The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Transition of Parts from Creature to Tribal?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
ksidhe

Microbe

I am right on the edge of finishing the creature stage. My question is this... I have several Level 5 parts that helped me get this far but I don't like the way they look. Is there any benefit to keeping hands that give you Level 5 Pose? Because I would really like to swap them out with something with less stats that I like the look of better. I just don't want my little guy to be gimped in future stages.
draknfyr

Microbe

I don't know how important the levels of each part are but I do know that parts that give various effects will still give that effect to the tribe member.

For instance, creatures with wings will still fly, spitters will still have a ranged attack, sneak parts will still sneak. I would think that the level may have some effect on how powerful they are in a particular field but I haven't tested that.

[WWW]
DoYouReadThis

Multicellular

Your creatures parts only help slightly during the tribal phase, after that they're completely useless.

However, you do want to make sure you get every part possible during the creature phase, because later in the game you'll be able to create creatures (space phase), and place them on planets, to inhabit them, and you'll only be able to build new creatures with the parts you gathered during the creature stage.

Rate posts if you found them helpful.

DoYouReadThis' Guide to the Galaxy!^42 v0.1

Gothfather

Microbe

DoYouReadThis wrote:Your creatures parts only help slightly during the tribal phase, after that they're completely useless.

However, you do want to make sure you get every part possible during the creature phase, because later in the game you'll be able to create creatures (space phase), and place them on planets, to inhabit them, and you'll only be able to build new creatures with the parts you gathered during the creature stage.

So you do not get access to the other mouth parts then? As an omnivore I can only make omnivores because you can't discover herbivore or carnivore mouths in the creature phase?
axb3nts21

Microbe

I was editing a creature earlier on one of my omnivores in space. When I edited an existing creature to try and get the brain surgeon, or whatever it is called, I was given a few random parts along with the ones I received from creature phase. This includes mouths for all three types.
Sikyanakotik

Multicellular

doyoureadthis wrote:Your creatures parts only help slightly during the tribal phase, after that they're completely useless.

Actually, you can get new parts in Space stage by scanning creatures with those parts. Otherwise you'd never be able to fill a foodweb with your own creatures.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/17/2008 02:03:49

Patrick Reding
Amateur game designer
My Profile / Mounted & Rider Creature Sporecast
Ryalseth

Multicellular

From what I understand, some abilities help, such as Glide and some of the combat abilities, but I've heard the levels don't matter in Tribal phase. Social abilities don't seem to make any difference.

Installations of secret software that create security risks are intrusive and unlawful. Consumers’ computers belong to them, and companies must adequately disclose unexpected limitations on the customary use of their products so consumers can make informed decisions regarding whether to purchase and install that content. - FTC Chairwoman Deborah Platt Majoras, on the Sony BMG CD DRM scandal of 2005
Quira

Microbe

Speed levels does matter though, so I'm inclined to believe that levels in other abilities has an effect. To test simply, a non-legged creature would move a lot slower than a legged one, and a speed 1 legged creature seems to move slower than a speed 5...

=== DATA SENT ===
Nation: Kira Dynasty
Name: Quira
Classification: Diplomat / Reconnance
Mission: Observation of the Age of Reckoning
=== END OF DATA ===
RaekReborn

Multicellular

While I am pretty sure the speed matters I really don't see how any other things could. You have tools now so really the only thing that could help you is the glide and your speed level.
magesa

Microbe

Basically, it works like this: All of your combat parts matter when you are fighting without a weapon, but when you have a weapon, it doesn't make any difference. Your social parts don't make any difference either way. You won't be able to jump or glide if you don't have those parts, but I don't think the rank matters. So if you have 1 Jump and 1 Glide you'll slide jump and glide in the tribal stage as well as if you have 5 in both. Speed and level of speed also matters I think. And I think sneaking and sprinting as well. But what matters more is the tribal outift. I would go for looks, because after the tribal stage it won't matter at all, and you'll be stuck with this look for the rest of the game.
RaekReborn

Multicellular

Oh yea I forgot about sneak. Thats an interesting ability lol....
Aznparker

Multicellular

My tribe still spit and charged (just one or two of my guys, which is really useful stunning them for 1-3 free hits with ranged spears/spit) when armed with spears. I don't know if they spit and throw at the same time, but I think spears can miss their targets, spit doesn't (useful for stuff running from you). Glide is useful for going over terrain when hunting an epic or getting caught in an ambush by a tribe with no glide. I think hp matters too?

Thoughts on Spore from an ex-Maxis intern.

I think spore is for 5 year olds and adults with the same mental capacity: Seed Magazine
magnemoe

Microbe

My creatures equipped with axes still spit before closing in, Not sure how attack are used but my tribe can fight without weapons and it looked like they did almost as well as with weapons, but hey have 5 in slash.
I feel that it don’t matter much if you reduce your stats some before entering tribal, but it’s nice to have some unarmed fighting capabilities.

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: