The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
"You may have multiple Spore accounts for each installation of the game" - NOT  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Rekrapt4

Microbe

I honestly don't think EA will do anything about this. They got my money for the Creature Creator, let us make multiple accounts with it and design creatures, made me uninstall it after they got my money for the actual game, used the creatures we all built to enrich the content and launch of their game and then locked us out of all but one account. They have my money, they could care less about the one-account-per-game issue.

I don't mind a company using some sort of protection scheme to slow down the rate at which the game gets pirated. Even though, to date, no technology has been devised to prevent anything from being pirated. I just don't understand why they didn't take into consideration that there are multiple gamers in a single household.

This isn't simply a matter of "just buy another copy of the game." Once it is installed on a PC, you may only use one Spore account for that installation. I believe the developers intended for us to be able to have more than one account per install. But, EA cut that functionality out of the game, leaving families out in the cold.

It is the Online Community of Spore that makes it unique. Without family members having the ability to participate individually in that community kills the experience. As has been said by others: I want my designs and achievements chronicled in the Spore account that I created with the Creature Creator... not jumbled together in a group account.

EA has decided to cater only to the individual gamer and has cut a family experience out of the mix with Spore.

I want my money back for the Creature Creator. As far as I'm concerned right now, EA conned me out of $10 bucks and used the Creature Creator to lead me to believe that the game's user account system would be something decidedly other than what it actually turned out to be. It was my experience with the Creature Creator that led to my final decision to purchase Spore for my family in the first place.

And, to those of you saying "sour grapes", you obviously aren't sharing the game with other members of your family.. Ether that, or you're just a troll.
hideflomein

Microbe

Bump
Bigrob7605

Multicellular

You guys know just as well as I do. They have our money. They don't give a rat's arse. And they haven't done anything or said anything beside beating around the bush. That's all they are going to do.

They have gone over the line. And they are going to pay very very bad. Because spore's gonna get old fast! already has for a lot. And when it does for all. they are gonna want more money. And they are going to drop an X-Pack for more content. And guess what? They wont make a dime. And then the hard fact will set in..

"We made out bed now it's time to lay in it" Because no one not me not anyone will buy it. Sure they will get a few people to buy it. But at this point the way they are handling thing's. Nothing good will come of it.. I can see that and im sure you all can. And EA get pissed at me if you want. Im only calling it the way I see it.

Because none of you have done anything to fix these issues. You only offered stupid answer's to postpone your response you will be forced to make once spore finishing going down the drain...

I really really saw this game as something special. And now I see it was just a last attempt at getting as many dollar's as you could. Go out with a bang I guess EA? Because EA's been going down hill for awhile. And now they prolly made enough money to flip off everybody and said hahahah guess what? Stuck you with a POS. and I got your money. and after your 3 installs no more game for you!!! HAHAAHAH.

So there you go people. Spore in a nut-shell.
Rekrapt4

Microbe

bigrob7605 wrote:... So there you go people. Spore in a nut-shell.

Sadly, I think you are probably right.
earthbounder64

Multicellular

stemot wrote:I just received this e-mail from EA:-

Hello Ste,

This is Canon again. I deeply apologise for the continued difficulties with the Spore game. There was a minor issue with the entitlement, which has now been fixed. You may now retry with logging in to your 'xxxx@xxxxx.com' account, you should now have the same privileges with the aforementioned account.

Regarding the screenshot you provided with the "conflicting" statement, this is not a mistaken statement as an account that already has Spore entitled to it should be able to make use of the said option. Since you now have two accounts with Spore entitlements, you may use the Logout feature as needed.

Best Regards,

Canon D.
Electronic Arts™ Customer Support
Indeed. I can now log on with two accounts as I needed in the first please.
I guess I should be happy, and I am, but I can't help feeling that if it can be done, why are they holding it back?
So if you do want multiple accounts, pester the **** out of EA and threaten them with Trading Standards etc, worked for me.

EDIT:- The funny thing is, I was getting on to Trading Standards this afternoon too, no reason too now.

Wait wait wait...
So you got them to activate a second account on just 1 copy of Spore?
I want to make sure this is correct before citing this as an example for my gf's account.
[Email]
Rekrapt4

Microbe

earthbounder64 wrote:Wait wait wait...
So you got them to activate a second account on just 1 copy of Spore?
I want to make sure this is correct before citing this as an example for my gf's account.

It would seem you are reading it correctly. They can do it... I have submitted a request for similar treatment with EA Support. I am awaiting their answer.
heints

Microbe

I should of known not to give EA my money. I've never liked EA because of halfa$$ efforts on their recent Madden games. Then they snag away the Take Two NFL rights. By the way EA, All Pro Football played and looked X10 better than Madden. It's a shame you couldn't just make a better Madden, instead of paying off the NFL, and making crap. The money you payed the NFL could have gone into the production of better games, and a gigantic number of stupid expansion packs for the Sims. Everyone knows you are milking your consumer base. We are not that stupid.

I'm glad thousands upon thousands of people installed pirated copies of Spore, before it was even released here in USA. That's what you deserve for trying to nickle and dime, lie, and screw loyal paying customers over.

Today I played Spore on my daughters account (She is already completely bored with this shallow game). I have to say it's a very unique game, and it becomes very boring, very fast. So I'm not going to b!tch like I used to, but I WILL NEVER BUY another EA product. I might take if for free, but no more money from me. I will pay those developers and producers who deserve my cash.

And I'll still not go away from these threads. EA, Maxis, if you want my money in the future, you better apologize and fix this stupid, minuscule error. I have given you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. That can stop right now very easily.
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

I believe the quote above refers to a situation where by someone has purchased two copies of Spore --two serials -- two accounts -- involved, and wanted them to both function on the same PC. It does not refer to a situation by which someone has two profiles under the same account.

Rekrapt4

Microbe

sporemasterkaliena wrote:I believe the quote above refers to a situation where by someone has purchased two copies of Spore --two serials -- two accounts -- involved, and wanted them to both function on the same PC. It does not refer to a situation by which someone has two profiles under the same account.

Perhaps you're right. But, it proves that the multi-user functionality is built into the game.
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Multi users in the sense of having an e-mail address linked to a valid serial number, yes. Anyone can log into any Spore install on any computer IF they have already registered their e-mail address to a valid serial. It is the getting the second purchased serial linked up if you only have one computer which has been tricky. This was clarified in previous posts by Maxis staff.

illmryn

Microbe

signed.

cause i hate the word bump.

and i have 2 copies, one for my lappy, one for the family desky i dont use, cause family uses it and i has a lappy.
i can log in there, the first family member to get to it can log in... and others get to go to the account creation screen and run to us lucky ones for aid...

edit: now that ive looked around a little... i have some BS to point out. you can not be logged in on your legit account on 3 compys at once. i logged in downstairs while my lappy was running, cause i was trying to help my brother create his account. when i (failed and) came back to the lappy, i had been logged out, cause i was logged in elsewhere. no error message, no notice, just save and go to the main menu and see the "not logged in" tag.

at least pick a lie that is supported by your software.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 06:28:31

Rekrapt4

Microbe

I'm certainly not asking for the ability to have concurrent logins. One computer, more than one profile account. I don't believe for a moment that it isn't already built-in. As a programmer, if their user asset hierarchy doesn't support multiple users... well, frankly, it would be an insult to the intelligence of the Spore developers to suggest they would do it that way to begin with. Not buying the misprint excuse. This was a corporate decision.
novablack

Microbe

/signed

absolutely ridiculous.

why is ea being run like this. its AWFUL. yeah you make a quick buck.. but your naieve if you think you next games will sell.
Draycen

Microbe

Hi Stemot, can you please confirm whether you own two copies of Spore, or whether EA linked your single copy to two email accounts.

Cheers
Draycen
yagimoo

Microbe

Great game, but this DRM is just retarded. Well, gratz EA, u may got my money this time, but if you put out these stupid crap again, count me out.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: