The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Author Message
GLORIUSRO


Microbe

Joined: 09/14/2008 19:20:13
Messages: 72
Offline

I really do not like the flameing about "BOYCOTT PARTS PACK" or "SPORE IS CRAP BLAH BLAH BLAH"


Here's MY suggestion:






IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT BUY IT!!! YOUR NOT BEING FORCED!!!


I'm Glor, and i approve this message

MinionJoe


Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 09/19/2008 22:59:19
Messages: 5991
Offline

GLORIUSRO wrote:IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT BUY IT!!! YOUR NOT BEING FORCED!!!


I really do not like your CAPS LOCK.


Times MinionJoe Has Been Banned: 5 Times MinionJoe's Opinion Has Changed: 0
GLORIUSRO


Microbe

Joined: 09/14/2008 19:20:13
Messages: 72
Offline

MinionJoe wrote:
GLORIUSRO wrote:IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT BUY IT!!! YOUR NOT BEING FORCED!!!


I really do not like your CAPS LOCK.


Thats called a Shift.... Its below capslock and Enter, and above ctrl

MinionJoe


Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 09/19/2008 22:59:19
Messages: 5991
Offline

GLORIUSRO wrote:Thats called a Shift.... Its below capslock and Enter, and above ctrl


Ah! I stand corrected!

You do know that it would be easier to use Caps Lock for long runs of all caps, yes?


Times MinionJoe Has Been Banned: 5 Times MinionJoe's Opinion Has Changed: 0
Eekwotsthat


MouthBreather

Joined: 09/14/2008 08:47:42
Messages: 677
Offline

YourSavior wrote:Will the 'Cute & Creepy' pack have cute and creepy creature sounds, aswell? I'm tired of listening to the same generic grunts and howls and would like to see some new sound bytes, or maybe even the ability to choose what your creature sounds like.


Well that would be interesting.. never thought of that.

Brutii


Microbe

Joined: 10/16/2008 04:41:41
Messages: 2
Offline

Seiniyta wrote:
Brutii wrote: Advertised a totally different game, and than turning it into a pile of crap. Why not expect people to shell out more cash for a stupid reason?

Hell I even bought the Creation Editor, thinking it was more advanced and had more parts than the in-game editor. Guess what? I had to un-install it once I installed the game, and the in-game editor is the exact same thing. Same part, same everything.

I shelled money on something I got when buying the game? Yay, I can either create things directly from Spore or my bought Creation Editor. Two options for the same effect is so worth the money I shelled out for both of them.

Spore is the biggest rip off, piece of crap I have ever seen. Maxis lost my trust, seriously. Probally because EA got involved with them. EA is always trying to be money grabbing whores.

Unless I get the game advertised before (The original reason I even bought this game, because of the false advertisement). I am not buying anymore Maxis Games, I don't care how good they look and I am definetly not paying for something like this. Biggest ripoff I have ever seen in my life. I wish I could travel through time so I could shoot myself for ever getting involved in this, or better yet just tell myself not to buy it.


Should I now laugh or cry at your response?

You bought the Creature Creator thinking it was more advanced than the ingame-editor? You cannot blame Maxis for your own mistake. How naïve, how stupid can you be to think that is the case. It has been advertised as a preview of the game, it included the full creature editor. Nothing more, nothing less.

On top of that, if you bought the creature creator via EA store you had a discount on when you bought Spore. Oops, you missed that I guess.

You bought the game because of the advertisement, that is really smart, maybe you should have informed yourself better what spore included and what not. The only thing you did was shooting yourself in the foot by blindly believing marketing.


Right, here you got two options to buy. One being a Creation Editor, and the other a Game. How the hell is anybody suppose to know that the game comes with the exact same thing? What's the point of buying or selling a standalone Creature Editor when the actual game comes with it? There is no information in the purchase section stating that Spore comes with it. Unless you can direct me as to where it sais *Included in Spore* where you buy the product, I rest my case.
Eekwotsthat


MouthBreather

Joined: 09/14/2008 08:47:42
Messages: 677
Offline

Have to admit it probably isn't as clear as it could be. Ok my copies are in german but the only indication I can see is that they label the creature creator as a Spore Starter-Paket. You don't need to know German to realise what that means. I think a lot of confusion arises as the Creature Creator stand-alone came out well before the game. I do not know if Maxis are actually still distributing it. I somehow doubt it but shops will still want to get rid of their stock.

Gretchyn23


Microbe

Joined: 09/26/2008 22:49:01
Messages: 22
Offline

if there's a trend towards these "stuff packs" they better be trending more towards $10 or $15 dollars, not $45. And it had best not be the sort of thing that to even view things made with the new parts, you have to buy the pack.

I can live without googly-eyes and dripping fangs just fine...but if it's cheap I might splurge. I imagine my reaction won't be untypical. (no I didn't read all 20 some pages of replies.)

$45 expansions to games usually involve new races, classes, new continents, that level of added content. A few new kinds of antennae, isn't worth $45. $10-$15 tops.

Because really, it's stuff they should have shipped with the game. You can't (well you *can* but you shouldn't) sell 70% of a game, then the remaining 30% in 5% chunks for a sizable fraction of the original purchase price additional.
Shrigs


Microbe

Joined: 10/17/2008 01:02:16
Messages: 16
Offline

I'm DEFINITELY getting this in the Spring.

IMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!
[WWW]
Knight7770


MouthBreather

Joined: 09/13/2008 15:57:20
Messages: 716
Offline

It would appear as though the recent patch has added a Creepy and Cute sort condition in the in-game Sporepedia.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4407/94243509eg1.jpg
Click link to see the image of what I'm talking about.



Click the above picture
My profile!!
STAR WARS CONTEST!
TheAngelofDeath


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/12/2008 13:15:16
Messages: 1080
Location:
Limbo

Offline

My game wont work so I cant see it.




[Email] aim icon [MSN]
unclecaveman


Multicellular

Joined: 09/12/2008 20:07:00
Messages: 165
Offline

Gretchyn23 wrote:if there's a trend towards these "stuff packs" they better be trending more towards $10 or $15 dollars, not $45. And it had best not be the sort of thing that to even view things made with the new parts, you have to buy the pack.

I can live without googly-eyes and dripping fangs just fine...but if it's cheap I might splurge. I imagine my reaction won't be untypical. (no I didn't read all 20 some pages of replies.)

$45 expansions to games usually involve new races, classes, new continents, that level of added content. A few new kinds of antennae, isn't worth $45. $10-$15 tops.

Because really, it's stuff they should have shipped with the game. You can't (well you *can* but you shouldn't) sell 70% of a game, then the remaining 30% in 5% chunks for a sizable fraction of the original purchase price additional.
They said the part pack is $20. We don't know about the price of the expansion yet.

May the Brambler Empire bring peace to the galaxy... as long as the Oston Empire doesn't buy it first.

Claudio, Ambellina, Jesse, The Writing Writer, Mayo Deftinwolf
Tentacular


Microbe

Joined: 10/17/2008 05:50:14
Messages: 4
Offline

Evening/morning all. First time posting here, just came to try and find some stuff out about this ex-pack.

So, filtering through the trolls, hate and love posts, few questions came to mind.

Does this ex-pack ONLY work in the Creator, or can you take your Cute and Creepies into the game world?

Does the $20 price now get you an advanced download of it, like there was for the Creator before the game came out?


Just a few questions that I'm hoping might be addressed at some point.

Thanks and cheers
unclecaveman


Multicellular

Joined: 09/12/2008 20:07:00
Messages: 165
Offline

The Cute/Creepy works for both Creator and game. I imagine it will seed the parts into the creature stage like the other parts, so you can find/add them like normal.

The creator had an advance download? I mean, I know about the thing you could buy/direct download, but I didn't think you got it any earlier downloading than buying in the store.

May the Brambler Empire bring peace to the galaxy... as long as the Oston Empire doesn't buy it first.

Claudio, Ambellina, Jesse, The Writing Writer, Mayo Deftinwolf
Eekwotsthat


MouthBreather

Joined: 09/14/2008 08:47:42
Messages: 677
Offline

Ok, so how much does WoW cost per month ? Every month.. you can say support is far better etc but it is possible to not charge, Guild Wars being an example of a game which doesn't but which is still regularly updated. Just something to consider whilst people are going argh $20....

 
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to:   
 
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2013-06-21 16:12:06 ) JForum Team