The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
New Spore Clients Available  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:
zolo1243 wrote:PSA: If you have Windows 10, only bother with the physical disc versions of Spore and its add ons.

The reason for this is, in order to install them with 100% functionality, the installshield wizards have to be run in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Origin makes it impossible to do this, so you will always be installing a half broken game. Running Origin in compatibility mode for Windows 7 will not solve this problem either.

Older versions of Origin used to enable downloading a standalone installer for the software. Why this functionality was removed is beyond me, but it breaks compatibility with Windows 10.

There may be other clients which download standalone installers that you can run in compatibility mode. If anyone would check to verify this it would be appreciated.

If you install without compatibility mode for Windows 7 enabled for the installers, you will encounter these side effects:
-dragging PNGs onto the screen to load creations in the editor will not work
-mods will only semi-work. any creations made with modded parts, the game will refuse to load as if the mods are not installed even if they are.

Origin installers are Windows 10 compatible and you shouldn't need to run in compatibility mode at all. As long as Origin has permissions to write files (Administrator) then that is all that is needed.

Maybe it's because I only upgraded to Windows 10 (started with Vista, or 8 ), and downloaded Spore THEN... it works fine for me, on 10.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/12/2017 04:43:00

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Gabrieletheman00

Multicellular

gabrieletheman wrote:I'm Going to not write a post here never again because it gets considerated "spam" when it is NOT spam! IS STUPID CLAIMING EVERYTHING SPAM!

Claiming spam who isn't spam is stupid.

Olá a todos! Eu sou GabrieleTheMan!
DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

Your mom is spam.

ChocIce75

MouthBreather

Gabrieletheman00 wrote:
gabrieletheman wrote:I'm Going to not write a post here never again because it gets considerated "spam" when it is NOT spam! IS STUPID CLAIMING EVERYTHING SPAM!

You are spamming the Sporums with tons of "User won't make hatchling grow" and "Don't use bot-part" threads. Posting the same thing over and over again is spamming, have only one thread for each thing at a time, and once that gets locked/deleted, then you can make another.

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
ChocIce75

MouthBreather

DireSquidGuy wrote:
Maybe it's because I only upgraded to Windows 10 (started with Vista, or 8 ), and downloaded Spore THEN... it works fine for me, on 10.

Or, you can use the Steam version, which installs the files off Steam's servers.

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
Caelie

Microbe

Well, I recently learned of this news.
My codes don't work, so I had to contact EA support. The base game inquiry went through nice and quickly.
My second run through support to get C&C said that the content should come with the game. It didn't. So I'm stuck with the base game.

I need to send a third ticket to get C&C, and a fourth to get Galactic adventures.
Or did I do something wrong at the start?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/03/2017 16:37:28

eme12

Civilized Sporeon

Gabrieletheman00 wrote:

I HATE YOU.

>be me
>king of Sporechan
aleks242007

Microbe

MaxisBazajaytee's want to play Spore, original game download 1.3.0.22 GA download 3.1.0.22 version and I can't login in game, how fix it?
Game in Origin.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/11/2018 15:52:16

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: