The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Tauric

Microbe

Yeah. Some kind of skill tree like in d2 or games like that would have worked well.
Im totally bored of the creatures that have large amounts of that weapons stuff etc. just attached to somewhere so they get the skills.

meisterlupin

Microbe

Kudos to EA for adding some new content in the same year as it's initial release . Adding this pack in November ? Well that just adds more traffic congestion to a month full of incredible game releases ~Big Mistake! Left 4 Dead , Call of Duty 5 , FallOut 3 , will all be getting more play after they release . I would have loved this pack this month October , hey and i think we all would love to play that free game you keep postponing called BATTLEFIELD HEROES . Oh and I see Electronic Arts delayed Mirror's Edge to January 2009 (r i ii i ii i i ghht! , hardly any quarter 1 games that get postponed to Jan, have ever released that month , thats the game company way of letting you down easy that they are postponing it to Spring or maybe even SUmmer )

But back to topic , what can you expect from this parts pack and all expansions ?? Pirate versions of the main game will not install them , E A will make a compatibility patch , and of course pirate cracks cant update , so you illegal spore masters are out of the loop . I would venture a guess the 2009 mission expansion is going to make the game fresh again , and the creature parts thing should prob be priced at $15 , because this economy we are in is tough enough on wage earners (esp.the downloadable versions) I'd like to invest in the Creepy and Cute Pack , but dropping this minor addon during the worst economic crisis of the US , and during the blitzkrieg of legendary game releases makes it a distant buying priority for me . Unless you drop the price a bit , it worked for Crysis Warhead (go buy it $29.99 and has two games inside) , and Crytek is seeing their decision profit them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2008 17:23:40

RocketGirl

MouthBreather

unclecaveman wrote:Because you have seen exactly the type of missions that are going to be possible, and know for sure that they are going to be basic fetch quests that do not have any real purpose, right? I mean, everybody knows that Maxis is not able to possibly make something better, more interesting, and more fun.

So, how exactly do you think they're going to do anything other than make variants on the missions we already have? Everything there is to do in the Spore Galaxy has already been found; the game is too SIMPLE to have the kinds of complicated missions that would make a mission pack interesting.

Unless this pack makes some truly fundamental changes to actual gameplay--adding advanced and detailed diplomatic systems, for example, or making ecosystems less of a fill-in-the-blanks kind of affair--there's not a whole heckuvalot they can possibly do. Because there already isn't a lot to do in the Sporeverse: go there, kill that, fetch this, change that, buy/sell those...what else is there to do?

If they're going to add to the game, they should add what the game needs: complexity.

The problem is that Spore has become a coloring book instead of a chemistry set

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." -Douglas Adams
IncognitoSOS

Microbe

Wow... Couldn't see this one coming. What a big surprise (sarcasm)

Just to let EA know, I put away Spore into a storage box a month ago, roughly two weeks after Spore was released. It was that bad.

People who love the editors who get this will be getting a okay deal but exactly how long will you be playing with these parts. Chances are that EA will release a new parts pack every two months.

For the twenty dollars that you can spend on this pack you could do several things

1. Purchase the five original X-Com games on Steam (actually it's 15.00, and it's actually a good deal)

2. Buy about 5 gallons of gasoline ( )

3. Buy 200 packs of Ramen Noodles ( I actually saw them on sale for 10 cents a piece once. Think about that. They are selling those things for ten cents and still making a profit)

4. Bribe me to stop making such terrible posts.

See you can do a lot of things with twenty dollars. Shame, they should have made this a five dollar download from their website.

I will not be buying this. (Obviously)

And about that "expansion" coming out in 09. I would just love to spend twenty dollars so that I can create my own missions, a feature that should have been included in the original. What about other features like creating more than one UFO, or hiring other races to do your missions? I probably won't be buying that one either.
Eekwotsthat

MouthBreather

I know it was a few posts back but I agree.. bring back Stat Stacking as in the original Creature Creator !

Saturndjinni

Microbe

Eekwotsthat wrote:I know it was a few posts back but I agree.. bring back Stat Stacking as in the original Creature Creator !

Yeah, I dunno why they got rid of that o_O It made more sense, and allowed a lot more creativity than just sticking a bunch of level 5 parts on.

I like Spore. However, I am NOT twelve years old, nor a 'casual gamer', nor ignorant or in denial. I'm just a person who likes games, and happens to like one you don't. Go ahead and hate on the game all you want, but please, stop insulting/generalizing the people who DO like it. Thanks.

My profile | My artz
unclecaveman

Multicellular

RocketGirl wrote:
unclecaveman wrote:Because you have seen exactly the type of missions that are going to be possible, and know for sure that they are going to be basic fetch quests that do not have any real purpose, right? I mean, everybody knows that Maxis is not able to possibly make something better, more interesting, and more fun.

So, how exactly do you think they're going to do anything other than make variants on the missions we already have? Everything there is to do in the Spore Galaxy has already been found; the game is too SIMPLE to have the kinds of complicated missions that would make a mission pack interesting.

Unless this pack makes some truly fundamental changes to actual gameplay--adding advanced and detailed diplomatic systems, for example, or making ecosystems less of a fill-in-the-blanks kind of affair--there's not a whole heckuvalot they can possibly do. Because there already isn't a lot to do in the Sporeverse: go there, kill that, fetch this, change that, buy/sell those...what else is there to do?

If they're going to add to the game, they should add what the game needs: complexity.
Lucy said in an interview that they are adding, guess what, DEPTH! She used that exact word. Gameplay depth. People were compaining about not enough gameplay depth, so they are going to flesh it out a lot more with this expansion pack. Besides, I highly doubt the mission editor and beaming down is the only thing in the pack. No expansion pack ever released has had only a minor tweak or two. They always have pretty hefty changes, such as a new campaign, new classes, new weapons, whatever. Maxis isn't going to just add a small amount of gameplay in a full fledged expansion, claim it adds to the depth that people want, and be on their way. They would lose a large amount of customers by doing that.

They know people are complaining. They are trying to fix that by adding new features and increasing the amount of gameplay. They have seen people's reactions to the game, and are going out of their way to improve it to make their customers happy. Why would you complain about them trying to fix the problem you were complaining about originally?

"You messed it up, blarg. Now you're trying to fix it? Screw you! You shouldn't have messed up in the first place! BLARGETTY BLARG BLARG!"

May the Brambler Empire bring peace to the galaxy... as long as the Oston Empire doesn't buy it first.

Claudio, Ambellina, Jesse, The Writing Writer, Mayo Deftinwolf
OneBlackbird

Spacefaring Sporeling

I agree with unclecaveman.

Unfortunately, some people are just going to complain about everything because they can.
It's like that Zen story about the monk who keeps pulling a scorpion out of a river despite the fact it stings him.
Another monk asks him why he continues to do it and the first simply replies, "Because it is my nature."

Didzo wrote:There are few things Blackbird enjoys more than the sweet taste of children's tears. This delicious nectar trickles down through the sphincter he calls a soul, giving a shadow of life to the hollowness within. It is the aroma of the deaths of innocence that keeps him lucid in his fetid void of existence. The soft, mournful cry of children is a lullaby to Blackbird as he drifts off to a dreamless sleep. For Blackbird, he is Worse than Hitler.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Charle88

Microbe

Hey,I found some in-game screenshots of the game.

xenocws

Microbe

Nice find Charle!

I was on the fence about the creature part pack, but now that I can see variety of different items I think it will be pretty cool. Not sure its worth 20 dollars but can see myself making some wacky and nasty creatures with it.

Wondering if those test animations mean they also do it ingame as well? One of my complaints about creature stage is how repetitive the animations can get.
Charle88

Microbe

I found some more images on the Cute creatures.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2008 22:44:38

bonobotheory

Multicellular

unclecaveman wrote:They know people are complaining. They are trying to fix that by adding new features and increasing the amount of gameplay. They have seen people's reactions to the game, and are going out of their way to improve it to make their customers happy. Why would you complain about them trying to fix the problem you were complaining about originally?

"You messed it up, blarg. Now you're trying to fix it? Screw you! You shouldn't have messed up in the first place! BLARGETTY BLARG BLARG!"

Getting conned is understandable - it happens to the best and brightest of us. But to give more money to the same con man, expecting him to make things right, is just plain stupid.
RocketGirl

MouthBreather

unclecaveman wrote:
They know people are complaining. They are trying to fix that by adding new features and increasing the amount of gameplay. They have seen people's reactions to the game, and are going out of their way to improve it to make their customers happy. Why would you complain about them trying to fix the problem you were complaining about originally?

Because what little they've said so far sounds more like a half-hearted token gesture and less like a wholehearted fix.

Believe me, if they were telling me what I wanted to hear and meant it, I'd be cheering louder than anybody.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." -Douglas Adams
Cesar8002

Multicellular

bonobotheory wrote:Getting conned is understandable - it happens to the best and brightest of us. But to give more money to the same con man, expecting him to make things right, is just plain stupid.

You summed it perfectly, bonobotheory. Fooled once, shame on them, fooled twice...

RocketGirl

MouthBreather

Cesar8002 wrote:
bonobotheory wrote:Getting conned is understandable - it happens to the best and brightest of us. But to give more money to the same con man, expecting him to make things right, is just plain stupid.

You summed it perfectly, bonobotheory. Fooled once, shame on them, fooled twice...

And even if they claim up and down that what I'm getting is exactly what I want, at this point I'd be more inclined to do what I do with CDs, just to be on the safe side: download the living SPORE out of it, see if I like it, then either delete or buy.

Think of it as a 5-day trial or something; I have no intention of actually ripping Maxis off, but after the SPORE that Spore turned out to be, I have no intention of letting them rip ME off again, either. I suppose another option is to find a friend who IS a sucker--though I have precious few of those--and try the X-Pack out on their system...but one way or another, I'd like to find out if this X-Pack is GOOD before I plunk down money for it; I don't see how any reasonable person could object to that. In fact, objecting to that is, frankly, tacit admission that ripping me off is the goal, here.

Just sayin'...

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: