/work program has provided me with the ability to get windows 7 on my computer, but they are first doing some complex re-imaging deal that basically involves wiping my hard drive. This means none of my Spore stuff or program files will be on the new hard drive. I read the thread about reinstalling Spore, and it says nothing about putting the backups on this computer if it has a different OS... If I follow the steps there, will I lose my games? Is the Folder layout the same in Windows 7? Will the install work? I have XP now, but has anyone at all gotten Windows 7 and had anything happen to Spore? Did you reinstall Spore after Win 7? So, I have a ton of questions and I am hoping someone has an answer... Help?

SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

You need to transfer the SPORE folder mentioned here
How do I back up saves / How do I back up saved games?
http://help.spore.com/cgi-bin/easpore.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20401
and My Spore Creations folder in My Documents.

Instructions for Vista are the same for 7, and Spore works on 7.

VLADISLAV! BABY DON'T HURT ME DON'T HURT ME NO MORE
[url=http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf]/url]
[Email] [WWW]
Vektrix

Spacefaring Sporeling

Slime is correct. I have Windows 7 and XP and have had no problems (though I did not bother with file transfers) Vista instructions are correct for Windows 7. I know, I've tried.

[WWW] [MSN]
odDballL

Multicellular

SporeMasterSlime wrote:You need to transfer the SPORE folder mentioned here

I have tried this process 3 times for a back up and restoration and it has never worked. Backing up was fine but there does not seem to be any comprehensive instruction about restoring. I simply did a copy over of which did not work at all and had the affect of forcing me to reinstall again. Backing up saved games is a farce much less restoring saved games and this feature should be integrated within the game itself.

[WWW]
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

odDballL wrote:
SporeMasterSlime wrote:You need to transfer the SPORE folder mentioned here

I have tried this process 3 times for a back up and restoration and it has never worked. Backing up was fine but there does not seem to be any comprehensive instruction about restoring. I simply did a copy over of which did not work at all and had the affect of forcing me to reinstall again. Backing up saved games is a farce much less restoring saved games and this feature should be integrated within the game itself.

I have successfully moved the needed files from PC to PC and from drive to drive and backed up and restored without error on all occasions. It is certainly possible however it does require some computer knowledge to ensure you actually back up all the needed files, including files usually hidden in system folders. Restoring the back up of the files is just copying over the files created after reinstalling Spore and after it has been patched and any other expansions and parts packs installed.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: