The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

-=Lords of the Past=-  XML
Forum Index » Creator Corner
hibob278

Microbe

I got a Giganotosaurus I'm working on, and it's turning out quite well.

The image won't paste on the reply, so i can't send you the .png...

The Lil' Bogus

Dinosaur Fanatic
[WWW]
Triop5

MouthBreather

This is a call to anyone who enjoys Spore dinosaurs:
Creator Dinosauraptor900, formerly hcoatlan, plans to quit making his excellent dinosaurs because he thinks his creations are bad and unappreciated. Please visit his creations here: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Dinosauraptor900|500824516875
Your help returning dinosaurs to Spore is greatly appreciated.

DinoLord

MouthBreather

Old timer here. Dang I haven't done Spore in a while (over 2 years). Back in the day I used to think everything I made was great but now I realize my creations were pretty hit and miss back then. Can't believe I still have 231 subscribers. Looking back one of my proudest creations was the Brachiosaurus skeleton I made back in 2010. Did it completely from memory with no references. Kind of disappointed it was only remade twice unlike the other dino skeletons on the Sporepedia which there seem to be hundreds of versions of.

If I ever get a computer capable of running Spore in its full glory again I may go back to creating, but I'm not quite sure if I should.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/30/2013 02:15:42

JadeElf

Multicellular

Really old timer here from back when spore and LoTP was brand new.
ben a while since i did anything on spore, but i'm back and updateing a lot of my old dinos.

and adding a few newly discovered ones too.

Nasutoceratops

Parasaurolophus

Vagaceratops

Guanlong

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/16/2013 05:59:57

Evolution takes no prisoners.
[WWW]
tklarenb

MouthBreather

Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Cluster

Wow, this thread is finally alive again!

I've posted way too many dinosaurs since this thread died off to show them off, but I can show something I quick made last week in Unity:

I can't take any credit for the code so far (the raptor's using a combination of two scripts written by other people), but I did make the Velociraptor. I modeled and animated it in Blender (and is in fact the first model I've made entirely in Blender) using ChrisMasna's depiction of them from deviantart as a reference:

Besides my accidentally making the forearm too short (basically I left out the shoulder area) I think it turned out pretty good. Now I just have to learn how to texture in Blender to finish it (I tried importing it into Sculptris since texturing is way faster there, but Sculptris is rather picky on how the polygons match up)

tklarenb

MouthBreather

Sorry this is a double post, but I wanted to get the word out, and no one would see this if I edited my last post.

There is currently a game seeking funding on Kickstarter that is basically the dream game of all dinosaur fans. That is, playing as realistic dinosaurs in fossil accurate environments. It's called Dinosaur Battlegrounds, and you can find out more about it here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1319089374/dinosaur-battlegrounds

The team of Dinosaur Battlegrounds is also teaming up with Project Crynosaurs, another game with the same concept that has been in development for about a year. If you haven't heard of Crynosaurs, here's some footage of what they've done:

Unfortunately, this project has been lacking in advertising, so it's only about 16% of their way to their goal at the time of this post. So I'm posting this here to help spread the word and hopefully get more people to help fund the project. I'll be helping fund it as soon as I am able.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/23/2013 19:06:19

JadeElf

Multicellular

That game shows a lot of promise, but i just dont know how likely it its to get made, and made well.

More new creatures of mine.

Glyptodon

Thylacine

Anatotitan

Diabloceratops

Pyroraptor

Einiosaurus

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/27/2013 15:07:21

Evolution takes no prisoners.
[WWW]
tklarenb

MouthBreather

JadeElf wrote:That game shows a lot of promise, but i just dont know how likely it its to get made, and made well.

I've emailed the project lead about the game, and he's stated that even if they don't succeed in this Kickstarter, they'll still be making the game. The Kickstarter is there mainly to advertise that this game is being made. And to anyone who's grossed out by the inaccuracies in the models shown on the Kickstarter page (myself included), you don't have to worry. Those will not be the models in the final game, they are just ones made by the project lead to show the concept. They will be using the ones from Crynosaurs (so expect them to look like the ones in the video in my last post)

Triop5

MouthBreather

They've discovered a one-year-old Parasaurolophus, about the size of a sheep, and it's adorable.
http://dinosaurjoe.org/

cardiackid

Spacefaring Sporeling

Is this place still accepting members? I think I would like to join if it is.

ICE AGE COMING ICE AGE COMING

If you're reading this the devil is already here, and you're him!
[WWW]
Matthew61

Microbe

The Lords of the Past seems to be just that now, the past. As a lord no one would probably remember, and simply out of curiosity, I return to the forums to check for any signs of life. It seems somewhat metaphorically and ironically, this thread is extinct.

Rest in Peace, Lords of the Past

[Yahoo!]
Triop5

MouthBreather

No it isn't! And to prove it, Cambrian discovery:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2589969/The-520-million-year-old-gentle-giant-Fossil-reveals-bizarre-new-species-whale-ancestor-filtered-plankton.html

Brickinator

Multicellular

The Daily Mail is the least credible source you could possibly have referred to for this.

I suppose these plankton will give us cancer?
tklarenb

MouthBreather

Since there's been a slight resurgence here, I'd like to share the news that I'm now a member of the dev team for Dinosaur Battlegrounds, aka the fossil accurate sim game dinosaur lovers have always wanted! Specifically, I'm one of the modelers. I've just started modeling my first dinosaur for the game, but since I can't show you that, here's a Tyrannosaur I made when I was following some tutorials on how to properly model dinosaurs:

EannyEanny

Microbe

Singapore -- Earth -- Sol -- The Milky Way

Matthew61 wrote:The Lords of the Past seems to be just that now, the past. As a lord no one would probably remember, and simply out of curiosity, I return to the forums to check for any signs of life. It seems somewhat metaphorically and ironically, this thread is extinct.

Rest in Peace, Lords of the Past

We're not extinct yet!

Btw, nice stuff you got there tklarenb!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/04/2014 06:43:30

[WWW]

Forum Index » Creator Corner
Go to: