The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

-=Lords of the Past Contest Thread=-  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Dino589

Civilized Sporeon

~-=-=-=-=-=-~

Hey all! Welcome to the Lords of the Past Contest Thread! This is the place for all you prehistoric fanatics to come and face-off against each-other in a variety of contests. You don't have to be a member of the Lords of the Past to join; anyone is welcome to enter! Though if you decide to become a member of the LOTP, simply click here and post one of your prehistoric creations.

~-=-=-=-=-=-~
Basic Rules

1. If you win a contest, you cannot enter in the next one. This is to prevent a creator from winning every time.
2. Please tag the creation like this: LOTPcontest(insert contest name here). Example: If the contest focuses on a specific creature like, say, Stygimoloch, it should look like this: Lotpconteststygimoloch
3. Each contest will last a week. However, if there happens to be a lack of entries, am willing to extend the deadline. I will post a notification in the topic when it is the last day to enter so as to not catch anybody by surprise.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. Winning a contest gets you 60 LOTP points, second place gets you 30 points, and third place gets 10 points, for those of you still using them.
6. If you happen to have a suitable creation uploaded already, you may use that rather than create a new one.
7. You may edit and reupload your entry as many times as you want before the poll is added, just be sure to post the new version if you do.
8. There will be additional rules depending on the contest, so be sure to take a look at them.
9. It is encouraged that you please provide a link to the creation you are entering.

~-=-=-=-=-=-~

Current Contest:
Incredible Accuracy Challenge

Ok you prehistoric enthusiest, today LOTP is launching what is sure to be your hardest challenge yet. You ready for it? It is the...
INCREDIBLE ACCURACY CHALLENGE!
All you have to do is recreate the prehistoric animal of your choice. The challenge? You have to make it as accurate as possible. This contest is also very open-ended. You can use any editor you wish to, and make any prehistoric animal you wish to. Your choices will not have an effect on your score, however chances are it will turn out better in the Creature editor. And obviously using good references will be useful as well.
All entries will not be voted on, but will instead be judged by myself. As judge, all my remarks on your creations will be unbiased and unopinionated, and I will not tell you or give you hints on how to improve your creation or on what references to use. As judge I am going to be very hard on all the creations, and will closely examine each one ingame. There is no denying this is going to be a tricky contest to win. Obviously we do not know what they looked like 100%, however we can still make educated reconstructions.
The contest will last TWO WEEKS starting today (January 18th). Afterall, I am sure I am not the only one here who is fairly busy with exams at the moment, and this extended period of time will also allow me to spend more time judging and allow for more time for entries to come in.
So, lets see what you've got!

Additional Rules:
1. No templates allowed. It has to be entirely your own creation.
2. Absolutly ANY editor can be used for this contest.
3. You can make absolutly ANY prehistoric creature you want.
4. Therizinosaur may not enter this contest since he won the previous one.
5. You can enter up to 4 times, but if you make it into the top three then only the best of the ones you posted will get accepted.

~-=-=-=-=-=-~

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or ideas for future contests, feel free to post them here and they will be taken into consideration.

~-=-=-=-=-=-~

Rundown of the Winners:
Alright, so your probably curious about just what happened? Well here goes.

--Tyranno1: Making the Sinosauropteryx was a risky thing, because it meant that he could either score points big time, or lose points big time. In this case, he lost points big time. Although the anatomy was good, his paint choice was only slightly off. Sinosauropteryx had bands of orange-brown and white on its tail. His version had white stripes down the sides, but not actual bands. His other theropods were decent. But it was his Pentaceratops that managed to take 2nd place, with its fantastic anatomy and nice choice of colours.

--DDG-995: Quite fankly, his entries would have taken 1st, 2nd, 3rd (and 4th, if I had it) if it weren't for the fact that I added a rule so that wouldn't happen. All his creations have near perfect anatomy, and good choices of colour. It was hard to decide which entry of his should be the one to win.

--Dino90210: His entries had alot of good points, and alot of bad points. In the end, the most accurate one was his Giganotosaurus. The structuring of the head, though simple, was quite true to form. And the colours, though perhaps not an ideal choice, complimented the creature. He managed to make it into 3rd place with it.

--DragonDaniel: Having just a single entry can be a risky thing. If you have a very good entry, you could easily beat everybody else. If not, you have the potential to fall back behind. In this case, thats what happened. The anatomy on the whole is a little off, especially on the head, the feathers could have been placed better, and the colours are by far not the best choice, and don't contribute to it much. Better luck next time.

This message was edited 130 times. Last update was at 03/12/2010 22:42:55

Dino589

Civilized Sporeon

Previous Winners:
Gigantoraptor contest:-------------------Epidendrosaurus Contest
1st~Dadltondmd-----------------------------------1st~Dino589

2nd~Godziboy1993---------------------------2nd~GuineaDilong

3rd~Dino589-----------------------------------3rd~raptorkiller2

Coelophysis Contest---------------------------------Odaraia Contest
1st~HyperSmash---------------------------------------1st~Antarcticas

2nd~DragonDaniel------------------------------------2nd~DragonDaniel

3rd~ManTooth02--------------------------------------3rd~Hermes888

Alternate Editor Contest-----------------------------------Classic Contest
1st~Dino589-------------------------------------------------1st~DragonDaniel

2nd~Acheron555-----------------------------------------2nd~Hermes888

3rd~Dracilust-----------------------------------------------3rd~Dory01

Fossil Contest:-------------------------Incredible Accuracy Challenge
1st~Therizinosaur-----------------------------------1st~DDG-995

2nd~Dory01-----------------------------------2nd~tyranno1
3rd~Hermes888-----------------------------3rd~Dino90210

This message was edited 22 times. Last update was at 03/12/2010 22:31:04

Therizinosaur

Multicellular

I got my entry!
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500428232295

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/17/2009 01:30:07

-Allosaurus-340 points

______

Dino589

Civilized Sporeon

Added.

Dadltondmd

MouthBreather

good choice for creature! this will be fun!

[WWW] [MSN]
Vektrix

Spacefaring Sporeling

Your lucky, I just recreated this recently.

[WWW] [MSN]
Dino589

Civilized Sporeon

Nice to see this place becomming a little more active.

Added you as well, Vek.

DinoRexCM

Civilized Sporeon

I'm so entering the next chance I get.

But are you sure G raptor rivals t. rex in size?

Thanks to G3NJI for the awesome sig!- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -OHAIMARK.
[WWW]
Dino589

Civilized Sporeon

I said nearly. G-raptor was still smaller. It was almost as tall, though not as long. Though it still holds the record of the world's largest oviraptorosaur. Though even then, the specimen of Gigantoraptor which is known was not fully grown.

Dadltondmd

MouthBreather

here is my entry:

[WWW] [MSN]
Godziboy1993

Microbe

I am currently working on mine it will be up shortly!

[WWW] aim icon
Dino589

Civilized Sporeon

Added yours, Dal. Lol after a couple days with next to no activity, suddenly it is bustling. XD

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/17/2009 23:57:25

GuineaDilong

Microbe

I will attempt to enter, though as my Spore game is fried it is unlikely I will be able too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/18/2009 00:24:33

Godziboy1993

Microbe

After looking at Dadltondmd's version I think I might not win. lol is there a second place?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/18/2009 00:34:44

[WWW] aim icon
Dino589

Civilized Sporeon

Added. And no, unfortunetly there is no prize for getting second or third. THough I might add that if enough people are interesting in following the point sytem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/18/2009 00:31:47

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: