The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Hero Wallpaper Challenge - Arastoph won!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

Winner: Arastoph!
Congratulations, your wallpaper creature will be featured soon.

Finalists Announced!
Click the thumbnails for quick links to the posts, or scroll down for larger versions right here. Vote by 12/2/09

1. Hero Wallpaper By arastoph

2. Hero Wallpaper By world_piece

3. Hero Wallpaper By Malganis_Lefay

4. Hero Wallpaper By TALK2myHAND

5. Hero Wallpaper By krakenmk

6. Hero Wallpaper By Dragonvoid

7. Hero Wallpaper By willco44

8. Hero Wallpaper By DeKDeS

9. Hero Wallpaper By Delta317

10. Hero Wallpaper By Bobeagle77

Update: The challenge deadline has passed. Check back soon for finalists posting!

You blew us away with your talent during the last wallpaper challenge so we're having a new one!

Spore Hero for the Wii is coming out on Oct 6th, and to celebrate we're having a Hero themed challenge. Make an image for your desktop that incorporates some of the background art or creatures from Spore Hero.

Create the best wallpaper, post it here, and compete for a chance to win the Hero Wallpaper Challenge!

Resources:
• Background Art from Spore Hero

• Character Art from Spore Hero

• Logo:

How to post an image on the Sporum
Fansite kit 1
Fansite kit 2
Spore Hero site

How to Submit:
• Make a cool creation in any editor - publish it with the tag mcherowallpaperchallenge
• Create a wallpaper that incorporates an image of this creation and any art from Spore Hero (dimensions 1024x768x)
• Upload your wallpaper to the web and post a link to it here on the forum along with the name of the creation used

Prize
Glory - as always - and a chance to be featured on Spore.com

Rules:
Your creation:
• must not have any parent authored by a different creator.
• must not have any offensive creation in its lineage (any parent or child creations).
• must not have any offensive material, links or references to other sites in the submission's tags, name, or description
Your wallpaper:
• must be an original piece of art created by you, but may incorporate imagery from Spore screenshots, fansite kits, and above listed Hero resources.
• must not have any offensive or copyrighted material (other than the images available in the fansite kit), links or references to other sites in the submission's tags, name, or description

Submissions that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered to win this challenge.

Additional Requirements:
• Your creation may be made in any creator
• Your wallpaper may be made using any image editing program
• You can submit as many wallpapers as you’d like
• All submissions must be in by 11:00 AM PST Friday (10/28/09)

Wallpaper Challenge FAQ

Q: Can a wallpaper incorporate more than one of my creations?
Yep, you can incorporate as many of your own creations as you like, as long as you include at least one.

Q: Can I use a creation that I already made? Can I edit an older creation and use it in this?
Yes, you can use any of your own creations as long as they were originally authored by you.

Q: Will my wallpaper change the look of the Sporum?
A: No, the goal is to create a desktop wallpaper for use as people's desktop backgrounds. The Sporum skin will not change as a result of this challenge.

Q: Can I use a creation someone else made in this in addition to my own creation?
A: No. All creations used must be by you, but you can supplement the art with scenery from Spore or any of the images available in our fansite kits.

Q: Should I be nesting quotes with other people's images in them?
A: Please don't. If you need to nest quotes, please remove embedded images to keep this thread organized and clean.

Q: Can I use images of the Grox?
A: Yes, the Grox can be incorporated into your image.

Q: Are we allowed to use the stylefilter cheats when taking screenshots for our pics?
A: Yes!

Q: Can I use the Spore logo or Spore Hero? I saw that I can't use copyrighted material.
A: Yes, you can use any image in the fansite kit, including the Spore logo. The copyrighted material rule has been updated to clarify this.

Q: Can the wallpaper be animated?
A: No. Your wallpaper should be in PNG or JPG format.

Q: how do u put ur spore screenshots on one of the available backgrounds?
A: If you take screenshots of creatures using the black background in the creature editor, the saved files will have transparent backgrounds. Use an image editing program such as photoshop to layer these images to your liking. If you use screenshots from Spore Gameplay, you may want to use character art (provided above) to overlap the screenshots. Beyond that, it's up to you, just be creative.

Q: So this background, can it be anything? Like, one of the supplied artwork posters, or can it also be a screenshot we took in-game?
A: Any of these ideas are acceptable. The point is to incorporate some of the Hero art we've posted, and at least one of your own creations (so we have something to feature). How you do this is up to you!

Q: Can we tamper with the background? Like, use various editing tools to change it?

Q: Can we tamper with the picture of our creation?

Q: Are we allowed to have text on the walllpaper?

Q: Can we have more than one entry?
A: Yes, but keep them in seperate posts.

Q: What file extension should my entry be in?
A: JPG or PNG

Q: Do we have to incorporate some of the elements supplied in the OP to be eligible for the contest, or are we free to disregard them in favour of our own components?
A: Since the theme of this challenge is Hero Wallpaper, you must include some thing from Spore Hero, but this can be as prominent or unprominent as you like. It's up to you.

This message was edited 12 times. Last update was at 12/09/2009 19:14:48

[WWW]
Jaratos

Microbe

how do u put ur spore screenshotson one of the available backgrounds

In Need of an Actual signature
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
TheProGraM

Microbe

(In my Head think of something that would Bore you!)

Humm How odd it says this post happened One Day A Head From Now !

My Spore

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-TheProGraM%7C500387166640
[WWW]
adzac2

Multicellular

what waste of a spore day .......

My Sporepage
Library's are for true readers! Whereas bookstores are for the elite reading fellows.
GhidoranX

MouthBreather

Okay I'm kinda confused as to what the criteria is,

1. So this background, can it be anything? Like, one of the supplied artwork posters, or can it also be a screenshot we took in-game?

2. Can we tamper with the background? Like, use various editing tools to change it?

3. Can we tamper with the picture of our creation?

4. Are we allowed to have text on the walllpaper?

5. Can we have more than one entry?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/29/2009 01:37:59

N-Gin_Creator

Civilized Sporeon

GhidoranX wrote:Okay I'm kinda confused as to what the criteria is,

1. So this background, can it be anything? Like, one of the supplied artwork posters, or can it also be a screenshot we took in-game?

2. Can we tamper with the background? Like, use various editing tools to change it?

3. Can we tamper with the picture of our creation?

4. Are we allowed to have text on the walllpaper?

5. Can we have more than one entry?

1)i would think so. with GA you could possible make your own Spore Hero background/
2) OBVIOUSLY YES. it wouldn't look very good if i just slapped one of my creations on one of the spore hero backgrounds.
3)refer to no.2
4)my opinion: rather don't add any, except for the name "Spore Hero".

DeKDeS

MouthBreather

MC: What about file extension? PSD, JPEG, PNG, BMP ?? let us know please, and am we totally free in using the power of our graphic programs, including filtering, layer effects and the whole circus?

I will join, but just for the fun of it.

tip to the community: Imageshack has a better free support for larger images, Photobucket might autoscale them down on a free account!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/29/2009 14:38:22

[WWW]
Delta317

MouthBreather

Under your chair, slowly reaching out towards your ankle...

I missed the last wallpaper challenge, but now that it's here I fully intend to have a punt at this one.

Just a small question- do we have to incorporate some of the elements supplied in the OP to be elegible for the contest, or are we free to disregard them in favour of our own components?

I would assume the latter, but I'd sooner be certain before I got stuck in.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, can we put forward vehicles as the entered creation, rather than just creatures?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/29/2009 17:44:24

MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

Updated the FAQ with answers to all your questions.
[WWW]
DeKDeS

MouthBreather

EDIT: made a mistake! see my latest post.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 09/30/2009 15:32:28

[WWW]
Paramagnetic

Civilized Sporeon

Somewhere Amongst my Fellow Sporians, see me? Im right over here.

Hmmmm, this sounds like an Interesting

Ill try coming up with something

Curious how to make Invisible Limb Creatures? --> Click Here <--
DeKDeS

MouthBreather

The point is to incorporate some of the Hero art we've posted,

WHOOPS!

Sorry MC, I seem to misread it somehow, but no matter, luckily I always save my layered PSD files for a quick re-edit:

Now including Spore Hero given ART, and I've changed the text a bit to fit the scene better.

EDIT!: Also made a second one!

Asset used both images: Mewy pre hero

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/04/2009 19:34:53

[WWW]
Da Paulsta

Microbe

http://centerfocus.weebly.com/uploads/2/8/6/4/286453/1571299.png?600x448

that's it! it's good quality, so u can zoom in.

DeKDeS

MouthBreather

Da Paulsta wrote:http://centerfocus.weebly.com/uploads/2/8/6/4/286453/1571299.png?600x448

that's it! it's good quality, so u can zoom in.

Just some friendly advice: MC wrote this:

Create a wallpaper that incorporates an image of this creation and any art from Spore Hero (dimensions 1024x768x)

Now I don't know if all the images have to be 1024x768,( MC??) but yours is 600x448.

[WWW]
Delta317

MouthBreather

Under your chair, slowly reaching out towards your ankle...

My preliminary Entry: "Where there's a Hero, there is a Villain."

Perhaps, as the deadline draws nearer, I shall create more...

Creation used: The Masked

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: