The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Games like spore  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
tuytr

MouthBreather

I was wondering what games are like spore the way it evolves and the way you can personalise it.

Here's some examples.

My mini city is a good onehttp://westmeath.myminicity.com/

And scribblenauts which is a great example because like spore it breaks the boundaries and you can do it completly your way.http://games.kidswb.com/scribblenauts/

What other games do you know about that are like spore.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 08/09/2009 17:47:09

Smilies made by me
(sig by demonic)
warmslime

Spacefaring Sporeling

Myminicity sucks, it's stupid and if you wanted something like that better play simcity 4.

[WWW]
ashkelon

GalacticGod

I've never seen a game that combines all of the elements of Spore and does it so well.

It's that combination of rpg / rts game, and one that you don't necessarily "win" by killing everything that twitches, and is totally open ended (you CAN play creature as long as you want), with the development software suite to create classy, well-modeled creatures, and now a development platform for actual adventures.

In the past, game companies have expected us to be satisfied with any of those, but we are on the road here to "having it all".

I'm not a sims player, they bored me with the need for constant attention. But maybe Spore is closer to that.

I see some parallels in open ended creativity with Second Life. You don't have to play a very social SL game, and you can create your world (you can live in a cave a a scholarly wolf (that looks like a wolf, not a furry), or a wandering horse, or a raven, or a furry in a mansion, or a winged demon, or a hot goth babe in a castle, or a teen idol). And you can create any props you want.

But that is still an online-only game, and honestly the ability to play Spore offline and the much better controls is a huge thing for me.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in. MinionJoe, grá mo chroí.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

OneBlackbird

Spacefaring Sporeling

I don't know if anyone else remembers DOS games, but back in the day, Ascendancy was one of the coolest underrated space sims available. Like Spore, you could customize your ship, the planet layout and even battle other ships/races for control of systems. While race/species customization was not an option, there were enough interesting ones available that it always felt like a completely different game. You can still play it through DOS emulators like DOS-box if you grab it from an abandonware website.

Didzo wrote:There are few things Blackbird enjoys more than the sweet taste of children's tears. This delicious nectar trickles down through the sphincter he calls a soul, giving a shadow of life to the hollowness within. It is the aroma of the deaths of innocence that keeps him lucid in his fetid void of existence. The soft, mournful cry of children is a lullaby to Blackbird as he drifts off to a dreamless sleep. For Blackbird, he is Worse than Hitler.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
ashkelon

GalacticGod

OneBlackbird wrote:I don't know if anyone else remembers DOS games, but back in the day, Ascendancy was one of the coolest underrated space sims available. Like Spore, you could customize your ship, the planet layout and even battle other ships/races for control of systems. While race/species customization was not an option, there were enough interesting ones available that it always felt like a completely different game. You can still play it through DOS emulators like DOS-box if you grab it from an abandonware website.

Yes! Good call!

I have an old GRiD NASA box that I run DOS games on. It's actually one of the first "clam shell" laptops.

I'll have to break that out, if I ever make it home.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in. MinionJoe, grá mo chroí.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

Milzee23

Multicellular

Wasn't there a game called Evolutions! ?

I don't actually give a damn if you call this... "Spam", as you call it, but if you see the amount bull on here that people seem to accept, doesn't this seem moderately realistic AND acceptable?

People are hostile, man. Hostile.

Hahahaha. Yes. LAUGH ALL YOU WANT. The world seems to need it.
warmslime

Spacefaring Sporeling

It was never made, probably a hoax.

[WWW]
Smartman21

MouthBreather

you should have added [pestimistic][/pestimistic]

you already said it was hoax. 3 times.

Join The GASF!
my account http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Smartman21%7C2264288640]
The grox Smile, even if you destroy them. because they love death.

Falthron

Multicellular

I'm Everywhere.... and Nowhere.... I'm just here.....

Smartman21 wrote:you should have added [pestimistic][/pestimistic]

you already said it was hoax. 3 times.

It WAS a hoax now people are working on making it a reality. BUT we need more people to code and model. WE alreay have a simple GUI for a behavior editor.

I'm back from the great beyond
[Email]
Milzee23

Multicellular

Oh. Thats a shame, it looked alright.

I don't actually give a damn if you call this... "Spam", as you call it, but if you see the amount bull on here that people seem to accept, doesn't this seem moderately realistic AND acceptable?

People are hostile, man. Hostile.

Hahahaha. Yes. LAUGH ALL YOU WANT. The world seems to need it.
Xrossflare

MouthBreather

Over the edge......Looks like i'm heading...Over the edge....

Milzee23 wrote:Oh. Thats a shame, it looked alright.

Oh well.

goombadude

MouthBreather

that scribblenauts thing looks kick-awesome

-sig by caazper
smilies by me:
GandWuser

Multicellular

Taking you back through the past, to play the s***y games that s**k a**

I remeber someone made a game before Spore came out. It was the Cell Stage based on the 2005 demo and you could make your own cell, it was cool. It had a bit more flexibility than this Cell Editor.

Current signature count:90
SQUADALA! WE ARE OFF!
[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: