The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
unclecaveman

Multicellular

Read the first post. C&C is the part pack coming out next month, Space Adventure is the expansion coming out in Spring.

May the Brambler Empire bring peace to the galaxy... as long as the Oston Empire doesn't buy it first.

Claudio, Ambellina, Jesse, The Writing Writer, Mayo Deftinwolf
TormakSaber

MouthBreather

Oh.

Ugh.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/TormakSaber

Feel free to PM me with questions.
RocketGirl

MouthBreather

They've asked for our input, we've given 26-some pages of it.

You know what I'd like in return? Responses.

The Spore team needs to communicate with us better, make us feel like we're being heard. We're still waiting on those questions that were sent to Maxis. I, personally, am still waiting on the final word about Science Spore. And I'd love to know what they think are good ideas, bad ideas, workable ideas, and impossible ideas, now that we've submitted them. And I think that's a pretty reasonable request; just a wee thanks for our contribution, yanno? After all, we seem to be unpaid consultants, here, as far as I can tell.

Just sayin'...

The problem is that Spore has become a coloring book instead of a chemistry set

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." -Douglas Adams
3rdType

Multicellular

Uh, hi. Where can we talk positively about the expansions? Because for every lone "Hi I like Spore and I want expansion" there's 5 pages of "I HATE SPORE RAGE RAGE RAGE."

Woosh.
[Email] [WWW] [MSN]
Brutii

Microbe

While other games would have just included something like this in like... well let's say. What do they call them? Oh right, a patch... Of course, we only got ripped off with the game in the first place. Advertised a totally different game, and than turning it into a pile of crap. Why not expect people to shell out more cash for a stupid reason?

Hell I even bought the Creation Editor, thinking it was more advanced and had more parts than the in-game editor. Guess what? I had to un-install it once I installed the game, and the in-game editor is the exact same thing. Same part, same everything.

I shelled money on something I got when buying the game? Yay, I can either create things directly from Spore or my bought Creation Editor. Two options for the same effect is so worth the money I shelled out for both of them.

Spore is the biggest rip off, piece of crap I have ever seen. Maxis lost my trust, seriously. Probally because EA got involved with them. EA is always trying to be money grabbing whores.

Unless I get the game advertised before (The original reason I even bought this game, because of the false advertisement). I am not buying anymore Maxis Games, I don't care how good they look and I am definetly not paying for something like this. Biggest ripoff I have ever seen in my life. I wish I could travel through time so I could shoot myself for ever getting involved in this, or better yet just tell myself not to buy it.
Seiniyta

Multicellular

Brutii wrote: Advertised a totally different game, and than turning it into a pile of crap. Why not expect people to shell out more cash for a stupid reason?

Hell I even bought the Creation Editor, thinking it was more advanced and had more parts than the in-game editor. Guess what? I had to un-install it once I installed the game, and the in-game editor is the exact same thing. Same part, same everything.

I shelled money on something I got when buying the game? Yay, I can either create things directly from Spore or my bought Creation Editor. Two options for the same effect is so worth the money I shelled out for both of them.

Spore is the biggest rip off, piece of crap I have ever seen. Maxis lost my trust, seriously. Probally because EA got involved with them. EA is always trying to be money grabbing whores.

Unless I get the game advertised before (The original reason I even bought this game, because of the false advertisement). I am not buying anymore Maxis Games, I don't care how good they look and I am definetly not paying for something like this. Biggest ripoff I have ever seen in my life. I wish I could travel through time so I could shoot myself for ever getting involved in this, or better yet just tell myself not to buy it.

Should I now laugh or cry at your response?

You bought the Creature Creator thinking it was more advanced than the ingame-editor? You cannot blame Maxis for your own mistake. How naïve, how stupid can you be to think that is the case. It has been advertised as a preview of the game, it included the full creature editor. Nothing more, nothing less.

On top of that, if you bought the creature creator via EA store you had a discount on when you bought Spore. Oops, you missed that I guess.

You bought the game because of the advertisement, that is really smart, maybe you should have informed yourself better what spore included and what not. The only thing you did was shooting yourself in the foot by blindly believing marketing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/16/2008 05:29:51

rupertlittlebear

Multicellular

3rdType wrote:Uh, hi. Where can we talk positively about the expansions? Because for every lone "Hi I like Spore and I want expansion" there's 5 pages of "I HATE SPORE RAGE RAGE RAGE."
but there's still 4 pages of "I HATE SPORE RAGE RAGE RAGE." due for that last "I just love this parts pack" post.

or if you really need a positive post

"I'm positive this pack is exceptionally overpriced"

ghadis wrote:Maybe this will turn out into a usable product in the end.
mightymushroom wrote:I think the system is buggy, or at least very odd.
MinionJoe wrote:116. The Popemobile isn't really a religious vehicle because there's not a big pipe organ sticking out the back.
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

rupertlittlebear wrote:
3rdType wrote:Uh, hi. Where can we talk positively about the expansions? Because for every lone "Hi I like Spore and I want expansion" there's 5 pages of "I HATE SPORE RAGE RAGE RAGE."
but there's still 4 pages of "I HATE SPORE RAGE RAGE RAGE." due for that last "I just love this parts pack" post.

or if you really need a positive post

"I'm positive this pack is exceptionally overpriced"

Good comeback.
Also 3rdType, I have no problems with you but stop generalizing the 'I HATE SPORE RAGE RAGE RAGE' people.
I love Spore, but i'll be damned to SPORE and take it like Hecker.

We were promised a different game, they advertised it as well.
Any reasonable input as to why we feel cheated is a must.

There are tons of good and fun threads.
It is your own choice to ignore us or not.
We ignore the Spore iz da best' crowd as well so why not return the favour?

Naturally everytime I feel you have said something noteworthy with respect I will answer in the same manour
curradoc

Microbe

Scruffeh I can only speculate as to what sorta cute fuzzy things will be in the new expansion!! Will we finally have the Killer Carebears we've been struggling to build????? Can't wait! Preordering now! [/quote wrote:

Killer Carebears? Isn't that the Grox?

Virakotxa

Civilized Sporeon

And the first Creature Creator they released, as a money-costing demo, and the free-demo itself, had a total different concept of creature creation, procedural animation and aparent playability options...

I found cool they took out the hold wobbly-part issue... I could not imagine the logic for that when the game was to come out... "filled with more options" saying...
Ears, and noses... Really, what for? Suddently all creaturaes animating and behaving alike? Really, was I to expect that from all the previous imput??

The hold process is filled with lies, missinformation, treachery, and lots of bad intentions. It would not be a sourprise if some of it was to an extent ilegal. I know it shold be... But again, media is saturated with cosmethic, farmaceutical, tv-shopping, deceiptfull crap... so maybe it's legal to lie to the consummer. I also know it's not right.

AnotherPoster

Multicellular

72 new body parts - 12 per pallet (mouth, eyes, antennae, legs, body & Details)
2 new backgrounds for the spore creature creator - 1 x creepy & 1 x cute
36 new scripts (12 bases, 12 paints & 12 Details)
12 new painting motifs
24 new test-animations - 12 x creepy & 12 cute

This should be called a Creature Creator parts pack since the only place you can use these is in the CC.

Seriously, the first thing in my mind that needed to change in the game was not the CC. Sure, I wanted more features and parts, but I didn't say "You know, I really need some creepy and cute parts because the creature creator really doesn't cut it", but I guess with this sort of game, they were trying to figure out how to sell expansions.

The creature creator is the best part of Spore IMO, now if only there was a sim that it was connected to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/16/2008 16:12:57

3rdType

Multicellular

Parvati, I've got no problem with you either. At least when you make a complaint, it's constructive and respectful, and I respect that. I'm not putting you in the RAGE RAGE RAGE category, because you don't just RAGE RAGE RAGE, you actually make good points and try to understand someone else's perspective. And nobody appreciates that more than me. It's the people that force feed my eyeballs with RAGE RAGE RAGE that get under my skin. I think the people who don't do that, including you, will know I mean them absolutely no ill. I'm sorry if I was over generalizing, but god do my eyeball hurt like a mofo.

Woosh.
[Email] [WWW] [MSN]
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

I understand that.
But just try to keep yourself from posting such things.
Try not to generalise

Some observations I made on this forum.

It is concidered cool to 'hate' the people that actually know what the game should have been.

It is concidered cool to shout ' I am sick of all you Spore haters.

It is concidered cool to use the words hype and troll.

We are people too We have feelings as well.
No mather how many times it gets repeated that '05 never existed. It won't become true
3rdType

Multicellular

I understand where you're coming from.

Woosh.
[Email] [WWW] [MSN]
Drish

Multicellular

Cannot, at all, even begin to consider spending one cent on this until THE TEXTURE ISSUE WITH BUILDINGS AND VEHICLES IS FIXED.

Seriously, what good are new textures when they appear like crap in the game? Everything in many of the creators are invalidated when placed in game and the textures (mipmap?) on all the buildings and vehicles are extremely low-resolution.

And no response at all if this "enhancement" is being considered for the next patch after weeks and weeks of complaining about it. Supposedly it's "working as intended", which means its ok for you to make detailed buildings and vehicles, but once in game they look 100 times worse than in the creators, and this is with everything set to HIGH.

THIS MUST BE ADDRESSED BEFORE RELEASING ANYTHING ELSE THAT ENHANCES THAT CREATORS. Fix how objects look IN THE GAME. This is where I want to see my creations LOOK JUST AS GOOD AS THEY DO IN THE CREATORS.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: