The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
"You may have multiple Spore accounts for each installation of the game" - NOT  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Dayner

Multicellular

guess iam not buying C&Cred alert 3

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dayner

Samurai warriors
try your shot in making a samurai bug
free Template in sporecast here
SketchyChik

Microbe

I agree. (And I read the entire thread + the entire 'answer' thread)

Not that I have anyone else to share the game with, it would have been a burden if I hadn't moved out.

Because someone in the thread said something about it saying that you can only have one account per game right on the box I will QUOTE EXACTLY what it says:
"Internet connection, online authentication and end user license agreement required to play. To access online features, you must register online with the enclosed serial code. Only one registration per game."
and, like many pointed out, a game and an account ON a game are two different things.
It really makes no sense to limit only one account to a game like this. Especially since it isn't really an online multiplayer (all you really do is download other people's content, you aren't fighting them or w/e).

I WAS going to let my boyfriend try it out, just because I wanted to share something I enjoy (even though I wouldn't let him stay on for long.. haha), but it seems I would have to let him go on my account and possibly earn achievements that I haven't gotten yet... which takes the fun out of the game.

It isn't like multiple accounts in a game hasn't been done... this game is going backwards while the graphics move forwards.
Pretty soon their games will have no save option either and you will have to play the game straight through to beat it.

Just don't like the way this is going.
BUT I do love the game and will continue to play it.
Sorry I cannot support you all any further.

*Edit* By accounts I mean profiles..
Just thought I'd say that because someone previous mentioned linked 'profiles' under a single 'account'.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 13:29:46

siren

Microbe

EA_Violet wrote:
heints wrote:The game manual clearly states that after installation and online registration we are able to have multiple accounts per installation.

However this is not the case, nobody is allowed to have more than one single account per installation.

That section in the manual was a misprint and will be corrected in future printings of the manual. There is one Spore registration/account per game/serial code so you are correct in that you cannot make multiple accounts at this time. I have sent your guys' feedback to the game team though since I can understand the desire to share a game on a system that you entire family uses.

~Violet

Technically speaking...if a store misprints a price tag, don't they have to give it to the consumer at that price? Due to false advertising laws. If I knew all this before I bought the game, I would have waited to see what happened. I feel SCAMMED.

My daughter and I both use the game. I don't mind sharing the game with my daughter on my laptop, but I want to buy her, her own laptop this Christmas, and I refuse to buy her, her own game. I should be able to use this game in any computer in my house, not get separate games for both of us.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 13:34:28

Bigrob7605

Multicellular

Dayner wrote:guess iam not buying C&Cred alert 3

I love C&C but as sad as i will be. I wont be buying it... Because i have had it after Mass Effect Then Spore. I just cant take another EA Game Dramafest
grinja

Microbe

Frustrating ...
twstdtink

Microbe

Call me slow (I've been having too much fun playing the game) but I just realized you can't have more than one profile. I. Am. Bummed. My hubby was really looking forward to having his own account. Now we're going to have to buy ANOTHER $50 game to make that possible? Ridiculous. As if Maxis wasn't making enough money. In this economy, no one has money just to throw away. I'm starting to think I did just by buying this. It's a really cool game, but I think the ethics of the company kind of suck.
Bigrob7605

Multicellular

Im pretty pissed my self. My girlfriend said she's mad too. She wanted to be able to start an account and track her progress. But she said she will be damned if she's gonna let me go buy 3 more copy's for her and my 2 kid's.

I just think it's insane... I have never seen such a greedy lying game comp ever.. And I really love.. LOVE how no where on the box or TV/Puter ad's it said anything about a 3 install limit. I guess they just wanted the quick buck's and run like hell....

Spore will be known as the game that caused EA to show there true color's. I mean everybody's getting to see how they run thing's. And everywhere I see review's about EA's support. And how they are handling spore. Hell it's even on talk show's and radio and tv game review place's.

R.I.P. Spore

And So Long EA
viewtifuljay

Microbe

BUMP

This isn't going away, EA.

Spore will be known as the game that caused EA to show there true color's. I mean everybody's getting to see how they run thing's. And everywhere I see review's about EA's support. And how they are handling spore. Hell it's even on talk show's and radio and tv game review place's.

The sad thing is, I thought Spore might be the game that saved PC gaming. But now it's looking like it might be the final nail in the coffin.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 15:16:11

Smileyfaceman

Microbe

siren wrote:
EA_Violet wrote:
heints wrote:The game manual clearly states that after installation and online registration we are able to have multiple accounts per installation.

However this is not the case, nobody is allowed to have more than one single account per installation.

That section in the manual was a misprint and will be corrected in future printings of the manual. There is one Spore registration/account per game/serial code so you are correct in that you cannot make multiple accounts at this time. I have sent your guys' feedback to the game team though since I can understand the desire to share a game on a system that you entire family uses.

~Violet

Technically speaking...if a store misprints a price tag, don't they have to give it to the consumer at that price? Due to false advertising laws. If I knew all this before I bought the game, I would have waited to see what happened. I feel SCAMMED.

My daughter and I both use the game. I don't mind sharing the game with my daughter on my laptop, but I want to buy her, her own laptop this Christmas, and I refuse to buy her, her own game. I should be able to use this game in any computer in my house, not get separate games for both of us.

False advertising laws are tricky. This is kinda like when you go to a department store and they have a sign in the window that says there was a misprint in this week's ad circular. We can cry "Bait and Switch" all we want, but it won't make any difference.
heints

Microbe

It's been over 144hrs from the time I emailed tech support. I've even updated the issue and still no response.

Now I understand other people may have been issued the privilege to run a second account per installation, as the game was intended, as the manual states, as the ingame menu states.

Still, I am unable to log in to my free Spore account after spending good money on the software. If it was clear that only one account could be used per computer, I would not have purchased Spore.

EA simply ignores me on this matter. They have taken my money, now they cowardly pretend that me, a valid paying customer, does not exist. They have not explained to me why I can't play Creature Creator. They have taken away my rights to play software I purchased after Spore erased it. Spore even informs us we will have full access to the given CC features when playing Spore. Yet this is not the case. I have lost my right to play two different pieces of software I purchased.

And Spore is not an online game. The software simply downloads content. This is a single player game, plain and simple. I have purchased and installed software from EA, now I intend to use it. But EA comes up with ridiculous excuses when they could simply make note of their greedy mistake, and fix the problem.
ZJBDragon

Multicellular

smileyfaceman wrote:False advertising laws are tricky. This is kinda like when you go to a department store and they have a sign in the window that says there was a misprint in this week's ad circular. We can cry "Bait and Switch" all we want, but it won't make any difference.
Ever work retail for one of those department stores? Back when I did (which I don't these days thankfully) if someone brought a mistake to our attention before the misprint notification was put out, then we had to give it to them even if it was a misprint. Only after the misprint notification went out could we ignore complaints. The timing was critical because those misprint notices had to go out ASAP since anyone getting the product before the notice went out got it for the erroneous price.

In Spore's case, there is no misprint notification in the readme file. There was no indication prior to the post on this forum in which gave notice that the multiple accounts information was a misprint. Because EA was not proactive in getting the word out, anyone with the money to stick it to EA would likely get so far as a settlement since this would be very bad PR for EA. EA only bothered to give out information about this supposed misprint after people brought it up and started complaining. Timing is everything.

Why in the world would you buy a C&C game in the first place? I'm sorry, but those games became crap ever since SPORE was kicked out. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Rise of Nations Gold or Sins of a Solar Empire.

EDIT: Did you know that SPORE can't be said? It's the name of a company! W-e-s-t-w-o-o-d. Did EA and that company really get their bridges burned that badly to block the name?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 20:53:57

[Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
sweetaxion

Microbe

BUMP
theultimateend

Civilized Sporeon

bigrob7605 wrote:

I love C&C but as sad as i will be. I wont be buying it... Because i have had it after Mass Effect Then Spore. I just cant take another EA Game Dramafest

I'm in the same boat. EA will never get another cent from me.

I wish west wood (really...you sensored your takeovers?) never got bought out . I had such a SPORE for them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 21:59:13

I could have done it better with the same funds and manpower. 'It' being the variable in this statement. - Me

"There is one rule for the industrialist and that is: Make the best quality of goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wage possible." - Henry Ford

My website | If I had made Spore!

[Email]
darthirishguy

Microbe

Well with SPORE officially being the most downloaded game ever it seems like DRM has really backfired on them.

With so many ppl hating the idea of securom, they've just downloaded it. People who would otherwise have bought the game.

Good business strategy.
Dayner

Multicellular

ZJBDragon wrote:
Why in the world would you buy a C&C game in the first place? I'm sorry, but those games became crap ever since SPORE was kicked out. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Rise of Nations Gold or Sins of a Solar Empire.

don't get me wrong ,i do have Sins of a Solar Empire. and i join with Demigod Beta test .. and im having a blast with with them

but my point is why EA treat customers as potential criminals , they should learn a thing or two from Stardock or Stop making game all together

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 09/14/2008 23:04:00

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dayner

Samurai warriors
try your shot in making a samurai bug
free Template in sporecast here

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: