The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Civ. Stage, how do I buy off other cities?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
SirKibble

Microbe

I'm currently in the civilization stage, and I'm an economic based city. Last time I played, several other cities appeared. I clicked on one of them and noticed that one of the options was to "buy the city". I clicked it, but it said I first needed to create a trade route. I created a trade route with the city, but then the option to buy the city disappeared. So, how do you buy off another city? Also, how do you change your relationship with other cities? Several cities have the yellow face as our relationship, and I tried gifting them, but they didn't become more friendly towards me. Would gifting them more money at once help? Thanks in advance for your help!
misterhaan

MouthBreather

starting a trade route will get you money, improve the relationship, and start an economic takeover. when the takeover bar is complete, the option to purchase the city will show up.

you can improve your relationship with other civilizations by giving them money, but only to a point (i think it's +150, but i don't remember for sure).

you can also compliment them for +10 (just once)

[WWW]
MKCSTEALTH

GalacticGod

trade a bunch get a bunch of spice when the meter gets fully ask to buy a city then pay money. later on in the stage civilizations will want more money.
Roflzilla

Multicellular

What you need to do is having a trade nation, and you can only trade with blue and green faced nations.
Roflzilla

Multicellular

I also forgot to add, the price of the city depends on what difficulty (I think), how much they like you, and what is inside the city. For example, if you trade with a blue smiley nation with like 1 building on hard, you can buy it for 4k sporebucks.
Nalaar

Microbe

If you give a little money to other empires, your relationship will improve a little ; but if you give him a lot of money in gifts, your relationship will improve a lot.

Mu hatchilngs are going to die, please click on them

Thanks
Delta2313

Multicellular

Hyrule :-) planning to use the power of triforce

Roflzilla wrote:What you need to do is having a trade nation, and you can only trade with blue and green faced nations.

No that is not true (i'd send Video of it if i could but i cannot, due that i do not send to Youtube) but sometimes it is possible with Yellow Face(best for 25+relation) but i have once traded with only +8 relation because of the Dire need of it...(as in their empire thought it best to have a Trade Route with me at the time...if you want a video i could try and get one later if you NEED proof...

A friend of mine once said to me:
I wish a fiery death unto you after I rip out your intestines with a bike pump and make you do 1,000 no-handed push-ups. After you've been burnt into ashes I will kill you again...
Nedninja

Civilized Sporeon

In the dictionary, right next to the word gullible. Don't believe me? Go check.

You need to trade with them using economic vehicles.

My Profile
My Creations
My Sporecasts
My Achievements

Comment on 1 of my creations and I'll comment on 5 of yours!
[WWW]
Taupo

Civilized Sporeon

Delta2313 wrote:
Roflzilla wrote:What you need to do is having a trade nation, and you can only trade with blue and green faced nations.

No that is not true (i'd send Video of it if i could but i cannot, due that i do not send to Youtube) but sometimes it is possible with Yellow Face(best for 25+relation) but i have once traded with only +8 relation because of the Dire need of it...(as in their empire thought it best to have a Trade Route with me at the time...if you want a video i could try and get one later if you NEED proof...

True. It depends on your vehicles 'economic power' as to how low the relationship can be to get a trade route.

As Nedninja says, you need to select an economic city and right click on their city (or left click, I cant remember), then select 'propose trade route' once the vehicle reaches the city a message will pop up and the empire will either accept or decline. If they accept, select all your vehicles and click on their city and they'll start trading. If they decline, then try improving your relationship or your economic power.

Suspension counter: 90+!
<--My profile.

This signature is dedicated to the assassinated heroes that were MinionJoe, Vilage, Viz, Darwin, Dragonvoid, AaronMk and me now, supposedly.
-My DA-
[WWW]
Delta2313

Multicellular

Hyrule :-) planning to use the power of triforce

Taupo wrote:you need to select an economic city and right click on their city (or left click, I cant remember), then select 'propose trade route.

True...Except it doesn't need to be an economic city you trade with(and i believe its left click)
me wrote:Answers will come if you just look into the past.
I believe Einstein wrote:The key to the future is in the past.

EDIT---sorry i love doing that quote a quote thats never actually been done in this post thing. though i do believe einstein said that so i give him credit.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/08/2009 02:52:13

A friend of mine once said to me:
I wish a fiery death unto you after I rip out your intestines with a bike pump and make you do 1,000 no-handed push-ups. After you've been burnt into ashes I will kill you again...
Taupo

Civilized Sporeon

Delta2313 wrote:
Taupo wrote:you need to select an economic city and right click on their city (or left click, I cant remember), then select 'propose trade route.

True...Except it doesn't need to be an economic city you trade with(and i believe its left click)

Whoops, I meant economic vehicle

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/08/2009 03:48:49

Suspension counter: 90+!
<--My profile.

This signature is dedicated to the assassinated heroes that were MinionJoe, Vilage, Viz, Darwin, Dragonvoid, AaronMk and me now, supposedly.
-My DA-
[WWW]
Hitsu123

Multicellular

Hm.. As long as they like you and you have a economic vehicle, you should be able to buy the cities.

Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123 Hitsu123
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: