The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Mad_Botanist

Multicellular

I'm pretty displeased that the parts don't seem to have much more than cosmetic function (bunch of new eyes, but no mention of them giving non-eye sensor parts function), and the new animations seem to just belong to the creator. New ways to make my monstrosity dance. Joy. The fact that they gave new parts to one of the more robust creators really gets my goat. No real function, no animations with practical value, no tentacle-limbs, and I'm still stuck in elementary-school geometry with the Building creator. All for the low, low price of $19.99! Man, I'm just gonna splurge the $20 on Playdough...

Rzanio wrote:Spore: Served best with a side of Freud

Mad Bottanist's Creations
Tutthoth

Civilized Sporeon

The pharaoh demands that all "BOO!!!" Cute and creepy, for it is a waste of money and resources!

There can only be one Ra
[WWW]
hiki2008

Microbe

New screens can be found here on GameSpot.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/30/2008 09:26:30

[WWW]
BidMic

Multicellular

Ccurving wrote:I think what upsets people about this - I know it upsets me, but I can't speak for everyone - is that the creature creator wasn't just $10 for parts. It was $10 for an awesome creation engine that also had some parts to use. This pack doesn't have anything other than some new parts, so how can it be worth more than the actual creator?

Not to say that I disagree with your point - actually that makes a lot of sense and I don't know why I didn't consider it before. But I feel like the same principle applies, and if they afford to put the creator out for $10, then they can afford to put out a bunch of parts for even less.

...but it isn't just parts. There are paint options and animations. They put the creator out for a low price to get people playing and telling others to go buy Spore when it comes out. There is nothing wrong with doing that. They just wanted to get the word out without spending big money on commercials. Now that they have enough players, they can bring out a parts pack to get even more people talking about the game. Truth is, most companies are using the people as advertisers. Of course, people think it is completely wrong but I don't. They are not breaking the law in any way, shape, or form. People need to stop accusing EA and Maxis of being money grubbers. If they were money grubbers, would they take the time to make patches to help people.

http://digit-mb.evony.com
If you are interested, PM me and I will explain. Thank you.
Esrafael

Microbe

BidMic wrote: People need to stop accusing EA and Maxis of being money grubbers. If they were money grubbers, would they take the time to make patches to help people.

Yes, because bugged games don't sell. They don't do it to help people, they do it to help sales.

That's all any company is there for, to make money.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/30/2008 14:34:22

Orinai

Microbe

Hey any idea what the 2009 expansion will be called? I sounds awsome
Orinai

Microbe

The cute and creepy should be less then the creature creator, or better yet free, I dont care what they charge for 2009 expansion, but this is just a bunch of parts! Now dont get me wrong, i want it like my brother wants candy or a mouse wants cheese, I just dont want to pay $20 for it!
PieIsYummy

Civilized Sporeon

Man the new creature pwn ! But I think the price is still TOO high...

I was the God of the Old world... then Didzo had to kill it. Now I am out to get you didzo. You had better run.

I am... PIEISYUMMY... My Ego will crush you like an overweight hippo on a ham sandwich.
I Posted the 99000th time in the Community Showcase!

I am on a quest to give threads another chance! and a 3rd and 4th. and...

Here is my Profile

SPOREPEDIA PAGE

hiki2008

Microbe

Can a SporeMaster lock this topic?

This topic and this forum is hijacked by the anti Spore maffia and I won't update this topic anymore.

Maybe a Sporemaster can make an new topic with the official announcement; my fingers are close to deleting the first post completly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/31/2008 10:05:41

[WWW]
JohnnyPie

MouthBreather

As the self-proclaimed Godfather of the anti-SPOOR mafia, I too would like to see this rancid 34-page thread promoting the Hecker and Creepy "lump of coal in the stocking parts-pack just in time for the holidays" officially locked.

Fredo Corleone: How do you say "banana daiquiri"?
Michael Corleone: "Banana daiquiri."

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 10/31/2008 10:35:02

CAUTION: Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear:

I have a Learning Disorder. Please don't laugh
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Bakili

Multicellular

This thread be dead!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/31/2008 10:37:38

JohnnyPie

MouthBreather

Bakili wrote:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/31/2008 10:42:36

CAUTION: Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear:

I have a Learning Disorder. Please don't laugh
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Bakili

Multicellular

Inappropriate image removed.

I'll keep this one open for the moment, but try to stick to the topic and be civil, please.

--- SporeMasterSpace

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/31/2008 11:29:00

midian1369

Multicellular

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

aim icon [ICQ]
SporeMasterNumerator

Spore Master

hiki2008 wrote:Can a SporeMaster lock this topic?

This topic and this forum is hijacked by the anti Spore maffia and I won't update this topic anymore.

Maybe a Sporemaster can make an new topic with the official announcement; my fingers are close to deleting the first post completly.

Locked by request of OP.
[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: