The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
mrgreaper2004

Microbe

i was redirected here from a thread i created when i learnt ea were going to charge for a patch (im sory a few new limbs aint a expansion, new animations and textures are most certainly a patch)
this "expansion" would be outrages if they charged more the £2 for but full price come on ea its not april fools yet
myself i stoped playing what they called spore (different spore to what we were promised) because the only part that has any depth is the space bit and even thats patheticly simple
will wright and ea just want ££££££ no respect for the gamers at all
this might as well be called "the sims: spore"

i for one wont be buying ANY xpansions till they address the core gameplay or lack there of
back to x3 terran conflict (ah a true game not like this bloody minigame fest)

if only spore had been the game they promised (going for sales not critic score, shame on you mr wright, shame)
MartianMan

Microbe

shadowwasser wrote:Okay. Here's another party heard from.

This price is ridiculous. Disagree? Look at it this way:

The free trial CC gave us:
6 mouths
10 senses
6 limbs
7 hands
8 feet
6 weapons
10 details

total: 53 parts
+33 color palates
2 backgrounds
24 animations

The 10$ CC gave us an additional:

32 mouths
30 senses
18 limbs
21 hands
24 feet
18 weapons
30 details

And the total worth of 10$?
173 parts
51 color palates
2 backgrounds

logically, if these new parts are just as good as the original ones (and why wouldn't they be?), a 20$ expansion pack should have:
346 parts
102 color palates
4 backgrounds

Instead, we get, according to the website:
60 parts
48 color palates
24 animations

By the previously-stated value of parts in the CC, this expansion should cost about $5.75

Biggest rip-off I've ever heard of.

I believe your logic is off by a bit.

For the SCC, we paid for parts not for the value of the parts themselves, but for the value of getting them three months earlier than when spore game out. For the parts pack, we are paying (probably) for the same thing. Most likely, the parts will be released at some point in the future during a patch(probably in a year or so). If we are to assume we will get them in a year or so(I will average it to be a year and one half), and we got the SCC three months prior to the release of Spore, we can take these things as facts in equating the value of the pack:

SCC price= ((173 + 51)/10)*3[ten dollars(the price of the demo) dividing the 173 parts plus the 51 color palettes(the content you are purchasing) multiplied by three months(the time until which you get it for free]

Parts pack: ((72 + 48)/20)*18[twenty dollars dividing the 72 parts plus the 48 color palettes multiplied by 18 months]

The SCC:
((173 + 51)/10)*3
(22.4)*3

The value of the demo could be said to be 67.2

The Pack:

((72 + 48)/20)*18
(120/20)*18
6*18

The value of the pack could be said to be 108

In my opinion, the value of the parts pack is valued more because of the longer wait until it is in a "free" state.

Of course, this is all assuming the parts pack is to become free(or at least under five dollars) within a year and a half. The longer it remains free(or again, under five dollars), the more value it has; if it becomes free(or under five dollars) earlier, the lesser value it will have.

Of couse, with the severe drop in price Spore had within a month, nothing is stopping me from profiting from the DRM and bad reviews. ::?D

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/21/2008 01:17:53

Infinitely loved; finitely hated.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
TokeyMcBongRip

Multicellular

snabald wrote:
hiki2008 wrote:
Gamers will experience deeper Space stage gameplay with an expansion pack scheduled for release in spring 2009. For the first time, players' space faring creatures will be able to beam down from their spaceships to explore new planets and earn rewards for completing challenging missions. A new Adventure Creator will allow players to build and share online their own custom missions, providing almost endless gameplay possibilities.

Awesome!!! This is exactly what I wanted as described here:

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/8238.page

lmfao are you freaking joking

let me spread the truth to you people so you can see how shallow and evil EA really is if anyone saw the videos before spore was released you all know that beaming down your creatures on planets isnt NEW and wont be THE FIRST TIME!!!! the videos in the past clearly showed Will beaming down and trying to make contact with a primitive species! i mean how stupid do they think we are? they had this all ready before the game was even released it might have even been in the game already just ripped out to sell to us later! ohh and the mission creator that was probably done too! there was one video where Will said spore has something like 18 different creators to build with
hmmmm......
Creature
Cell
tribal civ and space outfits
vehicle creators
building creators
music creator
spaceship creator
now if you add the existant Floral creator that we STILL DONT HAVE!
and now the Mission Creator lets count them

thats nine i can count and dont hand me boat plane ground vehicles are all different they are in fact the same creator
same for all the outfits for tribal civ and space

so we have nine creators currently that leaves a possibility of 9 more that they have that they will hand us in each expansion and claim its new!

and all the creepy cute parts pack thats a joke in itself less than 3 months after release they are shoving a parts pack down our throats!!!!! i dont know about you but spore is leaving a nasty aftertaste in my mouth and im getting sick of this so i spent 80 on the galactic edition of a game that is UNFINISHED and now they want me to spend 20 more in less than 3 months time to give me quite possibily something that was already in the game that they pulled out to sell us later this is border line criminal!

and the sad fact of it all is people will buy it and they will call it a success! and shove more down our throats

im all for fixing the game or adding to it but to sell us stuff that was shown to us in the 3 years past before release that they saw fit to pull out of the final game is not right! whats next spore underwater mysteries where they give us this new concept of the underwater phase inbetween cell and creature, and adding underwater colonies for the space phase!!!!! or how about this the spore FLORAL CREATOR and floral parts pack for yet another 20 bucks!
believe it people buy buying these stupid parts packs they will get the hint that we are ok with this and they will do it more and more frequently giving us less and less for our money!

and this crap of over 30 million creations, well considering probably 2 thirds of that number is slight variations and recolors of other creations over the course of a single game because everytime you change your creature even just a little bit or change the color of a building or add a new part to a vehicle or spaceship it uploads it to the sporepedia automatically my one creature has probably 20 variations of itself over the course of its evolution and guess what i dont delete them because it shouldnt be my freakin job to police everything my copy of spore uploads without my permission!!!!! freaking get real and get your freaking numbers straight! i bet the true number if it didnt automatically upload everything you do or change would be closer to maybe 12 to 15 million you morons!

this is just like there inflation of sales numbers to prove that securom is working when the truth of the matter is probably about 75 percent of all people playing spore are playing with pirated copies i mean nobody on the boards because to be part of the forums you have to have a legit serial number and account! but let me tell you this game IS THE MOST PIRATED GAME OF ALL TIME!!!! and no amount of false statements and cover ups is going to change that fact

I WILL NOT BE BUYING YOUR STUPID PARTS PACK! it adds no new gameplay what so ever just parts i think that can wait a few years when i can get it out of a bargin bin for 5 bucks, and even tho the space expansion gives me what i was originally looking forward to(walking on strange new worlds and interacting with new life and primitive species) i will have to think long and hard about that one since it adds undoubtedly something Will showed us over a year ago before spore was even released, meaning that it was already part of the game before they RIPPED IT ALL APART TO SELL TO US LATER! you FREAKING CRIMINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You can't stop the signal Mal. You see everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere"

Mr. Universe-Serenity
Mastermind69

Multicellular

let me spread the truth to you people so you can see how shallow and evil EA really is if anyone saw the videos before spore was released you all know that beaming down your creatures on planets isnt NEW and wont be THE FIRST TIME!!!! the videos in the past clearly showed Will beaming down and trying to make contact with a primitive species! i mean how stupid do they think we are?

Prove it or be quiet, all this stupid hate stuff is ridiculous. Post a link to the vid if you are THAT sure.
Of course Maxis wants to make the most money with Spore as possible...but don't think only Maxis does this. EVERYBODY does.

I don't have a signature...go away...
MY PROFILE, HAVE A LOOK
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

Mastermind69 wrote:
let me spread the truth to you people so you can see how shallow and evil EA really is if anyone saw the videos before spore was released you all know that beaming down your creatures on planets isnt NEW and wont be THE FIRST TIME!!!! the videos in the past clearly showed Will beaming down and trying to make contact with a primitive species! i mean how stupid do they think we are?

Prove it or be quiet, all this stupid hate stuff is ridiculous. Post a link to the vid if you are THAT sure.
Of course Maxis wants to make the most money with Spore as possible...but don't think only Maxis does this. EVERYBODY does.

Oh I see you are a new adopter.
Welcome.

But educate yourself before you swim in the deep.
You happen to be very wrong.
Mastermind69

Multicellular

Parvati wrote:
Oh I see you are a new adopter.
Welcome.
But educate yourself before you swim in the deep.
You happen to be very wrong.

So why don't you actually post a link to the vid instead of rating me down and throwing around with metaphors?
I've SEEN vids of Spore(of the E3, and others), and I've been to the GC.
I'm SURE they took the underwater phase or how it is called out to put it into a addon, just like the flora editor. That's why I won't buy them.
But I've never seen or even HEARD of going out of your ship in spore.
So stop flaming x.x

MY PROFILE, HAVE A LOOK
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

I am not flaming.
And I did not rate you.

I have flown to the US of A to watch the shows, we have that in common.
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0_U9Tx17RA&feature=related

Around 13:35.
Have fun.
Mastermind69

Multicellular

Parvati wrote:I am not flaming.
And I did not rate you.

Sorry then. I found the "educate yourself before you swim in the deep" a lil bit offensive.
Anyways, I dunno why I'm even complaining. Won't make a chance.

MY PROFILE, HAVE A LOOK
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

Mastermind69 wrote:
Parvati wrote:I am not flaming.
And I did not rate you.

Sorry then. I found the "educate yourself before you swim in the deep" a lil bit offensive.
Anyways, I dunno why I'm even complaining. Won't make a chance.

Please look up.
I have posted the proof.
There is earlier footage but I would need to dive into my fan archive to find those and I don't feel like doing that right now.

If you found that offensive, you will need to adapt.
This place is not very friendly to critical thougt.
williwalli

Multicellular

Wouldn´t argue with this around here, 1200 Posts in less then 4 Weeks speaks more then any of his wanna-be intelligent Metaphorse.

The very defination of a Troll...

1. Has to hang around in the Forums and respond to almost anything...Diva ?

Still don´t believe he even understands it...oh and @TokeyMcBongRip, stop do smoke so much Pot, obviously it hurts parts of your Brain...

Hate comes from the the anger that hides deep inside your Soul, so actually it´s not Sporethat makes you angry...

Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

williwalli wrote:Wouldn´t argue with this around here, 1200 Posts in less then 4 Weeks speaks more then any of his wanna-be intelligent Metaphorse.

The very defination of a Troll...

Still don´t believe he even understands it...oh and @TokeyMcBongRip, stop do smoke so much Pot, obviously it hurts parts of your Brain...

Hate comes from the the anger that hides deep inside your Soul, so actually it´s not Sporethat makes you angry...

Right, I would have expected nothing else of you.
williwalli

Multicellular

See, I was right...

Your insulting people and threatening them to report them to the moderators, whilst at least 99% of ALL your posts, are totally off-topic...and I can tell there´s a hell of Posts from your side.

You wanna know why your responding to almost anything here ?...you wanna be heard ?...why ? Nobody listens to you in real life ? Your a Diva ? Whats that hides inside your Soul that makes you act like that ?

DIVA...say it loud...DIVA !!!

Mastermind69

Multicellular

Okay I watched the vid, and I think the creature he beamed out was pretty much the same as the holo-creature we can beam out in our game
Well anyways, IF Maxis/EA releases a stand-alone addon with the underwater-phase and the flora editor(which should have come with a PATCH, since you can already enter the flora editor), I won't EVER buy anything of EA again.
oh and @williwalli: Since we know each other from the german forums, I thought you know that flaming is bad >.>; Just say your criticism in a more...friendly way

MY PROFILE, HAVE A LOOK
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

williwalli wrote:See, I was right...

Your insulting people and threatening them to report them to the moderators, whilst at least 99% of ALL your posts, are totally off-topic...and I can tell there´s a hell of Posts from your side.

You wanna know why your responding to almost anything here ?...you wanna be heard ?...why ? Nobody listens to you in real life ? Your a Diva ? Whats that hides inside your Soul that makes you act like that ?

DIVA...say it loud...DIVA !!!

Not really.
If you concider me a diva, OK. You are allowed to think that.
But no, i rarly post of topic. Not more then anyone else. But if I am really all that you say. Report me.
Ask to get me banned. If I am a troll I should be banned.

You seem to feel you have an elevated insight on my psyche.
Sind sie gans verarscht? Excuse me for my typo's I speak neither languages as a native one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/21/2008 10:44:54

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: