The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
How to make extended tails and extra necks?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Creature Creator
FenzonKrolir88

Microbe

Okay, so I was playing in Spore which I just got for my birthday just this last August 31st, and I noticed that there were creatures with extended tails and more than one neck. I noticed, when I brought the said creatures into the creature creator, that the tails and even extra necks was another peice sorta like the limbs peices except it had more spheres in it and you coud make it curve. Nowhere have I discovered where this is actually located and I noticed both creatures were only made with Spore, no expansion packs.

Can anyone help me to figure out how to do this? Here's some pics of two creatures I noticed this on:

Extended tail: (Also, on this one, in addition to knowing what that extended tail piece is, I would like to know how to make it seamless like it is on this creature. When I detached the tail in editor and then tried to reattach it it never reattached quite the same.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7062/sunlung.png

Extra neck:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7685/frostwyrm.png

Also, as you all would know, neither of these are my creatures nor do I claim them to be.
SeanStar25

MouthBreather

Use limbs.

[WWW]
FenzonKrolir88

Microbe

That doesn't work. They don't have near enough spheres or "joints" plus, I can't make those curve. They like to go in straight lines between the spheres/joints. Believe me, I tried.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/05/2009 13:48:12

SeanStar25

MouthBreather

Isn't it obvious?
You have to shrink the spheres.
Then, make another limb, while holding CONTROL, drag it onto the previous one, shrink to size, repeat.

[WWW]
FenzonKrolir88

Microbe

Hmm no, it doesn't work, I can't add a limb to the end of another limb. Also, on the sunlung, the extended tail is all one piece, at least, when I play with it, that's how the tail comes off and it has a large number of spheres in it. Also, as I've said, with the limbs, you can't make it curve, it only makes a straight piece between each sphere. =s
SeanStar25

MouthBreather

SeanStar25 wrote:Isn't it obvious?
You have to shrink the spheres.
Then, make another limb, while holding CONTROL, drag it onto the previous one, shrink to size, repeat.

[WWW]
Sarche

MouthBreather

FenzonKrolir88 wrote:Hmm no, it doesn't work, I can't add a limb to the end of another limb. Also, on the sunlung, the extended tail is all one piece, at least, when I play with it, that's how the tail comes off and it has a large number of spheres in it. Also, as I've said, with the limbs, you can't make it curve, it only makes a straight piece between each sphere. =s

Well then use many spheres to create a perfect tail.

>><<

[Email]
FenzonKrolir88

Microbe

Sarche wrote:
FenzonKrolir88 wrote:Hmm no, it doesn't work, I can't add a limb to the end of another limb. Also, on the sunlung, the extended tail is all one piece, at least, when I play with it, that's how the tail comes off and it has a large number of spheres in it. Also, as I've said, with the limbs, you can't make it curve, it only makes a straight piece between each sphere. =s

How? The limb pieces only have 3-4 spheres. =x
Sarche

MouthBreather

FenzonKrolir88 wrote:
Sarche wrote:

Add more.

>><<

[Email]
FenzonKrolir88

Microbe

Sarche wrote:
FenzonKrolir88 wrote:

Add more.

Again. How? This is why I am asking how to do this because I don't know. Either way, the limbs still only put a straight piece between spheres so it won't help if it won't curve between them. Also, on the sun Lung, the extended tail is all one piece, believe me, I tried tearing it apart, it only comes off at the base of the tail. =s

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/05/2009 13:59:32

kingsnake225

Multicellular

Remember, at that place with those people who had that stuff?

How about you look in the built in manual in your game. And by curves, do you mean asymmetry.

SeanStar25

MouthBreather

Ok:
Step 1:Mouse over a part of the limb between two spheres.
Step 2:Hit "alt" on your keyboard.
Step 3:While holding CONTROL OR "ctrl", drag the copied limb price to the end of the limb until it clicks in.
Step 4:Repeat

[WWW]
FenzonKrolir88

Microbe

kingsnake225 wrote:How about you look in the built in manual in your game. And by curves, do you mean asymmetry.

I have, it doesn't seem to cover this. Also, perhaps you should download the creature and see what I mean. I'm so confused. I know it's not a limb piece since the tail is all one length and with limbs, they are bigger or smaller depending on where muscles go and no matter of resizing changes that. It's so perplexing. o.O

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/05/2009 14:04:26

SeanStar25

MouthBreather

SeanStar25 wrote:Ok:
Step 3:While holding CONTROL OR "ctrl", drag the copied limb price to the end of the limb until it clicks in.

[WWW]
FenzonKrolir88

Microbe

SeanStar25 wrote:
SeanStar25 wrote:Ok:

I can do that but it doesn't change the size issue stated above, nor the problem with the pieces being straight between joints. =x

Forum Index » Spore Creature Creator
Go to: