The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Core Spore/GA/C&C not registering & inability to upload  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Allanzz

Microbe

Sporemaster edit#4: Anyone still experiencing the problem should contact EA chat. See these.
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/480/46698.page#3024245
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/480/46698.page#3024298

Sporemaster edit#3: The problem has been back for some time now. Fix pending.

Sporemaster edit #2: The issue should be fixed now. If you get the problem, try all of the suggestions in this post and if all fail, contact support.

--------------------------------------------------Sporemaster edit:
Anyone affected by the problem please see these (note that these suggestions probably won't work but it's worthy to give them a try, although in the end you're probably going to end up contacting support. So if you have no idea what you're doing better not do it at all.):

-Check your sporepage on spore.com, normally you'd use this link:
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
If the game you are having trouble with (Core Spore, Creepy and Cute or Galactic adventures) is not showing up as registered (ie it should be grayed out and reading "Get it!" on its icon, unlike registered expansions/games which show their full icon) read on. If not then you have a different problem and you can start another thread.

- The error will be associated with inability to upload, and possibly login errors like "Code already in use" or "You do not have sufficient privileges" or "Key code invalid". If you get these errors the solutions below are even more unlikely to help. Contact support.

-Be sure you're logging in in-game with the same username and password you used to register the game.

-Try deleting login.prop, instructions
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20276

-If it wasn't an original copy of C&C or GA or core spore you're using then you will only be able to upload stuff by using the account it was originally associated with. If it was used for example you won't be able to use the GA features unless you log into the account the person that bought it first associated with.

-Run the app from the hard drive in program files and not from the disc. By default this should be at C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Spore_EP1/SporebinEP1/sporeapp.exe the same for Core spore without the EP1's.

-If you downloaded GA or Spore via EADM you must launch GA/C&C/Core Spore from inside EADM in order to have your game register rather than another shortcut.

-Try turning off all background apps that you can via task manager (alt+ctrl+del), via the Processes tab. That includes anti-virus programs, you should also turn off Windows Firewall through Control panel and any parental controls. Then run core Spore and then GA again (if applicable).

-It could be more effective to kill any irrelevant processes on startup: to do that, bring up run (ctrl+run), type msconfig, select selective startup (third radio button), and use the Services and Startup tabs to disable any non-critical application, then restart your computer. In fact some anti-virus programs like AVG 9 can only be turned off completely that way. If you are not comfortable with this, don't do it and stick to the method of task manager. You can enable normal start up after that by running msconfig again and selecting normal startup.
Then run Spore and GA.

-If you have Vista or 7 you can right click the game icon and select run as administrator.

-You can also check this to make sure all necessary ports are open
What sites or ports do I need to allow for Spore to run?
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/24869.page#648262

-If everything fails, contact support during buziness days and include your serial.
How to contact Technical Support
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/184.page#678

Please report back in this thread if you're having the problem, and any of the suggestions worked or did not work, including contacting technical support.

-----------------------end of edit. Goodnight!

the thing is that,I bought spore,GA and C&C,but instead of its icons appearing,there was just a button saying "Get it!",anyway,I already played many adventures that even had CAC in them!I even got a throphy,the "My Spore GA" button is there,I got a badge for publishing an adventure,EVERYTHING!but,when i publish creatures with CAC and adventures,in the game it says I have alreay published,but they dont appear in the site sporepedia!this is just weird,I already sent an email do EA Brazil,but didnt get an response yet...

If it may change anything I am using XP SP3

EDIT:it seens everyone who recently bought spore, and/or CAC and/or GA(past month) got this problem as well,its getting more common at the time...weird thing
Already sent email to support,2 weeks ago,no response...
Tried every "fix",nothing worked

This message was edited 15 times. Last update was at 07/30/2011 15:26:49

I know spore from a time ago,but I was a COMPLETE IDIOT and had a pirated copy ¬¬,but now I bought the original spore and I am very happy with me to have waked up to this idiocy and now I have the original =D
so,thats why I am gonna post a lot of creations in only ONE day =),hope you all understand

dont worry,I didnt play too much the pirated spore xP
[MSN]
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Did you get the Spore C&C second hand? If so that is why the online features are not working. You will need to get your own copy and then manually uninstall C&C, then reinstall it with your unique serial number. That will allow the use of the online features.

If this is your own unique copy please try turning off firewall or parental control software and then start up Spore.

Allanzz

Microbe

SporeMasterKaliena wrote:Did you get the Spore C&C second hand? If so that is why the online features are not working. You will need to get your own copy and then manually uninstall C&C, then reinstall it with your unique serial number. That will allow the use of the online features.

If this is your own unique copy please try turning off firewall or parental control software and then start up Spore.

core spore,CAC and GA are my own unique copy,I bought all of them together,I installed all of them in a row,I turned off firewall and I dont think my PC has any parental control,I didnt install anything like that,the PC is only mine and it has only one user,and its like I can use the online features,because I can get the creature from others,the main problem here is that I cant pubish CAC creatures and adventures

I know spore from a time ago,but I was a COMPLETE IDIOT and had a pirated copy ¬¬,but now I bought the original spore and I am very happy with me to have waked up to this idiocy and now I have the original =D
so,thats why I am gonna post a lot of creations in only ONE day =),hope you all understand

[MSN]
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Try right clicking the Spore GA icon and select Run as Administrator. Your profile at http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Allanzz doesn't indicate either Spore GA or C&C have contacted the login server.

Allanzz

Microbe

My user is the administrator...

and that is the whole point,the site isnt saying that I have GA and CAC,but I do,and it appears in the game... very weird

[MSN]
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Try runing it as admin anyway, even if your userid has admin privilages. If that doesn't help I would send a message via help.spore.com with your serial number for Spore C&C and Spore GA and ask if they can research the issue.

Allanzz

Microbe

SporeMasterKaliena wrote:Try runing it as admin anyway, even if your userid has admin privilages. If that doesn't help I would send a message via help.spore.com with your serial number for Spore C&C and Spore GA and ask if they can research the issue.

I sent an email to EA Brazil...i will send one now to EA(English) because its about a week and still no response,cant put Admin,it says its not possible to logon,username unknown or wrong password...but I didnt even put a password!
when I try to login in help.spore it says its connection is not safe,not trusted...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 11/26/2009 17:54:07

[MSN]
Leoper

Microbe

I have the same problem! It's really annoying because I have GA and the website says I don't and I can get any of my adventures seen in the sporeopedia! Also I bought GA using the digital download rather then having a physical copy... PLEASE HELP!!!
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

You can trust the help.spore.com website, there is an old certificate from the old days when it was easpore.custhelp.com or something like that, make an exception and continue.

SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

Just to make sure you have tried everything without support, see these:

Are you sure it was an original copy of GA you bought? If it was used for example you won't be able to use the GA features unless you log into the account the person that bought it first associated with.
If not, make sure no firewalls are preventing the game for registering. It is recommended that you start a clean boot, and try running GA again
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796
Also if you have Vista or 7 you can right click the GA icon and select run as administrator.
In addition, if you downoaded GA via EADM you must launch GA from inside EADM in order to have your game to register rather than another shortcut.
You can also check this to make sure all necessary ports are open
What sites or ports do I need to allow for Spore to run?
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/24869.page#648262
If all fail I'd contact support and provide them with my serial number, they could help you. http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/184.page#678

and yes I did copy it off somewhere. If not then support can help you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/27/2009 14:32:49

VLADISLAV! BABY DON'T HURT ME DON'T HURT ME NO MORE
[url=http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf]/url]
[Email] [WWW]
Allanzz

Microbe

I am sure its original,it came everything closed,as secure as possible,I bought it on iggishop
many people I know in a brazilian forum bought GA there too and didnt have any problems,so its error in Spore,not in my copy...

how to open the ports(I dont think its gonna work but... its worth a try)?D:

anyway,I already sent an email to help.spore

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/27/2009 15:01:35

[MSN]
SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

Here's a microsoft link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308127
it shouldn't be much different in other OS's.

If all fail then indeed contacting support might be your best bet.

[Email] [WWW]
Allanzz

Microbe

all the ports are already oppen,no difference,well,now EA Brazil and help.spore have my email there... the only thing I can do is wait

[MSN]
Morto

Microbe

I too am having this same problem. Bought GA about 2 weeks ago brand new from Wal-Mart. In my profile it doesnt show as purchased. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I have spore and related stuff installed on my D:\ partition, not in C:\.

Since this was all installed on my new build, I installed Spore first, then C&C, then GA. Then Patched with 5.1.

this is an XP SP3 system. Full privelages, no AV installed, no firewall, ports 80 and 443 open on my router.

I can play GA just fine. It even logs in successfully when I start GA. Just doesn't show as purchased in my profile.

SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

None of the games show up under your profile.

Try all of my above suggestions. If these don't work then you can try manually uninstalling, then reinstalling Spore and running it. Before running it for the first time I recommend you performed a clean boot to make sure nothing will obstruct it.
If it doesn't register then go ahead and install the rest and contact support.

[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: