The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
the melting point of wood  XML
Forum Index » Science and Spore
stoaperture

Multicellular

watching nasa tv... waiting for something to happen... zzz...

is it possible to melt wood? because when you simply burn it it turns to ash... and what would molten wood look like?

sto's weird land sporecast: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500406278262
sto's actual adventures sporecast: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500407166463
follow me on twitter (link below) for updates on my GA adventures!
[WWW]
Aarrrrghhh

Multicellular

it would just burn after a while.

I am also known as lollerskates.... so bear with me here. Give me internetz as a repping system.
I'm learning HTML! PROGRESS:
{1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-DONE!}
stoaperture

Multicellular

Aarrrrghhh wrote:it would just burn after a while.

what exactly do you mean by burn, as in just burning it? or it burns down to its basic elements etc?

sto's weird land sporecast: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500406278262
sto's actual adventures sporecast: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500407166463
[WWW]
AaronMk

GalacticGod

You can't melt wood, it's organic and is made of carbon. So it'll burn and turn to ash, not melt like metal and rock does.

OTC | Youtube | Steam|RSBC | The DNR club | DA | ECF | | Unban the ECF forever
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
stoaperture

Multicellular

ok

[WWW]
CommanderT

MouthBreather

stoaperture wrote:is it possible to melt wood? because when you simply burn it it turns to ash... and what would molten wood look like?

lmao

visit my spore profile, check out my sporecasts and drop comments and tips! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CommanderT

oo achievements! http://www.spore.com/view/achievements/CommanderT

tyrannolodon

GalacticGod

The only feasible way of melting wood is in a oxygenless area.

UltimaCenturion

Multicellular

tyrannolodon wrote:The only feasible way of melting wood is in a oxygenless area.

Even then, you need a reducing environment, because anything capable of oxidizing wood would light it on fire. (It doesn't take just oxygen to make fire, in a chemical sense. Oxygen just happens to be the strongest possible oxidizer.) Anyways, that's just technicalities.

"Life in the natural state of man is savage, brutal, and short." ~Immanuel Kant

"Announce this to the house of Jacob and proclaim it in Judah: Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear: Should you not fear me?" declares the LORD. "Should you not tremble in my presence? I made the sand a boundary for the sea, an everlasting barrier it cannot cross. The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail; they may roar, but they cannot cross it. But these people have stubborn and rebellious hearts; they have turned aside and gone away. They do not say to themselves, 'Let us fear the LORD our God, who gives autumn and spring rains in season, who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest.' Your wrongdoings have kept these away; your sins have deprived you of good.

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

I am the MONOTHEISTLORD, master of all debates MONOTHEIST. I am DEFENDER OF MONOTHEISM and the ANTAGONIST OF ALL ATHEISTS AND PAGANS. Woot.
shadeofmoose318

GalacticGod

tyrannolodon wrote:The only feasible way of melting wood is in a oxygenless area.

LOL create a fire to melt something without oxygen.

Do not drink alcohol to excess
YOU! Yes, You there! Reading this? Can you make a signature?I'm taking that as a "Yes". PM me (or SilentEpiphany) if you feel like making a sig.
Kafka's "death sentence"
I may go as this account or SilentEpiphany
tyrannolodon

GalacticGod

shadeofmoose318 wrote:

LOL create a fire to melt something without oxygen.

Hahah funny, you don't need oxygen to melt something, and fire is not the only source of heat, nowadays we use electricity for that.

shadeofmoose318

GalacticGod

I know, I'm retarded when it comes to science stuff I was just making a joke, which is what I'm good at. I find the people in the Science and Spore section to be a somber bunch, so I find it my job to mess up their careful, serious, calculated research with a few comments from the Peanut Gallery.

YOU! Yes, You there! Reading this? Can you make a signature?I'm taking that as a "Yes". PM me (or SilentEpiphany) if you feel like making a sig.
Kafka's "death sentence"
tyrannolodon

GalacticGod

shadeofmoose318 wrote:I know, I'm retarded when it comes to science stuff I was just making a joke, which is what I'm good at. I find the people in the Science and Spore section to be a somber bunch, so I find it my job to mess up their careful, serious, calculated research with a few comments from the Peanut Gallery.

So your from the peanut gallery ay? Peanut, meet thirty six foot tall elephant, thirty six foot tall elephant, meet peanut. elephant chases shadeofmoose318 while the benny hill theme plays.

shadeofmoose318

GalacticGod

Use the Force moose.... I stop running and close my eyes and outstretch my hand.

SPLAT!

Wow I didn't think you'd believe that crap...

But back on topic.

Kafka's "death sentence"
GloxInTheBox

Spacefaring Sporeling

This topic is like the melting point of water. THERE IS NONE.

tyrannolodon

GalacticGod

GloxInTheBox wrote:This topic is like the melting point of water. THERE IS NONE.

Actually there is, 0 degrees celsius. Water does not only refer to it's liquid state.

Forum Index » Science and Spore
Go to: