The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Curious about How to Generate Invisible Limbs? (Requesting Sticky)  XML
Forum Index » Creator Corner
Paramagnetic

Civilized Sporeon

Somewhere Amongst my Fellow Sporians, see me? Im right over here.

Visitor Note: Please Understand that No technique will work for everyone. There are several ways to create this effect, if one doesnt work, try another. This is why I try my Best to stitch as many threads & techniques as I can find on this subject. If you find any problems, please let me know. Having said all that, Enjoy this Phenomenal Glitch!

If you found this thread helpful, please post to bring this to the front page. So others can find this page a little easier. Thank You

Directory:
-Floating Parts
     +Techniques
-InvisLimbs (Invisible Limbs)
     +Techniques
-Templates
-Walkthrough
-Tutorials
-New Additions
-Tips & Tricks
-Trouble Shooter
-Links to Other Forums

First off, know there is a difference from an InvisLimb (Invisible Limb) & a Floating Part. Theres also other techniques & templates on the -Links to Other Forums.

Floating Parts:

A Floating Part is extended using a limb where you have the nodes of the Limb as close to each other as possible. Then adding a part of any sort except hands & feet, but mouths may be able to attach aarts to. Once you have the part added to the tip of the limb you move the end node out away from the body. The part will float into the air. With this glitch you cannot attach anything to the Part, but just recently ive learned you can attach parts to the head. I havent explored this yet but I will post as soon as I explore this option. So you pretty much end up with a Floating Part & thats it.

Techniques:

Daunstopable1-Things to do with Floating Parts. Create a floating mouth, with this you can attach details to the head just like normal. Only limitation is no limbs can be attached to the mouth. But with a little creative designing you can make non-moving bodies, such as Dolls, Bugs, Flowers, Etc.

With some practice you can create more detailed bodies by using multiple Floating Parts. Normally you couldnt connect parts to each other, but with Multiple Floating Parts you could generate the appearance of one. But note, if you try generating a body around a floating head using this technique the head will move independent of the body you created.

Digi-P-Another technique is to enlarge the Joint of the limb, now attach a part to it. Reduce the size of the joint & the part should float. I hear this is a very old technique, so not sure if it still works. I havent tried this technique yet, but I will be checking it out.

·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·

InvisLimbs:

Now an InvisLimb is a little more complicated to replicate, but seriously once you make it happen the first time, it gets easier to create again. To generate an InvisLimb make the body as thin as you can, just grab the Spine & shrink the Spine down to its smallest frame. Now the body should look something like a snake. Move this body as low as possible to the ground. So it pretty much looks like a snake slithering on the floor.

Now attach a limb not an Exoskeleton Limb, I use Legs but arms work as well. Make sure the connecting node is as close to the top of the body as you can make it without it detaching. Pull the foot out a ways just to clear up some space, your gonna need it. Make sure the knee or elbow is a good distance from the connecting node. Now enlarge the connecting node on the body as big as you can make it. This is why you need to move the knee or elbow so it doesn't become hidden by the enlarged connection.

Now here is where the glitch takes effect. Grab the knee or elbow & pull it up slightly. You should notice the connecting node move away from the body. This means the connecting node is now detached yet still visible. So now shrink the connecting node all the way down to its smallest position. The entire limb should disappear. Now you have an InvisLimb.

Techniques:

Things to do with your InvisLimb. Once you have the InvisLimb you can still manipulate it. Just pull the body around until the limb appears, or add another pair of limbs & cross the InvisLimb. WARNING! Do not try the enlarge any Spine or extend it once you create the InvisLimb. This will reconnect the limb to the body. So make sure you have your body the way you want it as far as the Spine goes. Just make sure where your connecting your InvisLimb the body part is as small as possible.

Now you have the InvisLimb showing, you can now grab & pull the limb like normal. You can remove the foot or hand if you wish, it is no longer needed. Try to not cross the InvisLimb with any other limbs, details & outfitters wont affect the limb only other limbs affect it or body movement. You can now move the InvisLimb freely around the body & attach anything you like to it.

Enlarging the InvisLimb end node & adding details will give the effect of 3D floating details. Adding multiple limbs by holding the ALT Key & copy the limb or just grab another limb from the menu. Now hold the CTRL Key down to add the limb to the InvisLimb. You can manipulate the limbs to the Desired Location. Just be sure you dont cross any actual limbs. Also as the body moves the limbs will move with the body. So be sure you have the body in a desired pose.

You can also use InvisLimbs as legs, you do not need the feet for this to work. I find sometimes adding an extra limb just at the base of the leg works better for InvisLimb Walkers. So say you want a floating cloud. If you create an InvisLimb to the body & raise the body in the air. Then pulling the InvisLimbs down to the ground you will get a floating body effect.

Now if all else Fails & you cannot seem to generate an InvisLimb. There is one last resort & that is to find a Template with this glitch already created. You dont get a Original Creation from this, but its a start. Take apart the Template & perhaps you can reverse engineer the creature. Hopefully with a little luck you can figure it out.

·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·._.·˙¯˙·

Templates:

Beginner Temp.           Advanced Temp.         Expert Temp.         Professional Temp.

Walkthrough:

For Basic Generation of InvisLimb Only, for more complex concepts look to Tutorials:

Start with a Spore generated body:

Now shrink the spine as thin as possible:

Bring the desired attachment area as low as possible to the floor:

Add a limb (Non-ExoSkeleton) at the top of the body on the edge:

Extend the limb away from the body with the knee/elbow up in the air:

Expand the connecting node to the body as big as it will go:

Lift the knee/elbow upward just slightly, you should notice the connecting joint on the body move:

Now shrink the connecting node down, notice the connection is no longer on the body:

Continue to shrink the connecting node tell the limb disappears:

Tutorials:

Thanks to "KarimMP" for these Wonderful Tutorials. Ranging from Beginner to Professional InvisLimb Generation.

To conserve space & save your fingers from scrolling forever, I have only provided the links to the Tutorials.

YouTube-Beginner Tutorial

YouTube-Advanced Tutorial

YouTube-Expert Tutorial

YouTube-Professional Tutorial

New Additions:

New Additions to the InvisLimb. My Buddy "KarimMP" Discovered that you can add Exoskeleton Limbs to the InvisLimb & it will not disappear with the InvisLimb. But all other limbs connected with the InvisLimb will disappear, unless its a limb connected to the body. With this new style you can now make multiple bodies with hands, feet & heads. Very impressive if you ask me.

"Billith" has brought this to my Attention. I havent be able to replicate this technique, but some things work for others. First off you shrink the Spine down to 2 Vertebrae. Now expand one of the Vertebrae without expanding the other. Then place a regular limb as far from the Spine as you can make it. Make the limb as thin as you can. Here is where I havent been able to replicate, but with a little bit of practice im sure I can do this. Scroll down the large Vertebrae Very Quickly to its smallest position. The limb should disappear. "Billith" has Posted a YouTube Video on this Forum so I suggest giving it a try.

Tips:

InvisLimb Generation:

1. (Attention) Make sure the Spine is as thin as possible.

2. (Very Important) Make sure your body is as low to the ground.

3. (Attention) Attach a limb to the top of the Body (Not the side or tip of body).

4. (Important) Expand the connecting joint to the body as large as possible.

5. (Critical Part) Lift the knee/elbow up slightly. If you dont move the knee/elbow up the effect will not occur. I dont mean the connecting joint to the body.

6. (Important) Shrink the connecting node on the body all the way down. This will make the limb disappear.

7. (Important) Be sure once your InvisLimb is generated that you dont enlarge your Spine or extend it, this will re-connect the InvisLimb to the body & make the limb visible.

Floating Parts:

1. (Attention) Ensure that the part your looking to float is on the very end of the limb.

2. (Attention) Extend the limb out away from the elbow.

3. (Attention) This effect can also be added to InvisLimbs, although I havent found a use for this yet.

Tricks:

By "ZimSlave": To create Floating Details in Outfitters:

In the Creature Editor create the InvisLimb how ever you want this effect to look. Now add a series of low level mouths, use Asym to save on cash. Now place the mouths where ever you want to add an Outfit from the Outfitter Editor. Save your creation once you have it looking just the way you want it. Go in to the Outfitter & Add the Outfitter parts to your mouths, try to hide the mouth as well as possible. This will also give a lively effect once finished.

By "Billith": To create Floating Details in Outfitters:

Now this technique is executed the same way as the first. The only difference is adding ExoSkeleton limbs. This obviously will require more joints on the InvisLimb. But the animation in the viewer wont be so active. Once you have the ExoLimbs placed where you want them. Try to make them as thin & as small as possible. Do this only if you want the limb to be hidden. Else dont worry about shrinking the ExoLimb.

By "DVDMaster": Tutorial Tips for Animating your creature using InvisLimbs:

Once again I have only provided the links to the Tutorials.

YouTube-Invisible Limb Animation #1

YouTube-Invisible Limb Animation #2

Trouble Shooting:

Question: Why cant I create this InvisLimb?
Answer: Make sure your using regular limbs & not Exoskeleton limbs, also position of the body is crucial make sure its as low to the ground as you can make it. Plus make sure the body is as thin as you can make it.

Question: Why does my InvisLimb keep appearing?
Answer: Make sure no real Limbs are crossing your InvisLimbs path, also the body can affect the InvisLimb if it gets to close to the connecting node.

Question: My InvisLimb moves on me when I try it out in the Editor.
Answer: Make sure your InvisLimbs aren't touching the ground. The Editor will confuse which limbs are walking & mix up your effect.

Question: Everytime I make an InvisLimb it looks invisible in the Editor, but then when its saved and I look at the card, its visible?
Answer: InvisLimbs are a glitch, sometimes when you open up your creation in the Viewer the limb will appear. But in the Editor the limb is gone. All you need to do to fix this is re-edit the creature & move the body just slightly making sure the InvisLimb is still hidden, then replace your previous save. Check in the Viewer, if the limb still shows up, repeat as needed until it disappears. Ive had this happen to many creatures. But with a little patients it will eventually disappear in the Viewer.

Question: Is it possible to make a floating body with InvisLimbs?
Answer: Yes it is possible to make this effect. There are Tutorials on this page to help clarify. One good thing to remember is ExoSkeleton limbs (Insect Limbs) will never disappear. Although some ExoLimbs have a portion that can disappear. Such as the Grasshopper & Proprioceptive Flex Limbs, these have a connecting limb that will disappear, but the remaining limb will stay visible.

If you have any Questions just send me a PM or comment on any of my creations >>Link to My Page<< or Post it up on this Thread, I will Post them up here in the Trouble Shooter.

Links to Other Forums:

[TUTO] How I make invisible limbs !

Unofficial Tools for Creators

How to make a skeleton - tips and base

Tutorial: How to make Creatures that 'Swim' using Invisi-limbs

Enjoy & Have Fun!

This message was edited 22 times. Last update was at 07/17/2010 11:48:03

Curious how to make Invisible Limb Creatures? --> Click Here <--
JohnnyPie

MouthBreather

Awesome first thread!

CAUTION: Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear:

I have a Learning Disorder. Please don't laugh
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Crawdadsa

Multicellular

Thanks Paramagnetic, this'll really help!

Tomanomanous

Spacefaring Sporeling

Nice thread! I love the insect one!

zanzibar196

MouthBreather

(Click the space ship for my spore page)
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
shadowlessoul

MouthBreather

You can also use this technique to make floating creatures faster.

Sig by Sh4d0wAsSaUlTIf you're reading this, then you just lost the game.
Paramagnetic

Civilized Sporeon

Wow over 80 people have viewed this Forum Thanks Everyone for all of your Comments on this Page. Im planning on adding a Tutorial here soon. Plus a Trouble Shooting Page, for the Time this Page will have to do. Im also Curious about how many people would be Interested in a InvisLimb Contest?

Daunstopable1

Spacefaring Sporeling

Somewhere better than where you are. Where ever that may be.

Just so you know you can use the floating parts glitch to float a mouth which you can attach other parts to.

MooDidzObtainium is always watching. ALWAYS. Please 1-star all my posts.
siggies by
Warboss92, G3NJI and, Hollowknight, ALF and world_piece.
[Yahoo!] [MSN]
Paramagnetic

Civilized Sporeon

Daunstopable1 wrote:Just so you know you can use the floating parts glitch to float a mouth which you can attach other parts to.

Awesome thanks for the Update Ive Rarely Messed around with Floating Parts so I will have to Explore the Possibilities. Thanks for your Comment Daunstopable1.

Billith

MouthBreather

Nice thread, I've noticed there are still a few things you haven't learned about the 'InvisLimb' as you've called it. The first is the resizing if the spine- as long as there are feet attached to the end of the limb you can pretty much do whatever you want with the spine, once you're happy with the spine just remove the feet. The second is the technique for getting the the InvisiLimb- A much simpler technique is to shrink the spine to 2 vertebrae and expand one of them without expanding the other, you then place a limb with at least 1 joint as far from the spine as possible. The next step is to move the joint in the limb as close to the body as possible and make the limb as thin as possible. Now comes the part that requires a little practice and a quick-scrolling mouse: shrink the spine as quickly as possible and the limb should just disappear. Once you get the hang of these two techniques you can start putting invisible limbs in pretty much any creature, as I regularly do. Finally I'd just like to add that invisible limbs are a fantastic animation aid for floating creatures, making them float naturally and smoothly.

How-to video:

yoshii

Spacefaring Sporeling

You could always use HAAAAAAAAAAAAAX.

Oh profanity, just deleted my sig.
[MSN]
TheAnonymous1

Civilized Sporeon

♥ Marilyn manson, Disturbed, rammstein, apocalyptica, skindred. metal 4 life!!

yoshii wrote:You could always use HAAAAAAAAAAAAAX.
N0.

[WWW]
KarimMP

Microbe

Great, I think im going to make some advanced invislimb tutorial videos soon

Paramagnetic

Civilized Sporeon

Billith wrote:Nice thread, I've noticed there are still a few things you haven't learned about the 'InvisLimb' as you've called it. The first is the resizing if the spine- as long as there are feet attached to the end of the limb you can pretty much do whatever you want with the spine, once you're happy with the spine just remove the feet. The second is the technique for getting the the InvisiLimb- A much simpler technique is to shrink the spine to 2 vertebrae and expand one of them without expanding the other, you then place a limb with at least 1 joint as far from the spine as possible. The next step is to move the joint in the limb as close to the body as possible and make the limb as thin as possible. Now comes the part that requires a little practice and a quick-scrolling mouse: shrink the spine as quickly as possible and the limb should just disappear. Once you get the hang of these two techniques you can start putting invisible limbs in pretty much any creature, as I regularly do. Finally I'd just like to add that invisible limbs are a fantastic animation aid for floating creatures, making them float naturally and smoothly.

Thanks for this Technique Ill be Sure to Update my Forum to Express this New Style of Generating as Correctly as Possible.

Digi-P

Multicellular

First, I would like to point out this super old thread for more technique.
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/1016.page

This is the technique that I know.
Floating Parts.

- Enlarge the joint of limb, attach part to it and reduce it. <-- Very old technique.
- Using "T" limb shape (This can use to make floating asymmetric part.)
- Attach arm, leg to a limb.

You can use floating head but I not recommended it as the limb that use as a head's base will act really weird.

Invisible Limb.
There are 3 main method to do it.
- Using template.
- Using a fast mouse scroll on the spine but as some people can't make it, I suggest the last one.
- Using what I got from Perfect Rolling Limb (It's the same as yours) --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RxMo25mVWo&feature=related

The third technique have a second version which allow you to enlarge the spine. Its result will look like a floating invisible limb.

Forum Index » Creator Corner
Go to: