The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
How to make a crashed space ship  XML
Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
TokeyMcBongRip

Multicellular

hi i was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to make a crashed space ship prop for use in a adventure where you crash on an uncharted planet and have to find a way to get off of the planet, ive tried finding a way to place space craft on the ground but you cant change the height of the ship.......i can make a spectacular fire with nice smoke but all im missing is a space ship or something that looks like a space craft in a small crater on the surface of the planet.........i have so many ideas on what kind of things to make the captain have to do in order to survive and get a distress signal out to be rescued but so far my biggest hurdle is finding a way to make a crashed space ship......i mean ive found imbeded space craft in many planets in the original version of spore why wouldnt maxis give us this simple prop to be used in so many different adventures....enough of my rant other than this missing prop i love the game so far and really could use someones help. thanks in advance

"You can't stop the signal Mal. You see everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere"

Mr. Universe-Serenity
blaster97337

Civilized Sporeon

I dont really know, but i have a top hat, so its all good.

make or use a building that looks like a crashed ship there are some really good ones

The Temple
The first mission I know of that used bolder traps and snake pits, and the only one for quite some time. (recently some other people used them)
SargBjornson

Microbe

Hi! I have been making some using the building editor. Check my latest creations to see if there is something that might be useful to you

onlyletters

Multicellular

Why not hold ctrl and move the spaceship underground a little making it look like it has crashed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/24/2009 07:58:38

Fear me OR ELSE!!!!

**please note that the "or else" does not necessarily mean you will get hurt.

My Spore Page http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/onlyletters
JaffaDave1971

Microbe

Why not use the editors to create a space ship with the rocks simulation around it and then paint the rocks the desired colours. Import into GA and half sink into the ground using the Ctrl key. Use TAB to rotate into the desired position, Add some more rock debris from props and your done.

TokeyMcBongRip

Multicellular

onlyletters wrote:Why not hold ctrl and move the spaceship underground a little making it look like it has crashed.
tried many times it wont work on vehicles atleast not on mine

"You can't stop the signal Mal. You see everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere"

Mr. Universe-Serenity
blaster97337

Civilized Sporeon

I dont really know, but i have a top hat, so its all good.

onlyletters wrote:Why not hold ctrl and move the spaceship underground a little making it look like it has crashed.

you cant do that, ctrl and tab both only work for buildings every thing else needs to be straight up and at ground level (unless you can make them stand on buildings...i'm not shore if you can do that but then they dont need to be on gorund level)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/24/2009 08:01:23

The Temple
The first mission I know of that used bolder traps and snake pits, and the only one for quite some time. (recently some other people used them)
JaffaDave1971

Microbe

Then built it out of something that you can use these features with. That's all I can suggest.
MaxisKate

Microbe

You can disguise one of the gameplay objects (may I suggest a gate?) as a vehicle. Then you can sink it into the ground, just like a building.

Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Go to: