The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Ccurving

Multicellular

Eekwotsthat wrote:Ok stop the flaming on both sides and get with the topic thread can we...

I see lots of complaints comparing the price of the creature creator vs the price of the parts pack. Anyone else consider the fact that the creature creator was released as a means in which they could populate the sporepedia with content. As such it was priced lower than it would of otherwise been. Just something to bear in mind.

I think what upsets people about this - I know it upsets me, but I can't speak for everyone - is that the creature creator wasn't just $10 for parts. It was $10 for an awesome creation engine that also had some parts to use. This pack doesn't have anything other than some new parts, so how can it be worth more than the actual creator?

Not to say that I disagree with your point - actually that makes a lot of sense and I don't know why I didn't consider it before. But I feel like the same principle applies, and if they afford to put the creator out for $10, then they can afford to put out a bunch of parts for even less.

"Creative anarchy is the path to survival in this universe."
~Chapterhouse: Dune
TokeyMcBongRip

Multicellular

Parvati wrote:
Mastermind69 wrote:
let me spread the truth to you people so you can see how shallow and evil EA really is if anyone saw the videos before spore was released you all know that beaming down your creatures on planets isnt NEW and wont be THE FIRST TIME!!!! the videos in the past clearly showed Will beaming down and trying to make contact with a primitive species! i mean how stupid do they think we are?

Prove it or be quiet, all this stupid hate stuff is ridiculous. Post a link to the vid if you are THAT sure.
Of course Maxis wants to make the most money with Spore as possible...but don't think only Maxis does this. EVERYBODY does.

Oh I see you are a new adopter.
Welcome.

But educate yourself before you swim in the deep.
You happen to be very wrong.

boy you must have lived in a cave the last few years or just got the game if you still love it that much to not see the truth! but ill give you your video proving my point! maybe you should brush up on spore before commenting on anyones posts. besides i have a right to my opinion and if you have looked at the forums in the last 2 months its a popular opinion making the faults of the game very true and you people who find the game perfect and great the minority here, and the haters are by far the majority..... but heres my proof you little pissant and if i have nothing better to do ill dig up the video of Will stating something like 18 different creators in the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0_U9Tx17RA

now piss off!

"You can't stop the signal Mal. You see everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere"

Mr. Universe-Serenity
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

You do realise I didn't reply to you right
But I also posted the vid.
Just saying so we understand each other
Ccurving

Multicellular

*snicker* Thanks, Tokey, for saying what a lot of us wanted to say (Namely, piss off)

Now, to keep things on topic... I actually like the creepy parts. Which is a shame because I'm not going to buy the pack as-is. Some of them, particularly the feet, look pretty cool. A lot of them also seem to add spikes to limbs, which is great because I love spikes but hate using up all my DNA to buy four or five of them for a pair of arms.

There had been some grumbling about microtransactions, but I'm starting to feel like they might not be such a bad idea. I won't pay $20 for this pack and I won't pay anything for cute parts (just my preference, I'm not big on cutesy creations), but I might be coerced into plunking down some pocket change for a creepy part here and there.

"Creative anarchy is the path to survival in this universe."
~Chapterhouse: Dune
shap745

Microbe

FPGenv wrote:I can't believe EA is ripping off you poor muppets. You're going to spend 20-30 dollars for a Space xpac that just allows you to CREATE YOUR OWN MISSIONS?

Something's wrong with you .

nah im just going to my local store pay 2 dollars and there i go
Sephiriot

Microbe

FIX BUGS and then bring out expansions.

Rate me
[WWW]
simsmac

Multicellular

Anyone considering buy the Parts Pack, see both of the threads in my sig first.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/22/2008 22:24:32

Profile link in image
"...The universe you inhabit is but one of many
countless worlds, unseen but yet connected.
Your creative efforts have not gone unnoticed.
Indeed they have spilled into these other, unseen worlds
just as your world has been enriched by them..."
-Steve

The Not-So-Idyllic Story & Contest

Member of Spore TV, Production Designers section

[AIM: simsmac0o] PM if you added me.
hiki2008

Microbe

Still gonna buy it.

If I can preorder it here in the Netherlands ... no shop here has it as preorder yet.....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/24/2008 10:19:30

[WWW]
Enfero_Lunos

Microbe

simsmac wrote:Anyone considering buy the Parts Pack, see both of the threads in my sig first.

No, I'm good. I want the parts pack now, and there's no way you're actually going to make anything happen.
Gregory1

Multicellular

Can't wait for the new expansion packs!

Tomanomanous

Spacefaring Sporeling

With the creepy and cute, I will make the cutest creature with eyes that will suck you in and then he will blow you up with the other 6.5 billion people on the Earth. Mwuhahahahahahahahahahahaha....

WillyG

Microbe

I might get the C&C pack but I will definaltly get the space one in spring 09. Im a bit pissed off that its going to take that long for the space one and if they dont have anymore expasions before the space one it will take ages! Maxis sure do make you wait alot

I am Will. Will I am. Would you like to eat sam I am?
[Email]
hiki2008

Microbe

New screens: Worth Playing

Hands on and more new screens on IGN.

After you install this bad boy, your creature creator will expand and feature a greater library of body parts. You will have access to 12 new heads, eyes, hands, feet, and accessories. If I learned anything in college, this all adds up to 60. Breaking these segments down, the new heads consist of alien sensors, cute round faces, snouts, and more. Even though this pack has a good mixture of creepy and cute, most of the eyes fall more on the side of creepy; the hands on the other hand (pun not initially intended) are composed of paws, suction cups, and claws. The things that attach to legs, or feet as most people call them, consist of hooves, toes, and alien-like feet. The new accessories are generally composed of sharp spines, leaf-like structures, and more. Of course, all of these descriptors may be worthless, because as creativity from the Sporepedia has shown us, you can make eyeballs out of anything.

In the end, the Spore: Creepy & Cute Parts Pack isn't a very ambitious expansion, but it does add a decent mix of cosmetic options for fans. With that said, even with the add-on, hardcore fans might wish for even more options. There aren't any new arms, legs, or outfit accessories here; but if you're looking to expand your designs and hope to create even more unique creatures, then you might want to keep an eye out for the Spore: Creepy & Cute Parts Pack when it launches on November 17

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/28/2008 09:32:38

[WWW]
TormakSaber

MouthBreather

Sigh

I'll give you... eh... 2.50, EA. Twofiddy. Take it or leave it.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/TormakSaber

Feel free to PM me with questions.
hiki2008

Microbe

3 new screens can be found on Worth Playing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/29/2008 15:36:13

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: