The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
How do I take a colony off a planet without destroying it?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Aetom

Microbe

I have WAY too many yellow spice planets (about 15) and seeing as I can't give the junk away at a decent price and it not even being worth my time except to go back every 5 minutes and defend it from pirates.

So, how can I take my colonies off my yellow spice planets without destroying them?

I know that destroying a planet will tick off the empires around me, but I have no idea what would happen if I did it to my own empire...I don't even want to think about it

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.
PariahDog

Multicellular

The first time I used the planetbuster, I used it on the spiceless world in my homesystem, and everyone hated me anyway.

Remove all the buildings and turrets from the worlds and then abandon them. They won't collect spice, and you don't have to defend them if you don't want to. Use the rename cheat to mark them so that when you get paged about your civilization being destroyed, you'll know which ones to ignore.
sagittary

MouthBreather

Yeah, pretty much let them go down the tube. They'll stop doing stuff and, eventually, they may get destroyed. Either way, don't worry about 'em. You'll get some money back for the buildings, though the colonies themselves you won't.

I do suppose it would be nice to be able to pack up a colony or transfer colonists or something.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/sagittary // Images are clickable

Truth is the ultimate weapon. Denial, the ultimate defense.
Blazur

Multicellular

Just destroy your colonies. I had to do that in one of my games because I colonized a bunch of poor planets out of inexperience. If you're concerned about money you can sell off all your buildings prior to doing it. As far as I can tell there's no repercussions, and it's a great way to consolidate your empire.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/20/2008 01:33:20

Michlo

Multicellular

Why would you need to?

The pirates are just going to steal some spice, not destroy your colony. So let them.

You may still find a use for that colony at some point (for a jump point, wildlife park, if you lose some of your others, etc).

Cheers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/20/2008 02:46:43

Lord Michlo
Founder and protector of Clan Walker

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Michlo|2263152875

[WWW]
Matterialize

Multicellular

You could just go to each colony and remove the factories. That'll halt spice production, won't it?

Rauros

Multicellular

Nuke 'em. Just remind them that the plans and demolition orders have been on display at their local planning office for fifty years, so they've had plenty of time to lodge formal complaints.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
theultimateend

Civilized Sporeon

I make a habit of destroying any planet that doesn't have blue, pink, or purple spice.

Why?

Well because the other races can't take them over and I don't have to see their ugly cheap spice again .

I could have done it better with the same funds and manpower. 'It' being the variable in this statement. - Me

"There is one rule for the industrialist and that is: Make the best quality of goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wage possible." - Henry Ford

My website | If I had made Spore!

[Email]
Rauros

Multicellular

theultimateend wrote:I make a habit of destroying any planet that doesn't have blue, pink, or purple spice.

Why?

Well because the other races can't take them over and I don't have to see their ugly cheap spice again .

Green > Blue, and sometimes Pink.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Kenji03

Microbe

Yeah, I like to consolidate my empire too. A "Abandon planet" function would be amazing. Let's start a petition !

rauros wrote:Nuke 'em. Just remind them that the plans and demolition orders have been on display at their local planning office for fifty years, so they've had plenty of time to lodge formal complaints.
You sir, just made my morning.
istaraa

Microbe

theultimateend wrote:I make a habit of destroying any planet that doesn't have blue, pink, or purple spice.

Why?

I always seem to get way more for green than for blue.
PariahDog

Multicellular

I solved the problem by only colonizing seven worlds (to complete the homeworld mission.) This gives me at least one spice planet of each color, and an easily manageable size. I keep some colony tools (colony pak, uberturret, bioprotector, etc) on board in case I want another world, but so far I haven't bothered.
Alphozo

Microbe

do you mean a file or in the space stage? cuz im havin trouble with files. Does another file empty file come up when you delete a file?
RocketHotdog

Multicellular

anti
matter
bomb

"Ralphiolio heproon en ralphiolio, an brugely vlamit, transflablama flognort!"
"Pishtashurn uh pishtashurn, oh gazig ma flurgnurg, oh va prahb ma blisger!"
"yureele quarm de benenser, ooh raba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"
bleep95

Multicellular

PariahDog wrote:The first time I used the planetbuster, I used it on the spiceless world in my homesystem, and everyone hated me anyway.

Remove all the buildings and turrets from the worlds and then abandon them. They won't collect spice, and you don't have to defend them if you don't want to. Use the rename cheat to mark them so that when you get paged about your civilization being destroyed, you'll know which ones to ignore.

So... What IS the re-name cheat? O.o

Edit: Blue spice is worthless, worse than red >.>

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/28/2008 14:59:07

These are the sabreey. They are about 15 times as awesome as you.
Oh, and they have a sporecast

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: