Welcome to the new Spore forums! This is the place to chat about your thoughts on anything and everything Spore.
Our goal is to maintain a friendly forum environment and we’ve organized some guidelines to keep in mind when posting.
Here’s a quick rundown on what to do and what to avoid in order to help us keep the forums running smoothly.
- Posting etiquette
• Keep subject titles direct, descriptive and accurate
• Use caps and repeated punctuation judiciously
• Do not create multiple threads for one topic or post your thread in every category
• Do not post blank messages
• Keep signatures limited to 500 characters max, and limit signature images to 670 wide x 128 high. Overall your entire signature should not exceed an area of 670 x 160px.
• Use bbcode to clean up extremely long signature links by displaying link text rather than URLs.
• Bump threads judiciously. If a thread has no new posts since the last bump, please don't bump it again.
• Limit embedded image dimensions to 680 wide x 544 high.
• Do not post unbroken text strings longer than 60 characters (this includes links - Use BBCode).
• Do not make posts requesting the locking of another user's thread within a thread. Please use the alert button or PM system to contact a moderator if you believe a thread is in violation of the forum rules. Note that you may receive an error after pressing alert, however the CS team will successfully be notified.
• Use search! Avoid posting duplicate threads about questions that have already been answered.
EDIT: The search function doesn't work as well as we'd all want to. Thus, if you want to search the sporum, type this into google:
– Help keep the forums a fun place to discuss Spore. Remember that the Sporum is a place for people of all ages to discuss Spore. Please restrain from using fighting words, especially since the other person may be a child.
• Keep posts relevant to the topic of Spore
• Work out differences politely
• Be respectful when posting about religious, political, or otherwise controversial content
• Keep posts clean: free of vulgarity, racism, profanity, and bigotry
• No personal attacks: don't flame, troll, insult, harass, threaten, rant, taunt or flamebait
• Do not impersonate others
• Do not post personal information about others
• No advertising/spamming (Posting in a Spam thread or responding to a troll will be considered spam)
• Do not send repeated PMs or encourage other players to PM bomb any forum member
• Challenge finalists - follow the guidelines for appropriate conduct here
• Have a sense of humor!
– What to avoid
• Do not post copyrighted material
• We do not support posting links to images of creatures based on copyrighted materials
• Do not discuss illegal activities
• Do not share accounts
• Do not return to the forum on a duplicate account if any of your accounts is currently suspended
• Do not ask for or give out serial numbers
Moderators and Staff
– We’re here to help
• Respect the decisions of the moderators and staff
• Do not publicize private conversations between yourself and the moderators/staff
• If necessary, we may have to remove posts or users who repeatedly violate our rules
Thanks for abiding by our rules, we hope you enjoy the discussions on our boards.
If you notice something inappropriate posted on the boards, please alert a staff member so that we can address it.
The alert function is now active so if you see a post that is not following the Forum Guidelines please use the alert button. Even if you receive an error after using the alert button, our CS team will receive your alert.
SMDOGC EDIT: The alert button does NOT alert SporeMasters, only EA customer support. Instead of alerting, it's recommended that you PM a SporeMaster listed below.
Active Moderators (Try here first!)
Possibly Active Moderators
•Full List of Moderators
The ones that are currently logged in will be listed in green in the bottom of the forum index page. You can select the green name and it will bring you to a page where you can select the PM button.
Newcomers who want to know more about getting started are encouraged to check out this unofficial forum guide.