Update: Snapping Turtle and Emperor Scorpion now in Battlefield Heroes!
"As a result of some of the amazing entries from or "Wild Pet Spore Contest" we have found 2 amazing creations that we will be adding to the game store for this weekend. Grab them while you can and take your courageous new companions with you onto the battlefield." - Battlefield Heroes Team
Puglin and Nuumamonja, authors of these two creations, are also receiving small sets of download codes that they can distribute as they like.
Get more info on BattlefieldHeroes.com
Congratulations to Puglin and Nuumamonja!
The two of you were voted the favorite creators in this challenge in a poll here
The top 11 creations you voted for here have gone to another mystery site
to be voted on by the community there! They're looking for two creations to enter their hall of fame!
Voting will end Jan 19th. Congrats to the top 11 who made it in!
Congratulations to our winners!
Your entries will be featured on Spore.com soon!
1st place: Frill-necked Lizard (fixed)
2nd place: Emperor Scorpion
3rd place: RECRUIT of the The Vulture empire
4th place: Poison Dart Frog
Congratulations to the following players who made it to the finalist voting round. Vote for your top pick!
1. squirrel By 2001Monolith
2. chilean rose tarantula By Dismembo
3. Owl By Alvador
4. Frill-necked Lizard (fixed) By Luxina
5. Lemur By CopperLou
6. Fire Jeweled Dragonfly By Dragonvoid
7. Jerboa By TanjaH
8. Poison Dart Frog By Rebecca1208
9. Emperor Scorpion By Puglin
10. RECRUIT of the The Vulture empire By Slartibartfast38
11. Alligator Snapping Turtle By Nuumamonja
12. Dangerous Frog By Antarcticas
13. Banded Mongoose By Tosu-X
14. Sengi By mbirt
15. Jumping Spider By bluesky681
16. Desperaux By ReginaldLuther
17. Drazil By ChefBagley
18. Common Pheasant By Garnold
19. Spider By Riverleigh76
20. Palm Cockatoo By Khloe14
Spore and another mystery game
are teaming up to bring you the Wild Pet Spore Challenge! We want you to create a realistic earthly animal. It can be a commonly domesticated animal or a wild animal. It should be posed in a regular idle stance, not sitting or in motion. The pet should be a non-human and should represent an animal small enough to fit on a human's shoulder. Make the best realistic pet creature in the Spore Pet Challenge!
Birds, small reptiles, rodents, and other small mammals are good choices for pet ideas to get you started.
What will the challenge winner(s) get?
A chance to be featured on Spore.com! We're going to choose a few of the top voted creations to share the glory here.
We'll post our favorite submissions here, then YOU get to vote for which one is your top pick! The winner(s) may be featured if they meet our criteria for featured creations
• Creation must not have any parent authored by a different creator
• Creation must not have any offensive creation in its lineage (any parent or child creations)
• Creation must not have any links or references to other sites in the submission's tags, name, or description
Submissions that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered for the poll
• Your creation must look like a realistic animal
• Your creation must be created in the creature editor editor. It can be accessorized in any accessory editor.
• To submit a creation, just publish and tag it with: mcpetchallenge
• You can submit as many creations as you’d like
• All submissions must be in by 11:00am PDT Jan 5, 2010
• Optional: Post screenshots or YouTube movies of your creation on the forum