The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

The Creature DNA Card Generator! Make random creatures!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
DeKDeS

MouthBreather

*Last global update October 14th, 2015:updated dna hosting location, fixed images 1st post

DEAR FANS! I have pulled the plug on the challenge where i used the generator to create assignments for you, but I did not wanted to kill your fun, therefore I have released this generator so that you now forever can make new random creatures using this generator

Hereby I release to you all the CORE generator, so you can still make DNA creatures according to your own generated random parts:

!CLICK HERE FOR THE DNA GENERATOR!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
global explanation:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Creature DNA Card Generator!

Lets get started with the Global explanation:

In this Generator you will see , randomly generated "DNA Assignment Cards" per part category. These DNA Cards will show images and the names of the creature parts needed for the current assignment.

The purpose is to make a creature from scratch and only use those parts that are showed on the DNA cards per part category in the generated result.

Try making a screenshot of your generated result amd Post your results in this topic along with a picture of your creature(s) you made with the result, don't forget to provide a link to it so people might comment them on your sporepage!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO OWN C&C and/or Patch 3 parts!

No problem!!
This generator is for everybody who has at least a version of the full creator creator, this why you will see two Generated outcomes:

The first set of parts on the left are the Main Assignment Parts - Everyone who owns the "Creepy & cute" and "Patch 3 limbs" parts, can use this to create their creature.

The second parts on the right side are the None C&C/Patch 3 parts - These assignment parts are a replacement for the randomly generated parts of the "Main Assignment Parts" for those people who do not own "Creepy&cute" and/or Patch 3 parts.

Also you could choose to make a mix of both generated outcomes if you own all expansions of the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The DNA Cards: The Global Explanation.

This is a DNA card:

Image 1:

Legend of the numbers:

1. The part "Category" indicator:

This indicator on the DNA card shows the in game part category in which you can find the part to use for the assignment.
These are the different in game category icons:

Image 2:

From left to right:
Mouths|Eyes|Senses|Arms|Legs|Hands|Feet|Weapons|Details

As you can see this represents the in game creator creator category icons, the only exception here is that I have divided 2 of the main categories:
The Eyes&Senses, and the Arms&Legs.
With the Senses different from the eyes, is meant the parts like noses, ears, antenna's which in game you will find under the "eyes" category also.

2. The expansion indicator:

This indicator on the DNA card will show what spore expansion contains the part needed.
If there is no indicator on this spot, it means that its a standard creature creator part.
Notice that users without C&C or patch 3 will have to look at the alternative generated parts in the assignment and use those.
Otherwise on this spot these two icons could be shown:

Image 3:

From left to right:
Patch 3 parts|Creepy & Cute parts

3. Main part indicator:

This section of the DNA card will show you an image of the part to use for the assignment.
Notice that sometimes there could be a whole other image here, but that is explained later.

4. In game Part Name indicator:

This will show the name of the part to use as it appears in the creator creator.
As you can see the name is shown in the Dutch and English language. This is because some people from the Netherlands chose for the English installation, and because back in the days that I had created the cards, I was already thinking of releasing this challenge international too.

Special DNA CARDS!

There are special DNA cards that can be showed in the assignments.

The Joker DNA Card:

Joker DNA cards can occur for "every" part category.

When a Joker DNA card is showed for a specific category it simply means that you are free to choose what kind of parts and how many of them you add to your creature. You also may choose more then 1 different parts from that category. OR you could decide not to add the part category at all! (but for mouths you have too, otherwise it cannot be uploaded)

Here is an example of a Joker DNA card:

The above Joker DNA card is for senses, meaning you can apply any of these below senses:

The FORBIDDEN DNA Card:

The Forbidden DNA card can occur in "every" category except for the "mouth" category.

When a Forbidden DNA card is showed for a specific category, you may NOT add any part for that category.

Here is an example of a Forbidden DNA card:

The above forbidden DNA card is for the "feet" category, simply meaning that your creature may NOT have feet parts added.

The NUMBER DNA Card:

The Number DNA card can be shown only in the categories: "Arms" "legs" and "Eyes".

When a Number DNA card is shown it acts like a "joker DNA card" but with the rule that you must keep to the exact amount of parts indicated by the number that is showed. So not more but none less then the indicated number on the Number DNA card. Also different from the Joker card, you MUST add the category part and cannot decided not to add it.

Example:

The above Number DNA card is for the "arms" category, meaning that you can choose to add 5 different arms, or 5 of the same arms, just as long as the amount is 5, none more none less.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This concludes the Global explanation of the DNA cards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation & rules

Start creating a new creature using the indicated parts of the assignment.

1. you must use the indicated part for each of the generated categories. Nothing else but the given part. You may decide how much of the given part you place.

* Please try to keep the parts visible and not hidden within the creature.

2. Only when a "joker DNA card" is shown for a category, may you decide for yourself what kind of part of that category you want to use and how many of them. Notice that you are free to use more then 1 different kind of part for the category that shows a joker DNA card. for example: 1 or more different kinds of mouth when it is shown in the mouth category or more then 1 kind of eyes. You may also ignore to add the part for this category.
January 5 2010 note: This challenge does not include Dr.pepper robot parts, but if a joker card drops you may add those if you are able to upload the creature.

3. Only when a "number DNA card" is shown for a part category you must keep to that amount. However you may choose what kind of part of that category you use. You may NOT ignore this part category.
January 5 2010 note: This challenge does not include Dr.pepper robot parts, but if a number card drops you may add those if you are able to upload the creature.

4. Only when a "Forbidden DNA Card" is shown for a part category, you may not use any parts for that category at all.

----------------------------------------------
Below this you can find some faqs
-----------------------------------------------
FAQs:

Question:
What is the main purpose of this generator
Answer:
The main reason is being creative, and experiencing new fun ways to create. Globally its about following random generated DNA Card instructions.

Question:
Can I use outfitters?
Answer:
Sure things the generator is only made to generate random creature parts.

Question:
Am I free in naming my creature and description and tags?
Answer:
Yes, perhaps its fun to add " DNA generator " to your tags.

Question:
May i cheat "more dna"?
Answer:
yes. If you need to, you can.

Question:
If you have a arm (or leg), is it necessary to have a hand (or foot) at the end of the limb? for example, could you use a arm as a tail (with no hand at the end)?
Answer:
This could indeed happen when for the feet or hand category a "Joker card is shown" meaning you can ignore feet or hands and use the needed limb as a tail.

But also, if your creature must have 4 legs then you could add 3 legs to the creature and use the fourth leg as a tail (thus leaving out the feet)

So it is at least necessary to show a feet or hand if its a required card. if a kind of leg part is shown which must be included then you may always use that part more then once, but then you may not use a random leg from the leg category. Only when a Joker or number card drops may you decide what kind of leg from the leg category you wish to use as a tail or neck or whatever you intend to do with it.

Question:
If you have a requirement to use a specific limb, do you have to use the whole limb as it comes off the part palette? Or can you just use segments from the limb: convert a 3 segment limb to a 2 segment limb, or change the order of the limbs segments?
Answer:
The whole purpose is to be creative with the required part, so yes. But then don't attach other leg category parts.
You may however combine with segments from other legs if a number or joker card drops for this category

Question:
How do limbs requirements work if you are going to do limb sculpting (especially with the insect limbs)? By limb sculpting, I mean using limbs to make chest muscles, or spikes, or torsos.
Answer:
I will repeat
The whole purpose is to be creative with the required part, so yes. But then don't attach other leg category parts.
You may however combine with segments from other legs if a number or joker card drops for this category.

Question:
Can you put a hand on a leg segment (to convert it to an arm)?
Answer:
As long as you use the required parts (if given) yes.

and yes you may combine the required leg segments with the required arm segments.

Question:
Can we resize the limbs?
Answer:
As long as you use the required parts (if given) yes.

Now go ahead, be creative, but above all have fun!

------------------------------------

This message was edited 138 times. Last update was at 10/14/2015 20:12:39

[WWW]
AapBurger

Civilized Sporeon

Wat een verhaal zeg.. ^^

Sounds like fun, perhaps I'll make one. =)

odDballL

Multicellular

Sounds like fun to me. I'm there.

[WWW]
shadowhedgehog

Multicellular

Looking for lost ninjas, if you find a ninja please return it to me for 5 internets and a cookie.

This sounds like fun. But just a note, ADDDNA does not prevent your creations from being uploaded. It also allows for really complex and awesome creations.

Jelliphish

GalacticGod

Ha, this sounds fun. I'm in. I'll post again when i'm finished

[WWW] [Yahoo!]
phlyingphish

Microbe

Sweet!! I've been looking for something like this! I'll check the assingment and you should probably hear from me soon!

odDballL

Multicellular

Got my first one up. This was an interesting challenge and I might even do another one for this first assignment.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500446112192

[WWW]
DeKDeS

MouthBreather

Hi there all!

Ok first my responds to people who have posted:

To AapBurger: In Dutch he wrote me something that translates like " Wow WHAT a story!" because I know its a lot of text to read.

But let me ensure you guys that the whole "story" is mainly meant as a "guideline".
For each new assignment, if it uses special cards, I will explain exactly what the meaning are of those cards.

So new people who kind of skipped the first post, YOU ARE LAZY! no no hahaha just kidding, I could understand why, but to put the challenge in a nut shell: Make a creature using only the parts of the main assignment, and if you do not got C&C or patch 3 parts, use the Alternative assignment, furthermore just read the current assignment for the special instructions concerning special DNA cards.

To odDballL:

The creation you have made is perfect! its added to the DNA Card Challenge Sporecast

To shadowhedgehog:

Ah ok I see, I will rephrase the FAQ about that in the first post, thank you!

To Jelliphish:

Glad you like it, notice that its ok if you post it here on the sporum, the only thing is that the new assignments are posted on SNW, and please people do not re-post the SNW assignment image here, because then it could cause confusions about which set of DNA cards will be the current, remember, people do not have to sign up to SNW to see the challenge, but feel free, its your internet

To phlyingphish:

I think I should had posted this much earlier, when it was still a Dutch only challenge, but the fun is that as long as people like this, I'll make sure to keep them entertained with more DNA card sets.

To everyone:

Please notice that immediately after posting this message I will be updating the first post of this topic, so you might want to check it within 30 minutes or so (Depending if I am in a story mood, haha just kidding Aapburger, i'll try to keep it short this time )

I'm glad some people like this challenge, notice that there are a lot of great challenges here, if you have your own challenge, and might been overlooked because of the massive amount of challenges/competitions, also feel free to post your challenge(s) on the Sporenetwork Challenge forum!

[WWW]
OpDDay2001

Microbe

Here's something I made for this. It's a bit orthodox but it should do.

Image:

Sporepedia Card:

Link to Sporepedia Entry:
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500446583893

Description:
The Wading Swampstomper hunts the marshes and swamps of it home planet, primarily remaining as still as possible and then snatch out at its prey with its mouths.

Edit: Fixed the typos here and on the Sporepedia. >.>

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/09/2009 17:32:27

-Moderator of GamingSteve.com Forums-

Want quality, and aesthetically pleasing creatures? Well so do I, but instead all you get is link my Sporepedia. Oh wait.... I think I said that wrong.
DeKDeS

MouthBreather

@OpDDay2001 : perfect!

added!

[WWW]
DeKDeS

MouthBreather

Still accepting for this assignment.

The next assignment will follow in a few days on SNW.

[WWW]
DeKDeS

MouthBreather

EDIT: see post below.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/12/2009 19:32:27

[WWW]
DeKDeS

MouthBreather

Good news!! :

I've been talking with my friends at Sporenetwork.com and we've come to an agreement to also just host the challenge here on the sporum too!

It just means a bit more work for me to keep all websites up to date, but I love to put in that effort for something that people could enjoy.

So here is the first assignment post for the Sporum.
Have fun!
-------------------

Hi all!

The DNA Machine has chosen a new set of cards!
Be sure to read the extra instructions below the assignment.

Main Assignment- Only use if you own c&c and Patch 3

Alternative Assignment - Only use if you do not have the patch 3 part.

Special instructions!

eyes: A Number DNA card has been chosen - This means your creature must have 6 eyes, not more not less.
you can choose what kind of eyes, you may use different eyes just as long as it are 6, the larva eyes count as 1 eye not 3 like they appear same goes for the eyes that looks like 2 eyes.

Arms: Your creature may only have 1 arm, use either the patch 5 asymmetric or find another way to get 1 arm.
what arm you use is up to you. However some people could use a leg as an arm, but you must choose an arm from the arms category, not a leg.

Legs: if you do not own patch 3, use the leg shown in the alternative assignment.

Hands: A joker DNA card! yay!! you are free to choose what ever hand you like from the hands category.

Tag: use tag "DNA1310dd-11" for this assignment!

You may make more then one creature if you like.

Sample creations to test the assignment(s):

Example main parts:

Example with use of the alternative part

Have fun!

[WWW]
DeKDeS

MouthBreather

just a little bump:

If people do not really understand this challenge or have other questions, let me know.
Also if you have idea's for additional DNA cards let me know.

[WWW]
Zaaperlord

Microbe

Made one :

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: