The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Metamorphosis Challenge - Winner: snuitergup!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

Winner: snuitergup with Colossus Metamorphosis!

Finalists:

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Deino's metamorphosis by o2_zone

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Diversity of the Chraal By Phaws

Relic Mordsect By zachd94

Métamorphose Papibeb By Berbert77

UBD - Decay Virus By A-ROD

Colossus Metamorphosis By snuitergup

Murtaje By Nolat885

Gizagen By thezethrock

Guloth By yertle96

Creep Spawn Metamorphosis By Jomeaga

Vergalons By froglord

Ice Wolaks By utopia_design

Carnivore Butterfly By masqeurain3

Thopia By Kuzuki

Goae Fish Cycle By kmart666

Malganis Lefays Princess By Malganis_Lefay

Deadline To Enter Passed
The deadline to enter creations has passed. Check back next week to see if your entry creation has made it into the finalist voting round.

Challenge Details
If you played the latest Maxis adventure, The Metamorphosis, you may have noticed that a disturbing transformation has taken place.

In the Metamorphosis Challenge, make your own transformation with at least three creations that illustrate three stages of a creature's life!

Not sure what to make? Your creations can represent a realistic earthly creature's metamorphosis, such as a caterpillar/pupa/butterfly, or you can invent your own twisted alien metamorphosis.

Example Creations:

What will the challenge winner get?

A chance to be featured on Spore.com!

We'll post our favorite submissions here, then YOU get to vote for which one is your top pick! The winner may be featured if it meets our criteria for featured creations.

• It must not have any parent authored by a different creator.
• It must not have any offensive creation in its lineage (any parent or child creations).
• It must not have any links or references to other sites in the submission's tags, name, or description

Submissions that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered for the poll

How to Enter:
• Create three or more creatures in the creature editor. Publish these with the tag MCMorphChallenge.
• Add all creations in your metamorphosis series to a SporeCast tagged with MCMorphChallenge.
• Optional: Post screenshots and links here on the forum

Rules:
• All creations in your Sporecast entry must be made by you.
• Your creations must be made in the creature/accessory editors.
• You can submit as many Sporecasts as you like with as many creations as you like. Remember that each Sporecast should only contain representations of one species.
• All submissions must be in by 11:00am PDT 10/8

Challenge FAQ

Q: Does it have to fit into the bizarre bug-like stages of larva-pupa-adult, or could it be more of a child-adult-weakened adult? I've already made a few evolutionary creations that go through the insect cycle, and I kinda want to do something different than the obvious. - jwmd2
A: As with most of these challenges, we aren't strict with how you interpret the challenge prompt. As long as you explain your more off-kilter entries in the description, they will be considered.

Q: Are finalists chosen based on looks or description? - Westonro
A: Maxis looks at all elements of the creation when choosing finalists. Obviously, the overall aesthetic weighs heavily, but a clever name and description can tip the scales in your favor. Keep in mind that when we post finalists, we do not include the description, however a link will direct others to the Sporepedia where they can view it. It's up to other players to click the link when they are voting to read the complete description.

Q: Can entries be made in the accessory editors? - Westonro
A: Yes. The accessory editors can be used to enhance your creatures.

Q: Can any of my entries be creatures I've created in the past?
A: Yes.

This message was edited 21 times. Last update was at 11/20/2009 22:23:18

[WWW]
gulpinking444

Civilized Sporeon

Wow, how many minutes ago did this start? Nobody's posting.

Edit... again: So you mean like a hatchery?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/08/2009 22:15:59

Real men don't use sigs, they just click links.
Don't you want to be a real man? Click here!
[Email] [WWW]
SeanStar25

MouthBreather

Must...enter...
@gulpin:No, I think it's like a person one way at one part, then changes, then changes again.

[WWW]
Bobeagle77

MouthBreather

I will definitely try this challenge! This is a great idea for a challenge.

Prometheus09

Civilized Sporeon

No kidding, I just saw this on Facebook... might have to come out my work-induced hiatus for this one

Galactic Adventures... looks like it's going to be another non-tanned summer!
Prometheus09's Profile
[WWW]
gulpinking444

Civilized Sporeon

SeanStar25 wrote:Must...enter...
@gulpin:No, I think it's like a person one way at one part, then changes, then changes again.
I know what you mean, now.
I'll make mine after I re-install spore.

[Email] [WWW]
jwmd2

Civilized Sporeon

I'm Old Gregg! Do you love mee? Make an assessment.

Quick question: Does it have to fit into the bizarre bug-like stages of larva-pupa-adult, or could it be more of a child-adult-weakened adult? I've already made a few evolutionary creations that go through the insect cycle, and I kinda want to do something different than the obvious.

~Ita erat quando hic adveni.~JICC|My Sporepedia| My deviantART Page

<<Awesome sig made by Pinnacle Sig's Moejoe18>>

[WWW]
OrionsMajesty

Microbe

On Planet Littae, chilling with the Hereto Race

Ooh, this sounds fun. I'll have to get right on scripting an adventure. I have several ideas already.

Possibility is greater than actuality.
gulpinking444

Civilized Sporeon

jwmd2 wrote:Quick question: Does it have to fit into the bizarre bug-like stages of larva-pupa-adult, or could it be more of a child-adult-weakened adult? I've already made a few evolutionary creations that go through the insect cycle, and I kinda want to do something different than the obvious.
That's a great question. Maybe pming her will get the answer?

[Email] [WWW]
SeanStar25

MouthBreather

jwmd2 wrote:Quick question: Does it have to fit into the bizarre bug-like stages of larva-pupa-adult, or could it be more of a child-adult-weakened adult? I've already made a few evolutionary creations that go through the insect cycle, and I kinda want to do something different than the obvious.

I believe as long as it's any kind of change, it will do.

[WWW]
rhettt

Microbe

i'll try this, but that adventure was not really good, but the details were good.

gulpinking444

Civilized Sporeon

SeanStar25 wrote:

I believe as long as it's any kind of change, it will do.
If you think about it, no. If you did an evolution, it probably wouldn't be included.

[Email] [WWW]
MataRahi

GalacticGod

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plaaain

Stupid question of the day: Can we use parts from the simple creature editor, by creating a creature and then editing it?

Mata is a he/him/his
[Email]
HollowKnight

Civilized Sporeon

Another awesome challenge! Good idea MC!
BOWSERFAN

MouthBreather

The enclosed instruction book. Check it out.

Pokemon evolutions would count as transformations, right? If Pokemon and their evolutions are allowed then I can foresee a flood of Pokemon.

This sig is gonna be boring for a fair while.

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: