The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Ok, seriously, how do we get rid of the Grox? Brainstorm people!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
DarwinsProof

Microbe

The space stage was just O.K. to deal with until I, like many others, flew through Grox territory and am now constantly under attack from them. I am absolutely sick and tired of the Grox. I don't understand why most people are like "Well just wipe them out one by one." Look at this picture of someone who allied with them http://truth.no-ip.org/grox2.jpg Now look at this picture http://truth.no-ip.org/grox3.jpg

Are you really thinking that they can defeated with a planet by planet method to wipe them out? It is UNREASONABLE. This is not the way Space should be played, with a constant game of "Babysit your empire, and it's not going to expand anyway."

So I'm asking everyone here, let us brainstorm. They can be defeated... there's a badge for it. It's up to us to figure out how. I've been considering combing as much of space as I can for clues of a home planet for them. Perhaps there's something at the tip end of one of the arms of the galaxy. Perhaps using the 'you know what' to its full extent on only Grox planets does something. Or maybe the devs have just screwed up royally and gave us what is supposed to be an unbeatable Arch-nemesis, which is just truly annoying.

So let's figure it out!
Murmur95

Microbe

only way to get rid of them is to go make a colony by their area, buy a colony tool, bomb their colony until it blows up, fly back to yours, heal and then when you moved far enough build up a colony and rinse and repeat.
Jiman

Multicellular

murmur95 wrote:only way to get rid of them is to go make a colony by their area, buy a colony tool, bomb their colony until it blows up, fly back to yours, heal and then when you moved far enough build up a colony and rinse and repeat.

You need to Terraform their planets to get rid of them.
strayth

Microbe

A friend of mine is trying to befriend the Grox. Apparently everyone else hates him and they're only neutral after millions and millions given, and tons of missions performed. Poor guy!

Spore Wiki for your ease of reference. And here's the GameFAQ references.
zapit

Microbe

i am almost done defeating the grox
Jbotski

Civilized Sporeon

Pandora, looking for the Vault. No, not THAT Pandora!

i know how that feels... just not grox though, like i once fought off a alien invasion (as pirates jacked my spice ) then i leave the solar system AND THEY ATTACK AGAIN god, one of these days ill get the careless parent achievement

SPACE IS TOO TEDIOUS

oh and the game
voidster

Microbe

hehehe people are modding the grox out of the universe ive heard. But more back to the point, i can tell ya what i do know. Never bring alliy ships along with you if your intentions is to become a grox ally. The idiot allies get into a fight and you get right into a war with the grox. I think you only get one chance at it.

the only other way i can think of to defeat them is to destroy every single planet they own, or somehow create a barrier around them to stop the invasion. So far nothign seems to work. I can wipe out every planet i find of theirs and i still hear from my homeworld about invasions and such.

just for kicks im going to cheat my way up the ladder and spend a few hours wiping out the grox just to see what happens.

Remember children you are not your post count, big sporing deal.
Lightning25X

Microbe

I have not made it too the Space Stage yet, because I did something stupid on my file in the Creature Stage, and I can't play it until I find a cool original name for my planet and species. But I want to get rid of them instead of befriending them. Will Planet Busters do anything?

I didn't have a signature so I went and got one.
hunterseeker23

Microbe

Get through the grox to the galactic core, cool movie in it. But to defeat them, the only way I found that seems to work is to the following. note, I haven't completely gotten rid of them all yet due to the limits on movement that close to the core.

Seed/make allies with civilizations near the Grox. Ideally at various points near them and around black holes.
Have your allies attack them from various points while you attack them. Planet busters do work but you get negative hits from your allies for doing it.
Concentrate on their cities, use antimatter bombs directly above them. Ignore their ships unless you absolutely have no choice. Hit and run tactics are best in this case.
It takes a LONG while to clear a path to the core and you will see that their empire branches out from there in almost all directions.

I've never tried terraforming their planets since I am usually trying to stay alive but all of the ones I have seen are T0 class.

good luck!

NielsUtrecht

Microbe

!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Guys, really, it's simple. Make sure your ship has the terraforming tools to terraform a T0 planet to a T1 planet. Land on a planet, terraform it to T1, presto, any Grox colonies are GONE. If you leave the planet and return, all remaining Grox ships are gone aswell. You only need to attack a few ships that defend the planets, no need to attack the cities (stay clear from them), no need to bring allies, just plop down a colony of your own every now and then to refuel.

The Grox CANNOT live on T1 or higher planets, so just tform them from T0 to T1 and they're gone.
Johnnyoonoes

Microbe

Most of the suggestions people are giving are how to kill a single grox planet... How about beating them completely? It seems the only way to stop them from attacking right now is allying with them. I have pretty much completely cleared them from the center of the galaxy, but now I am finding stars that are too far to reach, because of the gravity wells.

I made a post on it here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/517.page
Alcuin

Microbe

I've simply ignored when it says that one of my planets is being attacked. Don't click on the communication button. Don't go to the planet when it's under attack. Then, after the attack is long gone, I went onto that planet to see what damage they did, and NOTHING was changed. The planet was fine. Nothing was wrong with it.

The secret to defeating the Grox is to.... IGNORE THEM. Anyone else tried this method? Does it work for them?
Midin

Microbe

Space has the most potential but is the most tedious. Might have called it "Adventures in Babysitting".

and omg can we get an autopilot please?!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/13/2008 18:26:44

TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

I have allied with the grox, the best way to get on their good side is by blowing planets up nearby, they love that.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/13/2008 18:27:38

aim icon [MSN]
Johnnyoonoes

Microbe

You don't need to babysit. Build your defenses and forget. Only babysit the planets you really care about. blue/purple/pink/green spice planets. And if you have a lot of those colors, then seriously don't care at all and enjoy the game.

Oh and no alliances... they are really annoying.

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: