The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Quick Guide to Adventure Filters  XML
Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

Quick Guide to Adventure Filters

You may have already played around with the styleFilter cheats in Spore, but you'll need to use the adventureLook cheat to change the look of your Galactic Adventure.

Your filter changes will be saved and published with the adventure, so others playing it can see it just as you intended it to look!

Filter previews:

Easy steps to applying an Adventure filter:
1. Open your adventure in edit mode
2. Open the cheat console by pressing CTRL SHFT C
3. Type in adventureLook followed by a filtername (listed below). I.E. for sepia, type in
"adventureLook -sepia"
4. Check it out in play mode, and if you like it, save and publish.

Filters available
-filmnoir
-eightbit
-sixteenbit
-watercolor
-norainbows
-sepia
-none

To reference the filter list in your game, type "help adventureLook" into the cheat console to list all filters.

MaxisCactus' Tip: Don't use the styleFilter cheat when in adventure mode. It won't work and the adventure may break.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/18/2009 19:03:32

[WWW]
Doomnova

Civilized Sporeon

Thank you for posting this. I really like the eightbit and sixteenbit filters... I was thinking of creating an eightbit adventure actually, with all kinds of characters from old video games. :]

Also, I used styleFilters and it didn't effect the adventure I was playing/creating in any way.

And by the way, will some of the stylefilters get added as adventurelooks later? Like microscope? It would be fun to make a microscope adventure. :]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/08/2009 22:43:18

Derella

Microbe

Doomnova wrote:And by the way, will some of the stylefilters get added as adventurelooks later? Like microscope? It would be fun to make a microscope adventure. :]

I agree -- that was the one I saw with the most potential for a really otherworldly adventure

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. -- Leonardo DaVinci
StarUniter

Civilized Sporeon

If you are looking at this you are in the rate the persons location thread

filmnoir had the most potential in my eyes

MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

Doomnova wrote:Thank you for posting this. I really like the eightbit and sixteenbit filters... I was thinking of creating an eightbit adventure actually, with all kinds of characters from old video games. :]

Also, I used styleFilters and it didn't effect the adventure I was playing/creating in any way.

And by the way, will some of the stylefilters get added as adventurelooks later? Like microscope? It would be fun to make a microscope adventure. :]

My warning against using the styleFilter cheat in adventure edit mode was based on wonkiness I've experienced with this and the advice of the engineer who created the filters. However, you can use cheats however you like - at your own risk .

We don't currently have plans to add the other styleFilter filters to GA, but I can note the request to the team.
[WWW]
Luminar

Civilized Sporeon

MaxisCactus wrote:MaxisCactus' Tip: Don't use the styleFilter cheat when in adventure mode. It won't work and the adventure may break.

I can back this up actually, this is probably what caused one of my adventures to just completley fail to share at all, no matter what.

aim icon
IZombie420

MouthBreather

In the Laboratory shooting a laser into some ones brain. MUAHAHAHA

ummmm......Why wasn't this just made an option, instead of some thing that will most likely screw your adventure up? Whats with the cheat thing.. how bout just.. Effects that work? Call me crazy but it just might work. Or is this messing with the enter workings of the game some how? i don't get it..

STOP BY THE LABORATORY AND JOIN THE MAD SCIENTIST GUILD!!
[Email]
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

IZombie420 wrote:ummmm......Why wasn't this just made an option, instead of some thing that will most likely screw your adventure up? Whats with the cheat thing.. how bout just.. Effects that work? Call me crazy but it just might work. Or is this messing with the enter workings of the game some how? i don't get it..

I should clarify that my warning against using styleFilter in adventure mode is superfluous. The correct filters for Adventure mode are the adventureLook ones. This was simply a cautionary note, just in case anyone was curious and thought they'd try mixing these up.

[WWW]
Drew333

Multicellular

Does the Nextgen one not work?

Spode Worker

MouthBreather

Drew333 wrote:Does the Nextgen one not work?

The ones posted above are available, I think that's it. You could try requesting certain types...

I say, this is a great idea, adjusting the look of your adventure to match the style In fact, I'll try one out right now!

Back.
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

Hope you'll post a couple screenshots to show how it turns out.
[WWW]
orthidostiss

MouthBreather

I saved one adventure with eighteenbit and it saved normally is there something I'm missing here?

27howitzer

Multicellular

Ohio, yes Ohio, laugh it up people, I know it sucks

yeah I cant even get it to show up right, just to clarify this is the correct way to type it right?

adventureLook -sepia

it accepts it as a working code but it doesnt do anything when I go to test the adventure

zachd94

Spacefaring Sporeling

What are your graphics set at?

[Email]
masterlemons123

Multicellular

O MY GOD.
They have 8-bit? Thats sweet, I'm so making a old-school inspired mission =D

Signatureless, you got a problem with that?

Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Go to: