The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Copy Multiple Object in Adventure Creator!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Feedback
Poll
Does the Adventure Creator need a copy multiple object functionality?
YES! 76% [ 13 ]
yes. 24% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17
adayoldbagel

Microbe

__

Look, I know this must have been said before, but WE REALLY NEED A COPY MULTIPLE OPTION for copying buildings/objects in the adventure creator. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tedious and impossible to try to create arrays or paths of ANYTHING...

Once again, I've looked for a similar poll/post, and couldn't find one. If anyone knows of one, link please. (You try searching for anything with "copy" in it.)

**Clarification**

For example, if you wanted a field full of identical crates spaced only a few feet apart in a grid (or something like that), but you didn't want to 'ALT-drag' every single one. I would rather 'ALT-drag' a row of them, and then be able to copy the whole row and 'ALT-drag' THAT, making a grid.

If any of you have used the 3d modelling program Google Sketchup, I'm ideally wishing for a copy/paste system comparable to theirs (i.e. copy around an axis, copy an array, multiple copy, etc.).

Please, post if you don't understand. (Hasn't anyone else wished for this )

__

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 01/08/2010 07:17:17

gtriff07

Civilized Sporeon

spore and in my creature's egg evolving it

what do mean

evolution is fun!
[WWW]
adayoldbagel

Microbe

I added some clarification to my original post. Hope that helps.
Yoshermon

MouthBreather

This would go under the "ability to select multiple objects in adventure editor" category. Not only is copying multiple entities tedious and difficult, but deleting unwanted extras is just as bad. It shouldn't be too hard to implement; you can select multiple items in the Sporepedia by holding ctrl while you click, so you should be able to select multiple entities in the adventure editor as well.

You just got OOOHD-D!
Nagho

MouthBreather

I think what he means it that instead of selecting objects individually dragging a box over them (or something of that nature) to select all of them at once and be able to copy, delete or move them all at the same time instead of having to move them individually should be possible. This "box method" would also make it easier to select small objects because you won't have to try to aim your mouse to click RIGHT on it, you could just quickly make a box around it to select it.

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
adayoldbagel

Microbe

Either of these last two ideas apply. I would be happy with just the CTRL select multiple, but a box selection tool would be even better in some cases.

C'mon, select multiple is a core functionality in pretty much all 3d world editors. Going without it is like going without the ability to texture an object.
AaronMk

GalacticGod

So something of the option to drag select multiple parts like in an RTS and then "ALT-Drag them to copy them? Sounds pretty good to me. Would save me time in making a large paved place in which to build a city on.

OTC | Youtube | Steam|RSBC | The DNR club | DA | ECF | | Unban the ECF forever
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
kamos3

Microbe

i was just playing spore and making a adventure and i was trying to move like 100 soilder across the battle field and i dont want to select them 1 at a time and drag the blimp across the battle field i was just wondering if you can select all the units and make them go across without doing it 1 at a time
Stryfe89

MouthBreather

wait...how the heck did i get here!?!!? o.O

I agree 100% having to move everything one at a time is so frustrating! it doesn't seem like too much to ask for to have a box select type tool.

BenJammin1391

Civilized Sporeon

I can see the possibilities of this. Cities, streets, armies...

This NEEDS to be implemented.

Forum Index » Spore Feedback
Go to: